First off, thank you for reading my post and offering any advice. I love the Fodor's forums and reading about everyone's adventures.
My fiancé and I are planning a 10 or 11 day honeymoon to France at the end of June. We would like to spend time in Paris first, the smaller villages within the Alps second and then, what I am most looking forward to, Provence. I was thinking of taking the train from Paris to the Alps and then driving from there to Provence. I am really looking forward to exploring both the Alps and Provence via car. Hopefully, at the end of the trip, we can drop the car off in Provence and then take a train back to the airport near Paris.
We are not "city people," so we are fine with three nights in Paris. We operate a farm here in Delaware, so we are very much looking forward to exploring the smaller villages, farms, mountains and Southern parts of France.
Here are some questions that I would greatly appreciate feedback on:
1. If we have 3 nights in Paris, what are some must- sees?
2. Any recs for a moderately priced hotel in a good, central location in Paris?
3. The Alps- ideally, we would like to stay for 3-4 nights. I have no problem staying in two separate areas within the Alps, but probably would prefer to stay in one slightly smaller city or even better, a village, that has access to some of the area's highlights. Where shoud we stay? Any ideas of places to visit?
4. Provence. THIS is what i am looking forward to. We are looking for a b&b or smaller hotel or rental that is a great " home base" to explore some of the towns and villages within the Provence region. Any ides?
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 2 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 3 vegetarian in spain
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 Rec for carryon bag - European sized
- 6 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 7 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 8 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 9 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 10 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 11 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 12 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 13 Cordoba Overnight?
- 14 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 15 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 17 Dublin Leap Card
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 19 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 20 10 days Berner Oberland, Lake Geneva. Chamonix, yes or no
- 21 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 22 Morocco to Spain Border Crossing
- 23 2 weeks Europe trip
- 24 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 25 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help