We are leaving Saturday from Houston to Frankfurt (United) and then straight on to Istanbul, Turkey (via a United codeshared Lufthanza flight). I am not sure what happens in Frankfurt. We will be in transit: Do we go through immigration or is there a transit zone so we just head to our next flight without going through immigration? We are planning on checking our bags through to Istanbul, so we won't need to collect them in Frankfurt - correct?
If anyone has transited through Frankfurt to a non Schengen country, I would greatly appreciate your insights on the process. We don't have a long connection in Frankfurt ( one hour, twenty-five minutes) so I don't want spend time trying to figure out the process.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stuck in Paris
- 2 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 3 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 4 Renting a car in Greece
- 5 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 6 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 7 Spain - day driver advice
- 8 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 9 Greece
- 10 Ex-pats with young kids
- 11 Iceland france spain
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 Help on ancient history route
- 14 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Paris hotel
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Spanish food - not that special?
- 20 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 21 Maximizing Norway time
- 22 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 23 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 24 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)