Family of four staying a week in Chianti area this summer at a place in the countryside (near Tavarnelle val di Pesa).
We plan on taking it slowly this week, but of course, want to do some touring around.
So far, my ideas include:
Day trip to Volterra for the medieval festival; *
Day trip to San Gimignano to do the tower(s), have some lunch and will do this mid-week - perhaps their market day (Thursday?);
Pasta making class one morning near our apartment, and lunch there as well, *
A trip along the old Chianti road, stopping here and there, with a destination of Il Mulino b+b to have lunch and use their wonderful pools, *
Siena for a day trip; *
Lucca for a day trip.
This would cover 6 full days. We may not do it all, but I have added stars to the things that I am pretty sure about.
Any comments would be appreciated, further suggestions, etc. to enrich the experience. We may not do Florence this trip, unless we cut out Lucca, which is a possibility. Don't scold me for this. My kids will go back to Italy one day and will probably have Florence on their "to do" lists.
We will be coming from Rome and I anticipate that Rome will be tiring so I want to enjoy this time, not rush through just ticking off boxes.
Help in narrowing down Tuscan adventures with kids
- 1 Help with itenerary
- 2 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 3 Train from Civitavecchia port to Rome
- 4 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 5 Extra leg room on British Airways
- 6 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 7 train from Krakow, Poland to Venice, Italy
- 8 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 9 I Need To Vent!
- 10 Train from Dresden to Nueburg DO in July
- 11 Possible Itinerary in Romania?
- 12 Bulgaria or Romania next fall?
- 13 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 14 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 15 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 16 To Clifton, RE: Romania
- 17 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 18 private tour of Romania - would you recommend Carpathian Travel Center?
- 19 Easiest way to get to Cinque Terre
- 20 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 21 Romania and Hungary itinerary
- 22 WHY ROMANIA???
- 23 Train tickets
- 24 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 25 Romania, anyone?