While I have traveled a bit, my husband has never set foot outside of the United States. We have a chance to take 2 weeks and travel to Europe. I need some seasoned people to offer very particular advice.
My greatest interest is that my husband has the chance to see that there are places in the world where people value art and culture, where food is not just made to stuff your face, where life is savored and family is valued, where people work to live and not live to work. I want him to see cities where not everything is owned by monolithic companies, where supermarkets are less frequent than "mom & pop" stores, to taste food that is not ALWAYS made of the cheapest ingredients, to witness the fact that some of the rest of the world REALLY cares about green living. Also, I'd like him to see some natural beauty.
I think that sums it up. So.... the question is, with all this in mind, which country in Europe should I focus on to achieve this goal?
Thank you in advance.
First time outside of the United States.....Where to go?
- 1 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 2 15 days in Europe,
- 3 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 4 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 5 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 6 Advises for trip to Russia
- 7 Europe with young teens
- 8 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 9 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 10 Planning a holiday
- 11 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Gogartys, Dublin
- 14 Prague - must see
- 15 Sicily 10 days
- 16 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 17 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 18 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 19 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 20 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 21 Portugal in September
- 22 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 23 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 24 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia