Hi Helpful Fodorites
I asked about ideas on this a couple of months ago and I've about decided on what to do.
As a recap, I'll be flying into Athens from Paris on September 3 and will arrive about 5:30 pm. Three friends will also be arriving from the US about that time. They will be jetlagged, I won't. We have three nights before we all have to be back in Athens to meet the rest of our group of friends who will be arriving after us.
I'm wanting to go somewhere I've never been for those three nights. Arriving so late makes most flights and ferries impossible, unless we wait until the next morning. BUT, I've found a great sale on flights to Rhodes and there is a flight leaving at 9:20 pm that night. So, it's either three nights in Rhodes (really just two full days though) OR, renting a car at the airport and driving to Napflio for those three nights.
I don't want to stay in Athens those three days as I've been to Athens many many times and we will be doing Athens for two nights once the rest of our group arrives. We will also be going to Santorini and Milos on the trip.
What do you think? Any thoughts about what makes the most sense? Obviously I'd be doing the driving since my friends will be massively jet lagged. (This will be the first trip overseas for two of them)
I'll be finishing up work in France and so I'm looking to just regroup and recharge before starting to "lead" the group of friends through Greece. I love seeing ancient sights but also just soaking up the culture, food, atmosphere of Greece. I also enjoy hiking, kayaking and visiting beautiful beaches. Basically being outside.
Pros and cons to each place? Ease of getting from the airport to Old Town Rhodes? Ease of driving to Napflio? Is one generally more budget friendly than the other?
Thanks for all the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 2 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 3 SPAIN In 6 DAYS
- 4 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 5 http://testoxtrmadvice.com/celexas-male-enhancement/
- 6 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 7 prepaid sim card in Lithuania
- 8 Bosch Parade
- 9 Antwerp Tram
- 10 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 11 Louis Vuitton/Prada/Gucci - cheaper in Paris/Madrid/London
- 12 21 nights in England, please help
- 13 Best route Stratford to Chatsworth House
- 14 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 15 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 16 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 17 3/4/ days South of France
- 18 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 19 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)
- 20 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 21 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 22 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 23 Trains from Granada
- 24 Cinque Terre with Mom (4 days)
- 25 Iceland-another itinerary help request
Hi Helpful Fodorites