We are leaving Saturday from Houston to Frankfurt (United) and then straight on to Istanbul, Turkey (via a United codeshared Lufthanza flight). I am not sure what happens in Frankfurt. We will be in transit: Do we go through immigration or is there a transit zone so we just head to our next flight without going through immigration? We are planning on checking our bags through to Istanbul, so we won't need to collect them in Frankfurt - correct?
If anyone has transited through Frankfurt to a non Schengen country, I would greatly appreciate your insights on the process. We don't have a long connection in Frankfurt ( one hour, twenty-five minutes) so I don't want spend time trying to figure out the process.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 2 Switzerland in September
- 3 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 4 Where to eat in Rome?
- 5 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 6 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 7 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Positano or Sorrento?
- 11 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 12 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 13 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 14 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 15 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 18 AMS Car Rental
- 19 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 20 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 21 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 22 weekend from cologne germany
- 23 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)