My two sons (nearly 15, nearly 13) and I will be travelling late September.
Coming from Switzerland by train to Italy. On a previous forum I was persuaded by many experts to stay IN Venice rather than day-trip in. So I decided we'd stop in Verona for 2 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Bergamo for 1 night before flying out of Milan and home to Oz. Have booked accommodation in Venice.
In Verona the plan was to see the colosseum in the afternoon of first day, and relax after the journey, and on the second day do a day-trip to Sirmione to see the castle, and have a swim. The castle is fairly important, since I've said we'll see one on our trip.
BUT I mucked up the dates for Venice! And it only allows us 1 night in Verona.
Do you think we should go back to Verona and stay another night after Venice? I guess I'm asking how awkward/easy this would be... Not a fan of staying only 1 night, packing, moving on, etc., but I'm trying to find the best solution.
Or would it be better to have 2 nights in Bergamo?
Or is there another fantastic idea to solve this dilemma?
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Revised itinerary for italy
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 7 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 8 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 11 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 12 Juangfrau / mt
- 13 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 14 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 15 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 19 Switzerland
- 20 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 21 Questions about Polish sights
- 22 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Ireland travel passport question
Help! Switzerland/Verona/Venice/Bergamo: I mucked up Venice reservations