My two sons (nearly 15, nearly 13) and I will be travelling late September.
Coming from Switzerland by train to Italy. On a previous forum I was persuaded by many experts to stay IN Venice rather than day-trip in. So I decided we'd stop in Verona for 2 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Bergamo for 1 night before flying out of Milan and home to Oz. Have booked accommodation in Venice.
In Verona the plan was to see the colosseum in the afternoon of first day, and relax after the journey, and on the second day do a day-trip to Sirmione to see the castle, and have a swim. The castle is fairly important, since I've said we'll see one on our trip.
BUT I mucked up the dates for Venice! And it only allows us 1 night in Verona.
Do you think we should go back to Verona and stay another night after Venice? I guess I'm asking how awkward/easy this would be... Not a fan of staying only 1 night, packing, moving on, etc., but I'm trying to find the best solution.
Or would it be better to have 2 nights in Bergamo?
Or is there another fantastic idea to solve this dilemma?
Thanks for any advice.
Help! Switzerland/Verona/Venice/Bergamo: I mucked up Venice reservations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time Ireland trip
- 2 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 3 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 4 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 5 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 8 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 11 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 14 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 15 22 year olds in Europe
- 16 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 17 Granada
- 18 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 19 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 20 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 21 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 22 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 23 Coffee in Naples
- 24 A Sardinia trip report
- 25 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy