we are planning a family vacation for the 4 of us (2 adults + 2 children) in May. Our tentative plans are as follows:
1. Delhi to Prague by Austrian Air / Aeroflot
2. Prague Apartment - 4 nights
3. Prague to Salzburg - By bus or private car hire (allowing time for Cesky Krumlov on the way)
4. Salzburg apartment - 4 nights
5. Salzburg to Vienna - by train
6. Vienna apartment - 5 nights
Return from Vienna
I had the following questions -
a. What is a preferable option - Del to Prague (by air) Or Delhi to Vienna (since its a direct flight on Austrian) and then take a bus from Vienna to Prague the same day afternoon (flight reaches around 7 AM).
b. If we take the bus, do we need to book in advance or can we just reach the bus station directly? How much time do I need post my arrival at Vienna airport to reach the bus station?
c. Have never flown Aeroflot before but they seem to be much cheaper than any other airline - Any opinions on them? Also with connecting flights my biggest worry is always losing some luggage in the transit. I have read some not so good experiences about Sheremetyevo.
d. Salzburg to Vienna train - do I need to prebook or can I just reach the station and buy tickets? Also do I need advance reservation on the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Loire Valley itinerary
- 2 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 3 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 4 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 5 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 6 Need help in travel planning
- 7 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 8 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 9 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 10 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 11 RHK's Fall escape
- 12 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 13 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 14 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 15 Oops - too many yes it is me me me
- 16 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 17 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 18 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 19 A week driving in Bavaria
- 20 9 Days in Portugal!
- 21 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 22 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Hiking Dolomites
- 24 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 25 Rome/Bologna Itinerary