Things are heating up as usual between Spain and British-owned (but locally autonomous) Gibraltar and now Madrid is considering a 50 euro fee to just enter this backwater that Spain claims should be its territory and not Britain's.
So if thinking of Gibraltar you may not only have to pay to enter but also go through long waits at Customs to leave as Spanish authorities, the article says, are meticulously searching leaving folks for cigarettes and tobacco - which are much cheaper on the Rock than just across the frontier in Spain - see the astounding number of cigarettes imported into Gibraltar - enough to have every man woman and child puffing constantly day and night.
Gibraltar is one of the very most fascinating places I have been but I'm not sure I would have forked over 50 euros to see this few-square mile of Rock - though the tail-less apes may make it all worthwhile!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 2 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 3 Has anyone stayed at the Darlington Hyde Park?
- 4 Bremerhaven and environs
- 5 Edam, Volendam & Marken day trip?
- 6 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 7 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 8 Prague and Budapest
- 9 Scotland 5 day itinerary
- 10 itinerary planning apps
- 11 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 12 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 13 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 14 12-14 nights enough ?
- 15 Need help with my itinerary
- 16 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 17 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 18 Mt. Etna wakes up
- 19 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 20 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 21 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 22 Tuscany Trip
- 23 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 24 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 25 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April