While I have traveled a bit, my husband has never set foot outside of the United States. We have a chance to take 2 weeks and travel to Europe. I need some seasoned people to offer very particular advice.
My greatest interest is that my husband has the chance to see that there are places in the world where people value art and culture, where food is not just made to stuff your face, where life is savored and family is valued, where people work to live and not live to work. I want him to see cities where not everything is owned by monolithic companies, where supermarkets are less frequent than "mom & pop" stores, to taste food that is not ALWAYS made of the cheapest ingredients, to witness the fact that some of the rest of the world REALLY cares about green living. Also, I'd like him to see some natural beauty.
I think that sums it up. So.... the question is, with all this in mind, which country in Europe should I focus on to achieve this goal?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel WiFi - France
- 2 Iceland Trip report
- 3 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 4 What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa
- 5 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 6 Seville in late January
- 7 Gelato course in Rome?
- 8 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 9 Frankfurt Airport Rail Connection
- 10 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 11 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 12 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 13 My 3 Week Home Exchange in Iceland
- 14 Vineyard stay in Tuscany
- 15 Limo from Heathrow
- 16 3 days to spend in europe
- 17 Please suggest best itinerary
- 18 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 19 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 20 Berlin restaurant recs
- 21 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 22 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 23 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 24 12 days europe
- 25 Renting bed linens and towels