My husband and I are planning our trip France for mid-July. Yes, we know it will be very crowded but we are also incorporating a couple of days in the Loire Valley because the Tour de France will be passing by Tours. Thursday, July 11th is when the cyclists will be passing by Tours and that's the main reason for our stop there. However, with us only being there for such a short time, I would like recommendations on the main chateaux to see and where we should stay in the central Loire. Wherever we stay, we would need to take a train to Tours first thing in the morning for Tour de France or stay there. As am reading my travel book, I'm having a hard time understanding how much time I should allow for each chateaux and what is the best way to get from one to the next. Thanks in advance for any of our suggestions!
France - The Loire Valley in conjunction with the Tour de France
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Airbnb Launches Media blitz...with Bird Houses...
- 2 Traveling within Italy
- 3 Europe Tour Companies May/June 2014 (24 yr old & Nana)
- 4 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 5 Esperas vs. Filoterra Villas
- 6 Sad news: Le Drouot, 103 rue Richelieu, is no more
- 7 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 8 Using Plastic in Britain Now Includes Spending Pounds...
- 9 Prague to Poland
- 10 An American Solo in Paris - My itinerary (Help)
- 11 110 Taillevant Paris (Dining Room or with the Sommeliers)
- 12 Roof Collapses on London's Crowded Appollo Theatre...
- 13 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 14 Berlin (with Dresden) Trip Report
- 15 8 days in Malta - Itinerary Suggestions
- 16 3 days in Barcelona
- 17 Santorini Hotel
- 18 New Year in Lisbon, Portugal
- 19 Am I too fat too travel?
- 20 DeGaulle Airport
- 21 9 nights in Ireland
- 22 Paris-Barcelona now with the AVE high speed train
- 23 Do Cabs in Rome accept credit card for payment?
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!