DH and I will be travelling to Europe with our pre-teen daughter in August and plan to take the overnight Ferry from London (Harwich) to Amsterdam, on the "Dutch Flyer train & ferry". We will be staying in London and plan to take a day trip to Cambridge, I am wondering whether we should make the day trip to Cambridge the last day and depart directly from Cambridge? We only have carry on size luggage. How doable it is to carry the luggage with us walking around whole day in August. It does save us a train ride back to London though...advice? Also, should I buy London - Cambridge train tickets in advance and is there any advantage doing so?
Help: Ferry and Train from England to Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-6 weeks
- 2 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 3 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 4 France, Italy and Greec
- 5 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 6 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 7 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 8 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 9 Venice Banning Fodors
- 10 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 11 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 12 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 13 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 14 Eiffel tower tickets
- 15 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 16 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 19 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 20 Rome---August and September
- 21 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 22 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 23 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 24 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 25 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015