we are planning a family vacation for the 4 of us (2 adults + 2 children) in May. Our tentative plans are as follows:
1. Delhi to Prague by Austrian Air / Aeroflot
2. Prague Apartment - 4 nights
3. Prague to Salzburg - By bus or private car hire (allowing time for Cesky Krumlov on the way)
4. Salzburg apartment - 4 nights
5. Salzburg to Vienna - by train
6. Vienna apartment - 5 nights
Return from Vienna
I had the following questions -
a. What is a preferable option - Del to Prague (by air) Or Delhi to Vienna (since its a direct flight on Austrian) and then take a bus from Vienna to Prague the same day afternoon (flight reaches around 7 AM).
b. If we take the bus, do we need to book in advance or can we just reach the bus station directly? How much time do I need post my arrival at Vienna airport to reach the bus station?
c. Have never flown Aeroflot before but they seem to be much cheaper than any other airline - Any opinions on them? Also with connecting flights my biggest worry is always losing some luggage in the transit. I have read some not so good experiences about Sheremetyevo.
d. Salzburg to Vienna train - do I need to prebook or can I just reach the station and buy tickets? Also do I need advance reservation on the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 4 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 9 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 10 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 11 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 12 Poland to Austria In December
- 13 Alsace to Austria?
- 14 Wales
- 15 Paris in early august
- 16 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 17 Italy travel plan help
- 18 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 19 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 20 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 21 Tracking the Weather
- 22 Globus Iberian Tour
- 23 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Budapest to Kosice