After a lengthy illness, my doctor has prescribed a month of complete rest. I would like to spend it in Scotland in October-November, in quiet, comfortable and hospitable surroundings where I could walk about to my heart's content. I might consider an occasional day excursion by rail. I will be travelling alone, and although I will require a fair amount of quiet time to just read and relax by the hearth with a wee dram, I would also enjoy meeting other travellers as well the locals. NO shopping or touristy things. I want to settle in. Therefore, good food is a must. Suggestions would be gratefully received.
Health Recovery in Scotland
- 1 CIE Tours of Ireland - any opinions?
- 2 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 3 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 4 Flying from New York City to Cinque Terre, Italy
- 5 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 6 Last monte Paris apartment
- 7 MILAN BUS STATION / MILAN CENTRALE RR - Correct Station?
- 8 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 9 Which tour company would be best?
- 10 Britain Ireland and Scotland Tours
- 11 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 12 CIE TOURS? or Any other suggestions?
- 13 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 14 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 15 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 16 Travel tip- Florence to nice
- 17 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova
- 18 Germany student visa to tourist visa
- 19 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 20 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 21 Backpacking through Europe
- 22 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 23 Mobile Phone Users Cut International telephone charges
- 24 Airport transfer from Sorrento to Naples
- 25 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!