We are leaving Saturday from Houston to Frankfurt (United) and then straight on to Istanbul, Turkey (via a United codeshared Lufthanza flight). I am not sure what happens in Frankfurt. We will be in transit: Do we go through immigration or is there a transit zone so we just head to our next flight without going through immigration? We are planning on checking our bags through to Istanbul, so we won't need to collect them in Frankfurt - correct?
If anyone has transited through Frankfurt to a non Schengen country, I would greatly appreciate your insights on the process. We don't have a long connection in Frankfurt ( one hour, twenty-five minutes) so I don't want spend time trying to figure out the process.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 2 Spain in December
- 3 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 4 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 5 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 6 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 7 Skye to Edinburgh
- 8 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 9 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 10 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 14 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 15 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 UK Visa Help
- 18 K-Day
- 19 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 20 Sundays in Puglia
- 21 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 24 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 25 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)