While I have traveled a bit, my husband has never set foot outside of the United States. We have a chance to take 2 weeks and travel to Europe. I need some seasoned people to offer very particular advice.
My greatest interest is that my husband has the chance to see that there are places in the world where people value art and culture, where food is not just made to stuff your face, where life is savored and family is valued, where people work to live and not live to work. I want him to see cities where not everything is owned by monolithic companies, where supermarkets are less frequent than "mom & pop" stores, to taste food that is not ALWAYS made of the cheapest ingredients, to witness the fact that some of the rest of the world REALLY cares about green living. Also, I'd like him to see some natural beauty.
I think that sums it up. So.... the question is, with all this in mind, which country in Europe should I focus on to achieve this goal?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to venice
- 2 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 3 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 6 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 7 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 8 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 10 help with Italy itinerary
- 11 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 12 Praiano
- 13 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 14 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 15 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 16 Chamonix to Paris
- 17 Rome-Itinerary
- 18 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 19 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 20 Scotland and London 21 days
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 23 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 24 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 25 Ireland itinerary help please