While I have traveled a bit, my husband has never set foot outside of the United States. We have a chance to take 2 weeks and travel to Europe. I need some seasoned people to offer very particular advice.
My greatest interest is that my husband has the chance to see that there are places in the world where people value art and culture, where food is not just made to stuff your face, where life is savored and family is valued, where people work to live and not live to work. I want him to see cities where not everything is owned by monolithic companies, where supermarkets are less frequent than "mom & pop" stores, to taste food that is not ALWAYS made of the cheapest ingredients, to witness the fact that some of the rest of the world REALLY cares about green living. Also, I'd like him to see some natural beauty.
I think that sums it up. So.... the question is, with all this in mind, which country in Europe should I focus on to achieve this goal?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 2 Tips for 2 week travel in Europe of college students
- 3 Choosing cruise excursion activities on Italy stops with kids
- 4 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 5 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 6 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 7 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 8 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 9 spanish winery region(s)
- 10 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 11 Best places for 21 day family vacay w/ 5 year old?
- 12 Schengen visa
- 13 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 14 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 15 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 16 December in Deutschland
- 17 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 18 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 19 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 20 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 21 where to stay in Malta
- 22 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 23 3 Wake-up calls
- 24 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday
- 25 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal