Things are heating up as usual between Spain and British-owned (but locally autonomous) Gibraltar and now Madrid is considering a 50 euro fee to just enter this backwater that Spain claims should be its territory and not Britain's.
So if thinking of Gibraltar you may not only have to pay to enter but also go through long waits at Customs to leave as Spanish authorities, the article says, are meticulously searching leaving folks for cigarettes and tobacco - which are much cheaper on the Rock than just across the frontier in Spain - see the astounding number of cigarettes imported into Gibraltar - enough to have every man woman and child puffing constantly day and night.
Gibraltar is one of the very most fascinating places I have been but I'm not sure I would have forked over 50 euros to see this few-square mile of Rock - though the tail-less apes may make it all worthwhile!
Gibraltar - 50 Euros to Enter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 2 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 5 Potential trip - Balkans
- 6 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 7 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 8 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 9 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 10 Back to Provence in 2015
- 11 England in 7 days
- 12 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 13 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 14 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 15 Dordogne lodging
- 16 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 17 Rocamaxour
- 18 Dordogne markets
- 19 Hotels and public transport re: Cheltenham Spa
- 20 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 21 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 22 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 23 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 24 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 25 Best means of travel from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Budapest