After a lengthy illness, my doctor has prescribed a month of complete rest. I would like to spend it in Scotland in October-November, in quiet, comfortable and hospitable surroundings where I could walk about to my heart's content. I might consider an occasional day excursion by rail. I will be travelling alone, and although I will require a fair amount of quiet time to just read and relax by the hearth with a wee dram, I would also enjoy meeting other travellers as well the locals. NO shopping or touristy things. I want to settle in. Therefore, good food is a must. Suggestions would be gratefully received.
Health Recovery in Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 2 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 3 Help With Vienna
- 4 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 7 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 8 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 9 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 12 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 13 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 14 Nice or Marseille??
- 15 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 gites de france or agritourism
- 23 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?