My two sons (nearly 15, nearly 13) and I will be travelling late September.
Coming from Switzerland by train to Italy. On a previous forum I was persuaded by many experts to stay IN Venice rather than day-trip in. So I decided we'd stop in Verona for 2 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Bergamo for 1 night before flying out of Milan and home to Oz. Have booked accommodation in Venice.
In Verona the plan was to see the colosseum in the afternoon of first day, and relax after the journey, and on the second day do a day-trip to Sirmione to see the castle, and have a swim. The castle is fairly important, since I've said we'll see one on our trip.
BUT I mucked up the dates for Venice! And it only allows us 1 night in Verona.
Do you think we should go back to Verona and stay another night after Venice? I guess I'm asking how awkward/easy this would be... Not a fan of staying only 1 night, packing, moving on, etc., but I'm trying to find the best solution.
Or would it be better to have 2 nights in Bergamo?
Or is there another fantastic idea to solve this dilemma?
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy
- 2 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 3 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 4 Stay in Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi?
- 5 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 6 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 7 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 8 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 9 Florence to Pisa Round Trip
- 10 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family
- 11 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 12 Rain forecast Provence next Sunday and Monday. Any suggestions?
- 13 Lake Como - basta!
- 14 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 15 France to stop making foie grois
- 16 Arriving Athens at night
- 17 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 18 European travel, what to see?
- 19 Athens airport
- 20 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 21 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 22 please revew provence agenda
- 23 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 24 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 25 Scenic route from Montepuciano to Siena
Help! Switzerland/Verona/Venice/Bergamo: I mucked up Venice reservations