I recently made a thread with too many cities and I decided to focus on a few at a time instead.
I visited Europe for the first time in May 2015. I got to see 9 cities (London (&Bath), Paris, Berlin, Prague, Rome, Florence (&Pisa), Geneva, Barcelona, and Lisbon (&Sintra)). My favorite things were the museums and tourist destinations like the Eiffel tower, Sistene Chapel, Stonehenge, Leaning Tower of Pisa, St. Vitus Cathedral, Ponte Vecchio, etc.). I'm not one for nightlife, drinking, or relaxation on these trips. The places I like don't have to necessarily be big cities (I really enjoyed Bath and Sintra), they just need to have a lot of things to do: history, arts, culture, museums, tourist destinations, etc.
Here are some cities I was thinking about visiting:
Disclaimer: this is not going to be all in one trip. Here is my request - based on your experiences, could you tell me the cities around my listed cities that you greatly enjoyed and that you'd think I would like based on my interests? If you could also tell me the things you liked doing in these cities (in addition to a general idea of why you liked them), I would really appreciate it. I would hate to miss out on any amazing cities that were a short train ride away due to my ignorance. The cities with a question mark next to them are ones I am unsure about. If you have visited them, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experiences.
As well, for those that have visited these cities, how long would you recommend I spend in each of them? So far I believe I can take the train from Venice to Milan, Amsterdam to Brussels, and Madrid to Seville. If you notice any other cities that have a cheap form of transportation in between them, please let me know!
I know this is a very big request, but I really do appreciate all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 London Hotels
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 1 month in Europe
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 15 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 16 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 17 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 18 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 19 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 20 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 21 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 22 LIsbon
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 Iceland in 7 days.
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139