While I have traveled a bit, my husband has never set foot outside of the United States. We have a chance to take 2 weeks and travel to Europe. I need some seasoned people to offer very particular advice.
My greatest interest is that my husband has the chance to see that there are places in the world where people value art and culture, where food is not just made to stuff your face, where life is savored and family is valued, where people work to live and not live to work. I want him to see cities where not everything is owned by monolithic companies, where supermarkets are less frequent than "mom & pop" stores, to taste food that is not ALWAYS made of the cheapest ingredients, to witness the fact that some of the rest of the world REALLY cares about green living. Also, I'd like him to see some natural beauty.
I think that sums it up. So.... the question is, with all this in mind, which country in Europe should I focus on to achieve this goal?
Thank you in advance.
First time outside of the United States.....Where to go?
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 3 Planning a holiday
- 4 Which travel plan?
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 6 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 7 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 10 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 11 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 12 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 13 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 16 Family European winter holiday
- 17 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 20 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 21 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 22 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 15 days in Europe,
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013