I recently made a thread with too many cities and I decided to focus on a few at a time instead.
I visited Europe for the first time in May 2015. I got to see 9 cities (London (&Bath), Paris, Berlin, Prague, Rome, Florence (&Pisa), Geneva, Barcelona, and Lisbon (&Sintra)). My favorite things were the museums and tourist destinations like the Eiffel tower, Sistene Chapel, Stonehenge, Leaning Tower of Pisa, St. Vitus Cathedral, Ponte Vecchio, etc.). I'm not one for nightlife, drinking, or relaxation on these trips. The places I like don't have to necessarily be big cities (I really enjoyed Bath and Sintra), they just need to have a lot of things to do: history, arts, culture, museums, tourist destinations, etc.
Here are some cities I was thinking about visiting:
Disclaimer: this is not going to be all in one trip. Here is my request - based on your experiences, could you tell me the cities around my listed cities that you greatly enjoyed and that you'd think I would like based on my interests? If you could also tell me the things you liked doing in these cities (in addition to a general idea of why you liked them), I would really appreciate it. I would hate to miss out on any amazing cities that were a short train ride away due to my ignorance. The cities with a question mark next to them are ones I am unsure about. If you have visited them, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experiences.
As well, for those that have visited these cities, how long would you recommend I spend in each of them? So far I believe I can take the train from Venice to Milan, Amsterdam to Brussels, and Madrid to Seville. If you notice any other cities that have a cheap form of transportation in between them, please let me know!
I know this is a very big request, but I really do appreciate all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 2 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 3 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Paris in November
- 8 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 9 Shorts in South of France?
- 10 Alhambra
- 11 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 12 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 13 Windsor Castle
- 14 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 15 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 16 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 17 Globus Iberian Tour
- 18 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 19 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 22 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 23 Private Guide in Lyon
- 24 Salzburg itinerary review
- 25 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina