I would be grateful for any feedback people can give me on my planned first trip to Germany.
I will be going with my wife and by then 1 year old, from May 2-May 14 next year. I know it is far away but I like to plan my vacations pretty far in advance.
The plan I have so far is as follows.
Arrive in Munich May 3 then stay in Munich until the 7th.
In Munich we plan on seeing one of the 2 palaces, Olympia park, BMW museum, some churches, Dachau, the English Gardens and the main downtown area.
May 8 - Day trip to Fussen to see Neuschwanstein and Linderhof then drive to Ulm and stay the night.
May 9 - Visit the Cathedral in Ulm and then drive to Rothenburg and go on night watchman tour and stay the night in Rothenburg.
May 10 - tour Rothenburg then drive to Munich and stay the night.
May 11-13 - drive to Salzburg and stay two nights there. We would like to go on Sound of Music Tour, go to a castle or two, go to lake Königssee to take a boat ride, and go to the Eagle's nest.
Then drive back to Munich the 13th in the evening, stay the night in Munich and then go to the airport the morning of the 14th.
We will be getting a rental car from the 8-14, other wise we will just use public transportation in Munich.
I would appreciate any feedback on other things that are "must-sees", whether I have packed too much in with too little time, or other helpful insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Canon PRINTER##1-888-279-0246@@@ Canon Printer Tec*hnical Supp0rt Ph0ne/?/
- 2 Renting a car in Greece
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 6 renting a car in greece
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 9 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 10 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 11 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 12 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 15 retruning to US with souveniers
- 16 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 17 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 18 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 19 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 20 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 21 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 22 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Help on ancient history route
- 25 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights