My husband and I are planning our trip France for mid-July. Yes, we know it will be very crowded but we are also incorporating a couple of days in the Loire Valley because the Tour de France will be passing by Tours. Thursday, July 11th is when the cyclists will be passing by Tours and that's the main reason for our stop there. However, with us only being there for such a short time, I would like recommendations on the main chateaux to see and where we should stay in the central Loire. Wherever we stay, we would need to take a train to Tours first thing in the morning for Tour de France or stay there. As am reading my travel book, I'm having a hard time understanding how much time I should allow for each chateaux and what is the best way to get from one to the next. Thanks in advance for any of our suggestions!
France - The Loire Valley in conjunction with the Tour de France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 3 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 4 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 5 Welcome
- 6 Prague - Tram #22
- 7 hotels in Seville
- 8 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 9 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 10 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 11 Day trip from London to Paris
- 12 Three days in Spain
- 13 Location of hotel in Rome
- 14 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 15 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 16 Need advice for this
- 17 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 18 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 19 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 20 one last portugal car rental question
- 21 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 22 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 23 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 24 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 25 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?