I would be grateful for any feedback people can give me on my planned first trip to Germany.
I will be going with my wife and by then 1 year old, from May 2-May 14 next year. I know it is far away but I like to plan my vacations pretty far in advance.
The plan I have so far is as follows.
Arrive in Munich May 3 then stay in Munich until the 7th.
In Munich we plan on seeing one of the 2 palaces, Olympia park, BMW museum, some churches, Dachau, the English Gardens and the main downtown area.
May 8 - Day trip to Fussen to see Neuschwanstein and Linderhof then drive to Ulm and stay the night.
May 9 - Visit the Cathedral in Ulm and then drive to Rothenburg and go on night watchman tour and stay the night in Rothenburg.
May 10 - tour Rothenburg then drive to Munich and stay the night.
May 11-13 - drive to Salzburg and stay two nights there. We would like to go on Sound of Music Tour, go to a castle or two, go to lake Königssee to take a boat ride, and go to the Eagle's nest.
Then drive back to Munich the 13th in the evening, stay the night in Munich and then go to the airport the morning of the 14th.
We will be getting a rental car from the 8-14, other wise we will just use public transportation in Munich.
I would appreciate any feedback on other things that are "must-sees", whether I have packed too much in with too little time, or other helpful insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Planning A trip
- 7 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 10 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 11 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 12 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 13 Castle Stays in Wales
- 14 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 15 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 18 Can parking
- 19 italy Cinque Terre
- 20 San Sebastián
- 21 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 22 Zurich to Milan trip
- 23 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia