My two sons (nearly 15, nearly 13) and I will be travelling late September.
Coming from Switzerland by train to Italy. On a previous forum I was persuaded by many experts to stay IN Venice rather than day-trip in. So I decided we'd stop in Verona for 2 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Bergamo for 1 night before flying out of Milan and home to Oz. Have booked accommodation in Venice.
In Verona the plan was to see the colosseum in the afternoon of first day, and relax after the journey, and on the second day do a day-trip to Sirmione to see the castle, and have a swim. The castle is fairly important, since I've said we'll see one on our trip.
BUT I mucked up the dates for Venice! And it only allows us 1 night in Verona.
Do you think we should go back to Verona and stay another night after Venice? I guess I'm asking how awkward/easy this would be... Not a fan of staying only 1 night, packing, moving on, etc., but I'm trying to find the best solution.
Or would it be better to have 2 nights in Bergamo?
Or is there another fantastic idea to solve this dilemma?
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 2 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 3 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 4 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 5 Brief trip report Naples
- 6 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 7 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 8 Paris Under Seige...
- 9 Advices about our itiniary
- 10 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 11 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 12 Private transportation
- 13 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 14 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 15 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 16 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 17 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 18 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 19 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 20 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 21 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 22 Global Travel Warning...
- 23 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 24 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 25 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
Help! Switzerland/Verona/Venice/Bergamo: I mucked up Venice reservations