After a lengthy illness, my doctor has prescribed a month of complete rest. I would like to spend it in Scotland in October-November, in quiet, comfortable and hospitable surroundings where I could walk about to my heart's content. I might consider an occasional day excursion by rail. I will be travelling alone, and although I will require a fair amount of quiet time to just read and relax by the hearth with a wee dram, I would also enjoy meeting other travellers as well the locals. NO shopping or touristy things. I want to settle in. Therefore, good food is a must. Suggestions would be gratefully received.
Health Recovery in Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 2 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 3 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 4 UK for 12 days !
- 5 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 6 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 9 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 10 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 11 Italy and Croatia 28 days
- 12 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 13 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 14 Vienne or Lyon and then onward to Nice
- 15 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 16 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 17 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 18 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 19 Travel with Teens
- 20 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 21 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 22 Snowboarding in Poland
- 23 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 24 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 25 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice