Things are heating up as usual between Spain and British-owned (but locally autonomous) Gibraltar and now Madrid is considering a 50 euro fee to just enter this backwater that Spain claims should be its territory and not Britain's.
So if thinking of Gibraltar you may not only have to pay to enter but also go through long waits at Customs to leave as Spanish authorities, the article says, are meticulously searching leaving folks for cigarettes and tobacco - which are much cheaper on the Rock than just across the frontier in Spain - see the astounding number of cigarettes imported into Gibraltar - enough to have every man woman and child puffing constantly day and night.
Gibraltar is one of the very most fascinating places I have been but I'm not sure I would have forked over 50 euros to see this few-square mile of Rock - though the tail-less apes may make it all worthwhile!
Gibraltar - 50 Euros to Enter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 2 Reims for a day
- 3 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 4 itinerary help
- 5 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 6 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 7 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 8 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 9 Toulouse and beyond -
- 10 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 11 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 12 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 13 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 14 Scotland
- 15 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 16 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 17 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 20 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 21 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 22 Estonia Amber
- 23 7 days in Greece
- 24 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 25 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland