My husband and I are planning our trip France for mid-July. Yes, we know it will be very crowded but we are also incorporating a couple of days in the Loire Valley because the Tour de France will be passing by Tours. Thursday, July 11th is when the cyclists will be passing by Tours and that's the main reason for our stop there. However, with us only being there for such a short time, I would like recommendations on the main chateaux to see and where we should stay in the central Loire. Wherever we stay, we would need to take a train to Tours first thing in the morning for Tour de France or stay there. As am reading my travel book, I'm having a hard time understanding how much time I should allow for each chateaux and what is the best way to get from one to the next. Thanks in advance for any of our suggestions!
France - The Loire Valley in conjunction with the Tour de France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Do Public Holidays Affect Travel and Sightseeing in France?
- 2 I Have 7 Days for a Portugal DIY
- 3 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 4 Help Me Plan My Trip
- 5 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 6 April in Madrid
- 7 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 8 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 9 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 10 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 11 Paris to Bordeaux TGV
- 12 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 13 Amsterday > Bruges
- 14 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 15 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 16 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 17 London - Off-the-Path Gems
- 18 Great restaurants in Italy
- 19 Napoli Centrale: Luggage/Storage Lockers?
- 20 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 21 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 22 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 23 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 24 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 25 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts