I would be grateful for any feedback people can give me on my planned first trip to Germany.
I will be going with my wife and by then 1 year old, from May 2-May 14 next year. I know it is far away but I like to plan my vacations pretty far in advance.
The plan I have so far is as follows.
Arrive in Munich May 3 then stay in Munich until the 7th.
In Munich we plan on seeing one of the 2 palaces, Olympia park, BMW museum, some churches, Dachau, the English Gardens and the main downtown area.
May 8 - Day trip to Fussen to see Neuschwanstein and Linderhof then drive to Ulm and stay the night.
May 9 - Visit the Cathedral in Ulm and then drive to Rothenburg and go on night watchman tour and stay the night in Rothenburg.
May 10 - tour Rothenburg then drive to Munich and stay the night.
May 11-13 - drive to Salzburg and stay two nights there. We would like to go on Sound of Music Tour, go to a castle or two, go to lake Königssee to take a boat ride, and go to the Eagle's nest.
Then drive back to Munich the 13th in the evening, stay the night in Munich and then go to the airport the morning of the 14th.
We will be getting a rental car from the 8-14, other wise we will just use public transportation in Munich.
I would appreciate any feedback on other things that are "must-sees", whether I have packed too much in with too little time, or other helpful insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 2 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 3 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 4 Azores
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 8 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 9 Sundays in Puglia
- 10 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 11 Prague
- 12 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 13 2 Months in Sicily
- 14 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 15 What tips can you give about packing?
- 16 Sim Card Options
- 17 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 18 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 19 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 20 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 21 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 22 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 25 Scotland in 7 Days