I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 2 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 3 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 4 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 5 3 days to spend in europe
- 6 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 7 Do some cities lose their appeal after a repeat visit?
- 8 Beaches in Southern France
- 9 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 10 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 11 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 12 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 13 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 14 Spain Itinerary Help
- 15 Iceland Waterfall Advice
- 16 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 17 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 18 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 19 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 20 cell phone companys
- 21 italy itinerary
- 22 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 23 Rome Rental Car
- 24 3 days with a Swindon base
- 25 Italy for the first time