we are planning a family vacation for the 4 of us (2 adults + 2 children) in May. Our tentative plans are as follows:
1. Delhi to Prague by Austrian Air / Aeroflot
2. Prague Apartment - 4 nights
3. Prague to Salzburg - By bus or private car hire (allowing time for Cesky Krumlov on the way)
4. Salzburg apartment - 4 nights
5. Salzburg to Vienna - by train
6. Vienna apartment - 5 nights
Return from Vienna
I had the following questions -
a. What is a preferable option - Del to Prague (by air) Or Delhi to Vienna (since its a direct flight on Austrian) and then take a bus from Vienna to Prague the same day afternoon (flight reaches around 7 AM).
b. If we take the bus, do we need to book in advance or can we just reach the bus station directly? How much time do I need post my arrival at Vienna airport to reach the bus station?
c. Have never flown Aeroflot before but they seem to be much cheaper than any other airline - Any opinions on them? Also with connecting flights my biggest worry is always losing some luggage in the transit. I have read some not so good experiences about Sheremetyevo.
d. Salzburg to Vienna train - do I need to prebook or can I just reach the station and buy tickets? Also do I need advance reservation on the train?
Help on travel plans - Czech & Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel Wallet: Around the Waist or Neck?
- 2 Wallet Stolen in Granada - Lessons Learned
- 3 hikes close to Interlaken without a wallet? (or maybe just a thin one!)
- 4 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 5 Paris: psst....Someone who's just been in WInter, tell me: boots and handbags
- 6 Clear Plastic Handbags..We have to use them at work so...
- 7 Gucci Handbags in Rome
- 8 Vatican Museum Tour and Handbags/Backpacks
- 9 PARIS: scarlett - what about the handbags???
- 10 Ladies- Travel Handbags?
- 11 Hand made leather handbags in Venice - Trinny & Susannah recommendation
- 12 Shopping for YSL/ LV Handbags
- 13 New !travel handbags, an update please!
- 14 Paris Handbags
- 15 Which designer handbags come out in Europe before hitting the States?
- 16 VAT in Greece>>Athen (Purchasing of handbags as Tourist)
- 17 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 18 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 19 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 20 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 21 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 22 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 23 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 24 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 25 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?