Family of four staying a week in Chianti area this summer at a place in the countryside (near Tavarnelle val di Pesa).
We plan on taking it slowly this week, but of course, want to do some touring around.
So far, my ideas include:
Day trip to Volterra for the medieval festival; *
Day trip to San Gimignano to do the tower(s), have some lunch and will do this mid-week - perhaps their market day (Thursday?);
Pasta making class one morning near our apartment, and lunch there as well, *
A trip along the old Chianti road, stopping here and there, with a destination of Il Mulino b+b to have lunch and use their wonderful pools, *
Siena for a day trip; *
Lucca for a day trip.
This would cover 6 full days. We may not do it all, but I have added stars to the things that I am pretty sure about.
Any comments would be appreciated, further suggestions, etc. to enrich the experience. We may not do Florence this trip, unless we cut out Lucca, which is a possibility. Don't scold me for this. My kids will go back to Italy one day and will probably have Florence on their "to do" lists.
We will be coming from Rome and I anticipate that Rome will be tiring so I want to enjoy this time, not rush through just ticking off boxes.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 3 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 9 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Driving through Paris
- 14 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 15 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 16 San Sebastián
- 17 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 18 italy Cinque Terre
- 19 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 20 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 21 Can parking
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 24 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 25 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January