we are planning a family vacation for the 4 of us (2 adults + 2 children) in May. Our tentative plans are as follows:
1. Delhi to Prague by Austrian Air / Aeroflot
2. Prague Apartment - 4 nights
3. Prague to Salzburg - By bus or private car hire (allowing time for Cesky Krumlov on the way)
4. Salzburg apartment - 4 nights
5. Salzburg to Vienna - by train
6. Vienna apartment - 5 nights
Return from Vienna
I had the following questions -
a. What is a preferable option - Del to Prague (by air) Or Delhi to Vienna (since its a direct flight on Austrian) and then take a bus from Vienna to Prague the same day afternoon (flight reaches around 7 AM).
b. If we take the bus, do we need to book in advance or can we just reach the bus station directly? How much time do I need post my arrival at Vienna airport to reach the bus station?
c. Have never flown Aeroflot before but they seem to be much cheaper than any other airline - Any opinions on them? Also with connecting flights my biggest worry is always losing some luggage in the transit. I have read some not so good experiences about Sheremetyevo.
d. Salzburg to Vienna train - do I need to prebook or can I just reach the station and buy tickets? Also do I need advance reservation on the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 3 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 4 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 5 Munich and....???
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Can parking
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 10 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 13 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 magnified mirror
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 22 San Sebastián
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald