We are leaving Saturday from Houston to Frankfurt (United) and then straight on to Istanbul, Turkey (via a United codeshared Lufthanza flight). I am not sure what happens in Frankfurt. We will be in transit: Do we go through immigration or is there a transit zone so we just head to our next flight without going through immigration? We are planning on checking our bags through to Istanbul, so we won't need to collect them in Frankfurt - correct?
If anyone has transited through Frankfurt to a non Schengen country, I would greatly appreciate your insights on the process. We don't have a long connection in Frankfurt ( one hour, twenty-five minutes) so I don't want spend time trying to figure out the process.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage Storage
- 2 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 3 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 4 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 10 days in Paris and......
- 7 Summer Travel order
- 8 LIsbon
- 9 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 10 International Flight Question
- 11 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 Brugge hotel help
- 15 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 16 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 17 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 18 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 19 Another tipping question: concierges
- 20 Trip suggestion
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 23 Back from Paris
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)