While I have traveled a bit, my husband has never set foot outside of the United States. We have a chance to take 2 weeks and travel to Europe. I need some seasoned people to offer very particular advice.
My greatest interest is that my husband has the chance to see that there are places in the world where people value art and culture, where food is not just made to stuff your face, where life is savored and family is valued, where people work to live and not live to work. I want him to see cities where not everything is owned by monolithic companies, where supermarkets are less frequent than "mom & pop" stores, to taste food that is not ALWAYS made of the cheapest ingredients, to witness the fact that some of the rest of the world REALLY cares about green living. Also, I'd like him to see some natural beauty.
I think that sums it up. So.... the question is, with all this in mind, which country in Europe should I focus on to achieve this goal?
Thank you in advance.
First time outside of the United States.....Where to go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 2 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 3 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 7 Airport ATMs
- 8 American Express
- 9 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 10 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 11 Help with European vacation plan
- 12 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 13 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 14 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 15 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 16 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 17 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 18 Story of the German Christmas star
- 19 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 20 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 21 Three ferries to Mull
- 22 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 23 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples