I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Covent Garden Flat Rental Advice Please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 2 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 3 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 4 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 5 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Moving to Belfast
- 8 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 Rome---August and September
- 11 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 12 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 13 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 14 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 15 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 16 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 17 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 18 4-6 weeks
- 19 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 20 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 23 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 24 Dresden or Leipzig
- 25 Zurich to Basel transfer