Family of four staying a week in Chianti area this summer at a place in the countryside (near Tavarnelle val di Pesa).
We plan on taking it slowly this week, but of course, want to do some touring around.
So far, my ideas include:
Day trip to Volterra for the medieval festival; *
Day trip to San Gimignano to do the tower(s), have some lunch and will do this mid-week - perhaps their market day (Thursday?);
Pasta making class one morning near our apartment, and lunch there as well, *
A trip along the old Chianti road, stopping here and there, with a destination of Il Mulino b+b to have lunch and use their wonderful pools, *
Siena for a day trip; *
Lucca for a day trip.
This would cover 6 full days. We may not do it all, but I have added stars to the things that I am pretty sure about.
Any comments would be appreciated, further suggestions, etc. to enrich the experience. We may not do Florence this trip, unless we cut out Lucca, which is a possibility. Don't scold me for this. My kids will go back to Italy one day and will probably have Florence on their "to do" lists.
We will be coming from Rome and I anticipate that Rome will be tiring so I want to enjoy this time, not rush through just ticking off boxes.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 3 cell plan ?
- 4 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 5 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 8 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 9 Best daypack ?
- 10 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 13 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 14 Best layover option
- 15 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 16 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 17 Iceland car rental agencies
- 18 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 19 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 20 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 23 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 24 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 25 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais