First off, thank you for reading my post and offering any advice. I love the Fodor's forums and reading about everyone's adventures.
My fiancé and I are planning a 10 or 11 day honeymoon to France at the end of June. We would like to spend time in Paris first, the smaller villages within the Alps second and then, what I am most looking forward to, Provence. I was thinking of taking the train from Paris to the Alps and then driving from there to Provence. I am really looking forward to exploring both the Alps and Provence via car. Hopefully, at the end of the trip, we can drop the car off in Provence and then take a train back to the airport near Paris.
We are not "city people," so we are fine with three nights in Paris. We operate a farm here in Delaware, so we are very much looking forward to exploring the smaller villages, farms, mountains and Southern parts of France.
Here are some questions that I would greatly appreciate feedback on:
1. If we have 3 nights in Paris, what are some must- sees?
2. Any recs for a moderately priced hotel in a good, central location in Paris?
3. The Alps- ideally, we would like to stay for 3-4 nights. I have no problem staying in two separate areas within the Alps, but probably would prefer to stay in one slightly smaller city or even better, a village, that has access to some of the area's highlights. Where shoud we stay? Any ideas of places to visit?
4. Provence. THIS is what i am looking forward to. We are looking for a b&b or smaller hotel or rental that is a great " home base" to explore some of the towns and villages within the Provence region. Any ides?
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 2 16 days in France and Italy
- 3 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 4 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 5 Lisbon
- 6 Picturesque fjord driving south west norway
- 7 Car insurance in Iceland
- 8 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 11 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 12 Scotland - We're Here!
- 13 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 14 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 15 Cappadocia in June
- 16 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 17 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 18 Krakow
- 19 Amsterdam
- 20 Travelling Iceland
- 21 Moscow Favorites
- 22 Couscous
- 23 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 24 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 25 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy