My two sons (nearly 15, nearly 13) and I will be travelling late September.
Coming from Switzerland by train to Italy. On a previous forum I was persuaded by many experts to stay IN Venice rather than day-trip in. So I decided we'd stop in Verona for 2 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Bergamo for 1 night before flying out of Milan and home to Oz. Have booked accommodation in Venice.
In Verona the plan was to see the colosseum in the afternoon of first day, and relax after the journey, and on the second day do a day-trip to Sirmione to see the castle, and have a swim. The castle is fairly important, since I've said we'll see one on our trip.
BUT I mucked up the dates for Venice! And it only allows us 1 night in Verona.
Do you think we should go back to Verona and stay another night after Venice? I guess I'm asking how awkward/easy this would be... Not a fan of staying only 1 night, packing, moving on, etc., but I'm trying to find the best solution.
Or would it be better to have 2 nights in Bergamo?
Or is there another fantastic idea to solve this dilemma?
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 5 Pay attention to your watches !
- 6 9 Days in Spain
- 7 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 8 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 9 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 10 Iceland early december visit
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 14 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 15 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 16 Italy Car Scam
- 17 Quizz !
- 18 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 19 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 20 car insurance italy
- 21 Christmas Day in Granada
- 22 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 23 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 24 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 25 Venice/Mestre
Help! Switzerland/Verona/Venice/Bergamo: I mucked up Venice reservations