My friend and I are planning a 16-day trip to Europe this summer, starting in Barcelona, and ending in Amsterdam. We know we'd like to spend 3 days in Barcelona and 2 days in Amsterdam, which gives us 11 "free" days to see some cities in between!
We talked about visiting Barcelona (3 days)- Paris (4 days)- London (5 days)- Amsterdam (2 days), but I would love some advice on other places we can see in Europe, including the less "conventional" destinations. The cities I mentioned above are just a rough itinerary....
We are both in our early 20s, and we want this trip to be as fun/adventurous as it is cultural (for lack of a better word..) Hopefully this is possible, with only 16 days!
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 Walking itinerary in England?
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 5 Dog friendly hotels
- 6 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 7 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 Cambridge in May
- 9 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 Madrid/Lisbon
- 16 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 17 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 18 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 19 Day trips around Vienna
- 20 Greek fuel cost
- 21 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 22 Killarney
- 23 First time in Bulgaria
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?