FIrst things first:
We've been to Switzerland twice before. We will be there from April 11-18th. We have divided our bases into 4 days in Bern and 3 in Lucerne. We've been to both of these cities before. Will have a Swiss Pass.
We know that it's just past skiing season and some cable cars will be out of service. However, we still want to go up into the mountains and hopefully take some hikes. Suggestions?
Found out that the Mannlichen cable car will be out, but we can still go to Kleine Scheidigg. Hikes possible? Never been to Titlis or Pilatus. God possibilities?
Also heard these is some flower garden that gets thousands of flowers planted and could be flowering when we're there. It's somewhere along the Lake Geneva area. OK, I'm being very vague, I know. Sorry, but does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Any other suggestions for day trips?
Going to Switzerland mid-April - What to do?
FIrst things first:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 2 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 3 Southern Spain
- 4 5 Observations About Paris
- 5 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 6 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 7 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 8 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 9 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 10 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 11 Scotland November 2015
- 12 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 13 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 14 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 15 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 16 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 17 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 18 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 19 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 20 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 21 Museums in Berlin
- 22 Schengen Visa Rules
- 23 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 24 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 25 Sono arrivato a Venezia