we are planning a family vacation for the 4 of us (2 adults + 2 children) in May. Our tentative plans are as follows:
1. Delhi to Prague by Austrian Air / Aeroflot
2. Prague Apartment - 4 nights
3. Prague to Salzburg - By bus or private car hire (allowing time for Cesky Krumlov on the way)
4. Salzburg apartment - 4 nights
5. Salzburg to Vienna - by train
6. Vienna apartment - 5 nights
Return from Vienna
I had the following questions -
a. What is a preferable option - Del to Prague (by air) Or Delhi to Vienna (since its a direct flight on Austrian) and then take a bus from Vienna to Prague the same day afternoon (flight reaches around 7 AM).
b. If we take the bus, do we need to book in advance or can we just reach the bus station directly? How much time do I need post my arrival at Vienna airport to reach the bus station?
c. Have never flown Aeroflot before but they seem to be much cheaper than any other airline - Any opinions on them? Also with connecting flights my biggest worry is always losing some luggage in the transit. I have read some not so good experiences about Sheremetyevo.
d. Salzburg to Vienna train - do I need to prebook or can I just reach the station and buy tickets? Also do I need advance reservation on the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 2 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 6 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 7 Car rental leaving Rome
- 8 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 9 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 10 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 11 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 12 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 13 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 14 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 15 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 16 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 17 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 18 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 19 Car Rental in Italy
- 20 Rue des Rosiers
- 21 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 22 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 23 First Trip to Europe!
- 24 Paris Under Seige...
- 25 Italy with my 22 year old son