I have been reading trip reports on Fodors and I am just beginning plans to Italy in mid-May for 10 nights with my husband and daughter, 24. It is a college graduation trip for her, in part. I know it is getting late!!
It has been 26 years since husband and I went to Italy. We are interested in focusing on food, wine, art, scenery, history, architecture, experiencing the culture. There is so much that we would like to see, but of course don't want to move too much.
We plan to fly in to Venice. My husband and I have been there, but our daughter really wants to see it. We will maybe spend 3 nights to recover from the trip from LA. My husband has a very bad back right now, but is determined to go. I am looking for ways to keep everyone happy. My daughter and I will want to walk much more than my husband. Town/cities that are not too small, not too big. Good restaurants, cafes, a wine tasting, maybe a cooking class., not museums so much as living art ......Driving some is fine....
Please tell me how this sounds --just forming ideas--
Venice -- 3 nights
Florence--2 or 3 nights or stay in Lucca or Sienna?? Then get a car.
Montepulciano--3 -4 nights with day trips to Ferrara (husband's wish), Chiati, maybe Raveena
I wanted to see Orvieto. Assissi, Gubbio. Not sure yet where we will fly out of.
Any advice is appreciated!! Thank you. I am working on this trip this weekend!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 3 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 7 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 8 Which Day?
- 9 barcelona neighborhood
- 10 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 11 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 12 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 13 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 14 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 15 Europe itinerary help!
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary