While I have traveled a bit, my husband has never set foot outside of the United States. We have a chance to take 2 weeks and travel to Europe. I need some seasoned people to offer very particular advice.
My greatest interest is that my husband has the chance to see that there are places in the world where people value art and culture, where food is not just made to stuff your face, where life is savored and family is valued, where people work to live and not live to work. I want him to see cities where not everything is owned by monolithic companies, where supermarkets are less frequent than "mom & pop" stores, to taste food that is not ALWAYS made of the cheapest ingredients, to witness the fact that some of the rest of the world REALLY cares about green living. Also, I'd like him to see some natural beauty.
I think that sums it up. So.... the question is, with all this in mind, which country in Europe should I focus on to achieve this goal?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 2 Help with hotel choice in BRUGES please!!
- 3 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 4 Swiss Pass upgrade for a route
- 5 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 6 Where can I buy Euro night train tickets with e tickets?
- 7 Santorini
- 8 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 9 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 10 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 11 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 12 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 13 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 14 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 15 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 16 Path of the gods.
- 17 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 18 Tours start Switzerland end London
- 19 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 20 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 21 Help with Sapin and Portugal itinerary please
- 22 St. Petersburg: 5 days / Itineray questions
- 23 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 24 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 25 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye