First off, thank you for reading my post and offering any advice. I love the Fodor's forums and reading about everyone's adventures.
My fiancé and I are planning a 10 or 11 day honeymoon to France at the end of June. We would like to spend time in Paris first, the smaller villages within the Alps second and then, what I am most looking forward to, Provence. I was thinking of taking the train from Paris to the Alps and then driving from there to Provence. I am really looking forward to exploring both the Alps and Provence via car. Hopefully, at the end of the trip, we can drop the car off in Provence and then take a train back to the airport near Paris.
We are not "city people," so we are fine with three nights in Paris. We operate a farm here in Delaware, so we are very much looking forward to exploring the smaller villages, farms, mountains and Southern parts of France.
Here are some questions that I would greatly appreciate feedback on:
1. If we have 3 nights in Paris, what are some must- sees?
2. Any recs for a moderately priced hotel in a good, central location in Paris?
3. The Alps- ideally, we would like to stay for 3-4 nights. I have no problem staying in two separate areas within the Alps, but probably would prefer to stay in one slightly smaller city or even better, a village, that has access to some of the area's highlights. Where shoud we stay? Any ideas of places to visit?
4. Provence. THIS is what i am looking forward to. We are looking for a b&b or smaller hotel or rental that is a great " home base" to explore some of the towns and villages within the Provence region. Any ides?
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Thinking about the Fjords
- 4 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 5 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 6 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Uber vs. TfL
- 9 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 16 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 21 Athens Help
- 22 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 23 Berlin -clubs
- 24 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 25 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland