we are planning a family vacation for the 4 of us (2 adults + 2 children) in May. Our tentative plans are as follows:
1. Delhi to Prague by Austrian Air / Aeroflot
2. Prague Apartment - 4 nights
3. Prague to Salzburg - By bus or private car hire (allowing time for Cesky Krumlov on the way)
4. Salzburg apartment - 4 nights
5. Salzburg to Vienna - by train
6. Vienna apartment - 5 nights
Return from Vienna
I had the following questions -
a. What is a preferable option - Del to Prague (by air) Or Delhi to Vienna (since its a direct flight on Austrian) and then take a bus from Vienna to Prague the same day afternoon (flight reaches around 7 AM).
b. If we take the bus, do we need to book in advance or can we just reach the bus station directly? How much time do I need post my arrival at Vienna airport to reach the bus station?
c. Have never flown Aeroflot before but they seem to be much cheaper than any other airline - Any opinions on them? Also with connecting flights my biggest worry is always losing some luggage in the transit. I have read some not so good experiences about Sheremetyevo.
d. Salzburg to Vienna train - do I need to prebook or can I just reach the station and buy tickets? Also do I need advance reservation on the train?
Help on travel plans - Czech & Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 2 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 3 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 4 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 5 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 6 Italian Lakes
- 7 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 10 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 11 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 12 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 13 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 14 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 15 Naxos in May
- 16 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 17 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 18 Trains in Europe
- 19 Scuol, Switzerland
- 20 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 23 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 24 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 25 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night