we are planning a family vacation for the 4 of us (2 adults + 2 children) in May. Our tentative plans are as follows:
1. Delhi to Prague by Austrian Air / Aeroflot
2. Prague Apartment - 4 nights
3. Prague to Salzburg - By bus or private car hire (allowing time for Cesky Krumlov on the way)
4. Salzburg apartment - 4 nights
5. Salzburg to Vienna - by train
6. Vienna apartment - 5 nights
Return from Vienna
I had the following questions -
a. What is a preferable option - Del to Prague (by air) Or Delhi to Vienna (since its a direct flight on Austrian) and then take a bus from Vienna to Prague the same day afternoon (flight reaches around 7 AM).
b. If we take the bus, do we need to book in advance or can we just reach the bus station directly? How much time do I need post my arrival at Vienna airport to reach the bus station?
c. Have never flown Aeroflot before but they seem to be much cheaper than any other airline - Any opinions on them? Also with connecting flights my biggest worry is always losing some luggage in the transit. I have read some not so good experiences about Sheremetyevo.
d. Salzburg to Vienna train - do I need to prebook or can I just reach the station and buy tickets? Also do I need advance reservation on the train?
Help on travel plans - Czech & Austria
- 1 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 2 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 3 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 7 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 " Egyptian German friendship Home"FREE for all German people in Germany
- 11 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 12 7 days in Andalucia
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 14 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 15 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 16 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 17 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 18 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 19 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 20 rent car / Munich
- 21 Apartments in Rome
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 25 Madrid to Sevilla