After a lengthy illness, my doctor has prescribed a month of complete rest. I would like to spend it in Scotland in October-November, in quiet, comfortable and hospitable surroundings where I could walk about to my heart's content. I might consider an occasional day excursion by rail. I will be travelling alone, and although I will require a fair amount of quiet time to just read and relax by the hearth with a wee dram, I would also enjoy meeting other travellers as well the locals. NO shopping or touristy things. I want to settle in. Therefore, good food is a must. Suggestions would be gratefully received.
Health Recovery in Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 2 Coffee in Naples
- 3 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 4 A Sardinia trip report
- 5 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 6 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 7 First time Ireland trip
- 8 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 9 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 10 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 11 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 15 Granada
- 16 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 17 22 year olds in Europe
- 18 Eastern Europe
- 19 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 20 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 21 Azores
- 22 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 23 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 24 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 25 4 weeks in the UK