First off, thank you for reading my post and offering any advice. I love the Fodor's forums and reading about everyone's adventures.
My fiancé and I are planning a 10 or 11 day honeymoon to France at the end of June. We would like to spend time in Paris first, the smaller villages within the Alps second and then, what I am most looking forward to, Provence. I was thinking of taking the train from Paris to the Alps and then driving from there to Provence. I am really looking forward to exploring both the Alps and Provence via car. Hopefully, at the end of the trip, we can drop the car off in Provence and then take a train back to the airport near Paris.
We are not "city people," so we are fine with three nights in Paris. We operate a farm here in Delaware, so we are very much looking forward to exploring the smaller villages, farms, mountains and Southern parts of France.
Here are some questions that I would greatly appreciate feedback on:
1. If we have 3 nights in Paris, what are some must- sees?
2. Any recs for a moderately priced hotel in a good, central location in Paris?
3. The Alps- ideally, we would like to stay for 3-4 nights. I have no problem staying in two separate areas within the Alps, but probably would prefer to stay in one slightly smaller city or even better, a village, that has access to some of the area's highlights. Where shoud we stay? Any ideas of places to visit?
4. Provence. THIS is what i am looking forward to. We are looking for a b&b or smaller hotel or rental that is a great " home base" to explore some of the towns and villages within the Provence region. Any ides?
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 3 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 Barcelona - places to stay
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 9 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 10 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 11 Christmas Markets 2017
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 14 Istanbul at Easter
- 15 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 16 Palermo Apartment
- 17 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 21 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 22 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 23 Fado in Lisbon
- 24 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 25 Switzerland for 2 weeks