My two sons (nearly 15, nearly 13) and I will be travelling late September.
Coming from Switzerland by train to Italy. On a previous forum I was persuaded by many experts to stay IN Venice rather than day-trip in. So I decided we'd stop in Verona for 2 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Bergamo for 1 night before flying out of Milan and home to Oz. Have booked accommodation in Venice.
In Verona the plan was to see the colosseum in the afternoon of first day, and relax after the journey, and on the second day do a day-trip to Sirmione to see the castle, and have a swim. The castle is fairly important, since I've said we'll see one on our trip.
BUT I mucked up the dates for Venice! And it only allows us 1 night in Verona.
Do you think we should go back to Verona and stay another night after Venice? I guess I'm asking how awkward/easy this would be... Not a fan of staying only 1 night, packing, moving on, etc., but I'm trying to find the best solution.
Or would it be better to have 2 nights in Bergamo?
Or is there another fantastic idea to solve this dilemma?
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Positano
- 2 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 3 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 4 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 5 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 6 Scotland Question
- 7 London Paris
- 8 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 9 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 10 What clothes?
- 11 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 12 Minimum connect time Istanbul Ataturk airport
- 13 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 14 London dining service charge
- 15 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 16 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 17 Scandinavia????
- 18 GPS vs Google Maps
- 19 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 20 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 21 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 22 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 23 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 24 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 25 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
Help! Switzerland/Verona/Venice/Bergamo: I mucked up Venice reservations