While I have traveled a bit, my husband has never set foot outside of the United States. We have a chance to take 2 weeks and travel to Europe. I need some seasoned people to offer very particular advice.
My greatest interest is that my husband has the chance to see that there are places in the world where people value art and culture, where food is not just made to stuff your face, where life is savored and family is valued, where people work to live and not live to work. I want him to see cities where not everything is owned by monolithic companies, where supermarkets are less frequent than "mom & pop" stores, to taste food that is not ALWAYS made of the cheapest ingredients, to witness the fact that some of the rest of the world REALLY cares about green living. Also, I'd like him to see some natural beauty.
I think that sums it up. So.... the question is, with all this in mind, which country in Europe should I focus on to achieve this goal?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 2 토토 총판 방법 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 3 Another Question re Scotland
- 4 Transportation and things to do around Malta from the Westin Dragona?
- 5 Accommodation Goze and Ostia Antic
- 6 Charming areas to explore in London
- 7 토토총판 노하우 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 8 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 9 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Tattoos in Italy
- 12 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 13 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 14 Place to stay
- 15 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 16 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 17 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 18 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 19 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 20 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 21 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 22 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 23 2 weeks from southern italy
- 24 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 25 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria