I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid food advice needed
- 2 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 3 One July night in Verona - help!
- 4 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 5 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 6 Couscous
- 7 16 days in France and Italy
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 Avoid Europcar!
- 10 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 11 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 12 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 13 Scotland - We're Here!
- 14 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 15 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 16 Paris for children
- 17 European Vacation 2017
- 18 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 19 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 20 Naples + Walking Tour
- 21 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 22 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 23 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 24 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 25 London in September