Family of four staying a week in Chianti area this summer at a place in the countryside (near Tavarnelle val di Pesa).
We plan on taking it slowly this week, but of course, want to do some touring around.
So far, my ideas include:
Day trip to Volterra for the medieval festival; *
Day trip to San Gimignano to do the tower(s), have some lunch and will do this mid-week - perhaps their market day (Thursday?);
Pasta making class one morning near our apartment, and lunch there as well, *
A trip along the old Chianti road, stopping here and there, with a destination of Il Mulino b+b to have lunch and use their wonderful pools, *
Siena for a day trip; *
Lucca for a day trip.
This would cover 6 full days. We may not do it all, but I have added stars to the things that I am pretty sure about.
Any comments would be appreciated, further suggestions, etc. to enrich the experience. We may not do Florence this trip, unless we cut out Lucca, which is a possibility. Don't scold me for this. My kids will go back to Italy one day and will probably have Florence on their "to do" lists.
We will be coming from Rome and I anticipate that Rome will be tiring so I want to enjoy this time, not rush through just ticking off boxes.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 7 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 8 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 12 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 13 International Flight Question
- 14 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 15 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 16 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 17 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 18 Luggage Storage
- 19 LIsbon
- 20 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days