Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Amsterdam to Barcelona - Itinerary Advice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:39 AM
Gord

I'm attending a conference in Amsterdam in early May 2003, and my wife and I plan to travel in Europe for an additional week (suitcases not backpacks). I've booked 5 nights at the Seven Bridges Hotel in Amsterdam (which Internet reviews indicate is a decent mid-price hotel), but otherwise we're still undecided as to where to go and what to see, with the exception that we'd like to end the trip in Barcelona, where we have friends. Any thoughts/advice?<BR><BR>Gord<BR>Winnipeg, Canada

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:05 PM
Sjoerd

Easyjet and Basiqair fly to Barcelona from Amsterdam. The earlier you book the cheaper the fares. <BR>www.easyjet.com<BR>www. basiqair.com

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Michael

One week? 4 days in Paris and 3 days in Barcelona, and fly in between. You won't have time for anything else. An alternative is to stick to the Netherlands, doing day trips from Amsterdam and then fly to Barcelona.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Ben Haines

You probably know that you can board a sleeper, dine in the restaurant car, sleep uninterrupted, and reach Barcelona next morning<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London