My two sons (nearly 15, nearly 13) and I will be travelling late September.
Coming from Switzerland by train to Italy. On a previous forum I was persuaded by many experts to stay IN Venice rather than day-trip in. So I decided we'd stop in Verona for 2 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Bergamo for 1 night before flying out of Milan and home to Oz. Have booked accommodation in Venice.
In Verona the plan was to see the colosseum in the afternoon of first day, and relax after the journey, and on the second day do a day-trip to Sirmione to see the castle, and have a swim. The castle is fairly important, since I've said we'll see one on our trip.
BUT I mucked up the dates for Venice! And it only allows us 1 night in Verona.
Do you think we should go back to Verona and stay another night after Venice? I guess I'm asking how awkward/easy this would be... Not a fan of staying only 1 night, packing, moving on, etc., but I'm trying to find the best solution.
Or would it be better to have 2 nights in Bergamo?
Or is there another fantastic idea to solve this dilemma?
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 3 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 4 CDG much improved
- 5 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 6 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 7 http://www.toptryloburn.com/vita-laze/
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Ronda Wine/biking
- 10 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Italy bus or train
- 13 Ireland itinerary help please
- 14 May get together in Paris
- 15 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 16 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 17 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 18 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 19 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 20 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 21 Canal du Midi
- 22 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 23 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 24 Perugia
- 25 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
Help! Switzerland/Verona/Venice/Bergamo: I mucked up Venice reservations