Hi Helpful Fodorites
I asked about ideas on this a couple of months ago and I've about decided on what to do.
As a recap, I'll be flying into Athens from Paris on September 3 and will arrive about 5:30 pm. Three friends will also be arriving from the US about that time. They will be jetlagged, I won't. We have three nights before we all have to be back in Athens to meet the rest of our group of friends who will be arriving after us.
I'm wanting to go somewhere I've never been for those three nights. Arriving so late makes most flights and ferries impossible, unless we wait until the next morning. BUT, I've found a great sale on flights to Rhodes and there is a flight leaving at 9:20 pm that night. So, it's either three nights in Rhodes (really just two full days though) OR, renting a car at the airport and driving to Napflio for those three nights.
I don't want to stay in Athens those three days as I've been to Athens many many times and we will be doing Athens for two nights once the rest of our group arrives. We will also be going to Santorini and Milos on the trip.
What do you think? Any thoughts about what makes the most sense? Obviously I'd be doing the driving since my friends will be massively jet lagged. (This will be the first trip overseas for two of them)
I'll be finishing up work in France and so I'm looking to just regroup and recharge before starting to "lead" the group of friends through Greece. I love seeing ancient sights but also just soaking up the culture, food, atmosphere of Greece. I also enjoy hiking, kayaking and visiting beautiful beaches. Basically being outside.
Pros and cons to each place? Ease of getting from the airport to Old Town Rhodes? Ease of driving to Napflio? Is one generally more budget friendly than the other?
Thanks for all the help!!
Hmmm, Rhodes or Napflio
Hi Helpful Fodorites
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 2 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 3 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 4 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 5 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 6 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 7 destination wedding
- 8 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 9 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 10 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 13 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 14 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 15 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 16 London Private Detectives
- 17 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 18 Calling Jamikins
- 19 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 20 A drive in Europe
- 21 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 22 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 23 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 24 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 25 Europe in 21 days