I recently made a thread with too many cities and I decided to focus on a few at a time instead.
I visited Europe for the first time in May 2015. I got to see 9 cities (London (&Bath), Paris, Berlin, Prague, Rome, Florence (&Pisa), Geneva, Barcelona, and Lisbon (&Sintra)). My favorite things were the museums and tourist destinations like the Eiffel tower, Sistene Chapel, Stonehenge, Leaning Tower of Pisa, St. Vitus Cathedral, Ponte Vecchio, etc.). I'm not one for nightlife, drinking, or relaxation on these trips. The places I like don't have to necessarily be big cities (I really enjoyed Bath and Sintra), they just need to have a lot of things to do: history, arts, culture, museums, tourist destinations, etc.
Here are some cities I was thinking about visiting:
Disclaimer: this is not going to be all in one trip. Here is my request - based on your experiences, could you tell me the cities around my listed cities that you greatly enjoyed and that you'd think I would like based on my interests? If you could also tell me the things you liked doing in these cities (in addition to a general idea of why you liked them), I would really appreciate it. I would hate to miss out on any amazing cities that were a short train ride away due to my ignorance. The cities with a question mark next to them are ones I am unsure about. If you have visited them, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experiences.
As well, for those that have visited these cities, how long would you recommend I spend in each of them? So far I believe I can take the train from Venice to Milan, Amsterdam to Brussels, and Madrid to Seville. If you notice any other cities that have a cheap form of transportation in between them, please let me know!
I know this is a very big request, but I really do appreciate all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 sbcglobal Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 sbcglobal Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 Venice/Mestre
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 10 Pay attention to your watches !
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 13 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 14 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 15 Iceland early december visit
- 16 Zurich to Milan trip
- 17 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 18 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 19 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 20 Italy Car Scam
- 21 Quizz !
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 24 car insurance italy
- 25 Christmas Day in Granada