First off, thank you for reading my post and offering any advice. I love the Fodor's forums and reading about everyone's adventures.
My fiancé and I are planning a 10 or 11 day honeymoon to France at the end of June. We would like to spend time in Paris first, the smaller villages within the Alps second and then, what I am most looking forward to, Provence. I was thinking of taking the train from Paris to the Alps and then driving from there to Provence. I am really looking forward to exploring both the Alps and Provence via car. Hopefully, at the end of the trip, we can drop the car off in Provence and then take a train back to the airport near Paris.
We are not "city people," so we are fine with three nights in Paris. We operate a farm here in Delaware, so we are very much looking forward to exploring the smaller villages, farms, mountains and Southern parts of France.
Here are some questions that I would greatly appreciate feedback on:
1. If we have 3 nights in Paris, what are some must- sees?
2. Any recs for a moderately priced hotel in a good, central location in Paris?
3. The Alps- ideally, we would like to stay for 3-4 nights. I have no problem staying in two separate areas within the Alps, but probably would prefer to stay in one slightly smaller city or even better, a village, that has access to some of the area's highlights. Where shoud we stay? Any ideas of places to visit?
4. Provence. THIS is what i am looking forward to. We are looking for a b&b or smaller hotel or rental that is a great " home base" to explore some of the towns and villages within the Provence region. Any ides?
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in London
- 2 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 3 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 4 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 5 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 6 Vacation
- 7 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 8 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 9 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 12 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 13 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 14 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 20 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 21 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 22 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 23 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Day trips around Vienna