I recently made a thread with too many cities and I decided to focus on a few at a time instead.
I visited Europe for the first time in May 2015. I got to see 9 cities (London (&Bath), Paris, Berlin, Prague, Rome, Florence (&Pisa), Geneva, Barcelona, and Lisbon (&Sintra)). My favorite things were the museums and tourist destinations like the Eiffel tower, Sistene Chapel, Stonehenge, Leaning Tower of Pisa, St. Vitus Cathedral, Ponte Vecchio, etc.). I'm not one for nightlife, drinking, or relaxation on these trips. The places I like don't have to necessarily be big cities (I really enjoyed Bath and Sintra), they just need to have a lot of things to do: history, arts, culture, museums, tourist destinations, etc.
Here are some cities I was thinking about visiting:
Disclaimer: this is not going to be all in one trip. Here is my request - based on your experiences, could you tell me the cities around my listed cities that you greatly enjoyed and that you'd think I would like based on my interests? If you could also tell me the things you liked doing in these cities (in addition to a general idea of why you liked them), I would really appreciate it. I would hate to miss out on any amazing cities that were a short train ride away due to my ignorance. The cities with a question mark next to them are ones I am unsure about. If you have visited them, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experiences.
As well, for those that have visited these cities, how long would you recommend I spend in each of them? So far I believe I can take the train from Venice to Milan, Amsterdam to Brussels, and Madrid to Seville. If you notice any other cities that have a cheap form of transportation in between them, please let me know!
I know this is a very big request, but I really do appreciate all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 4 Lake Como AREA questions
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 7 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 8 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 9 Spain - day driver advice
- 10 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 11 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 12 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 13 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 14 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 17 London with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 19 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 20 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 21 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 22 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 23 Madrird and Seville
- 24 Greece
- 25 Ludwig Castles