we are planning a family vacation for the 4 of us (2 adults + 2 children) in May. Our tentative plans are as follows:
1. Delhi to Prague by Austrian Air / Aeroflot
2. Prague Apartment - 4 nights
3. Prague to Salzburg - By bus or private car hire (allowing time for Cesky Krumlov on the way)
4. Salzburg apartment - 4 nights
5. Salzburg to Vienna - by train
6. Vienna apartment - 5 nights
Return from Vienna
I had the following questions -
a. What is a preferable option - Del to Prague (by air) Or Delhi to Vienna (since its a direct flight on Austrian) and then take a bus from Vienna to Prague the same day afternoon (flight reaches around 7 AM).
b. If we take the bus, do we need to book in advance or can we just reach the bus station directly? How much time do I need post my arrival at Vienna airport to reach the bus station?
c. Have never flown Aeroflot before but they seem to be much cheaper than any other airline - Any opinions on them? Also with connecting flights my biggest worry is always losing some luggage in the transit. I have read some not so good experiences about Sheremetyevo.
d. Salzburg to Vienna train - do I need to prebook or can I just reach the station and buy tickets? Also do I need advance reservation on the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 2 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 3 Must do/see in Rome
- 4 One night between Marseille and St.Remy?
- 5 U K Shelves Ambitious Rail Improvements
- 6 Bed & Breakfast in Paris for one night
- 7 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary
- 8 Help - Fly back from Rome or Milan?
- 9 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 10 Umbrella Stroller for Central Europe
- 11 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 12 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!
- 13 Our first trip to Europe
- 14 Free use of a owned apartment in Berlin
- 15 Winery tours
- 16 Prague Trip Report
- 17 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 18 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 19 Restaurant / Food suggestions for the Golden Circle
- 20 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 21 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 22 Five day stopover with 2 y/o and 6 y/o horse-crazy girl
- 23 Help required for Germany trip plan
- 24 London for work Paris for play!
- 25 Free Trip to Italy On Line (Video + Stills)