My husband and I are planning our trip France for mid-July. Yes, we know it will be very crowded but we are also incorporating a couple of days in the Loire Valley because the Tour de France will be passing by Tours. Thursday, July 11th is when the cyclists will be passing by Tours and that's the main reason for our stop there. However, with us only being there for such a short time, I would like recommendations on the main chateaux to see and where we should stay in the central Loire. Wherever we stay, we would need to take a train to Tours first thing in the morning for Tour de France or stay there. As am reading my travel book, I'm having a hard time understanding how much time I should allow for each chateaux and what is the best way to get from one to the next. Thanks in advance for any of our suggestions!
France - The Loire Valley in conjunction with the Tour de France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Europe
- 2 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 5 Matisse at Tate
- 6 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 7 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 8 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 9 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 10 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 11 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 14 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 15 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 16 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 17 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 18 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 19 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 20 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 21 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 22 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 23 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 24 What to wear
- 25 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?