I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 2 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 3 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 4 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 5 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 6 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 7 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Naples to Pompeii
- 10 Amsterdam and ?????
- 11 St Petersberg/Moscow/Prague
- 12 apartments florence
- 13 Ireland ToDo
- 14 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 15 Amsterdam vs. France
- 16 To europe this Aug
- 17 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 18 I'm back.....
- 19 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 20 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 21 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 22 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?
- 23 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 24 6 Aussies escape to France - Paris, Provence & Dordogne
- 25 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?