First off, thank you for reading my post and offering any advice. I love the Fodor's forums and reading about everyone's adventures.
My fiancé and I are planning a 10 or 11 day honeymoon to France at the end of June. We would like to spend time in Paris first, the smaller villages within the Alps second and then, what I am most looking forward to, Provence. I was thinking of taking the train from Paris to the Alps and then driving from there to Provence. I am really looking forward to exploring both the Alps and Provence via car. Hopefully, at the end of the trip, we can drop the car off in Provence and then take a train back to the airport near Paris.
We are not "city people," so we are fine with three nights in Paris. We operate a farm here in Delaware, so we are very much looking forward to exploring the smaller villages, farms, mountains and Southern parts of France.
Here are some questions that I would greatly appreciate feedback on:
1. If we have 3 nights in Paris, what are some must- sees?
2. Any recs for a moderately priced hotel in a good, central location in Paris?
3. The Alps- ideally, we would like to stay for 3-4 nights. I have no problem staying in two separate areas within the Alps, but probably would prefer to stay in one slightly smaller city or even better, a village, that has access to some of the area's highlights. Where shoud we stay? Any ideas of places to visit?
4. Provence. THIS is what i am looking forward to. We are looking for a b&b or smaller hotel or rental that is a great " home base" to explore some of the towns and villages within the Provence region. Any ides?
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shoes in Scotland
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 Engadine Valley help
- 4 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 5 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 6 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 9 Naples, Italy
- 10 Ireland in April
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 13 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 14 French restaurants
- 15 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 Tuscany 6 nights
- 18 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 19 Ireland travel passport question
- 20 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 21 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 22 Planning a European Trip
- 23 France & Italy, May or June
- 24 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 25 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?