My two sons (nearly 15, nearly 13) and I will be travelling late September.
Coming from Switzerland by train to Italy. On a previous forum I was persuaded by many experts to stay IN Venice rather than day-trip in. So I decided we'd stop in Verona for 2 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Bergamo for 1 night before flying out of Milan and home to Oz. Have booked accommodation in Venice.
In Verona the plan was to see the colosseum in the afternoon of first day, and relax after the journey, and on the second day do a day-trip to Sirmione to see the castle, and have a swim. The castle is fairly important, since I've said we'll see one on our trip.
BUT I mucked up the dates for Venice! And it only allows us 1 night in Verona.
Do you think we should go back to Verona and stay another night after Venice? I guess I'm asking how awkward/easy this would be... Not a fan of staying only 1 night, packing, moving on, etc., but I'm trying to find the best solution.
Or would it be better to have 2 nights in Bergamo?
Or is there another fantastic idea to solve this dilemma?
Thanks for any advice.
Help! Switzerland/Verona/Venice/Bergamo: I mucked up Venice reservations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 2 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 3 Cotswolds village base
- 4 Hotel in Rome?
- 5 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 6 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 7 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 8 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 9 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 10 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 11 Passport Delays
- 12 Wine tour from Verona?
- 13 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 14 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 15 Netherlands Delta Works
- 16 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 17 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 18 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 19 A full week in The Netherlands
- 20 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 21 Southern Italy without a Car
- 22 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 23 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 24 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 25 Planning an itinerary in Southern France