We are leaving Saturday from Houston to Frankfurt (United) and then straight on to Istanbul, Turkey (via a United codeshared Lufthanza flight). I am not sure what happens in Frankfurt. We will be in transit: Do we go through immigration or is there a transit zone so we just head to our next flight without going through immigration? We are planning on checking our bags through to Istanbul, so we won't need to collect them in Frankfurt - correct?
If anyone has transited through Frankfurt to a non Schengen country, I would greatly appreciate your insights on the process. We don't have a long connection in Frankfurt ( one hour, twenty-five minutes) so I don't want spend time trying to figure out the process.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pay attention to your watches !
- 2 Venice/Mestre
- 3 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 4 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 5 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 8 car insurance italy
- 9 auto europa or auto europe?
- 10 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 14 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 15 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 16 8 Days in Spain
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Paris to Italy
- 25 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)