My two sons (nearly 15, nearly 13) and I will be travelling late September.
Coming from Switzerland by train to Italy. On a previous forum I was persuaded by many experts to stay IN Venice rather than day-trip in. So I decided we'd stop in Verona for 2 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Bergamo for 1 night before flying out of Milan and home to Oz. Have booked accommodation in Venice.
In Verona the plan was to see the colosseum in the afternoon of first day, and relax after the journey, and on the second day do a day-trip to Sirmione to see the castle, and have a swim. The castle is fairly important, since I've said we'll see one on our trip.
BUT I mucked up the dates for Venice! And it only allows us 1 night in Verona.
Do you think we should go back to Verona and stay another night after Venice? I guess I'm asking how awkward/easy this would be... Not a fan of staying only 1 night, packing, moving on, etc., but I'm trying to find the best solution.
Or would it be better to have 2 nights in Bergamo?
Or is there another fantastic idea to solve this dilemma?
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Navigating the Swiss travel system
- 2 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 3 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 4 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 5 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 6 Anchovies and Sardines
- 7 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 8 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 9 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 10 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 11 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 12 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 13 Flight connection in CDG
- 14 Amsterdam, Germany
- 15 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 16 Ravenna Mosaics
- 17 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 18 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 19 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 20 Greece Itinerary
- 21 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 22 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 23 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 24 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 25 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
Help! Switzerland/Verona/Venice/Bergamo: I mucked up Venice reservations