I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 2 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 5 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Brief trip report Naples
- 8 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 9 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 10 Advices about our itiniary
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 13 Private transportation
- 14 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 15 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 16 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 17 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 18 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 19 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 20 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 21 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 22 Global Travel Warning...
- 23 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 24 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 25 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France