I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Covent Garden Flat Rental Advice Please!
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 Place to propose
- 3 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 4 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 5 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 6 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 7 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 10 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 11 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 12 Venice in Jan
- 13 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 14 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 15 Prague Main Train Station
- 16 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 17 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 18 Car rental - Orvieto or Rome
- 19 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 20 Best private transfer from Civitacchia port to rome airport
- 21 Itinerary Questions
- 22 5 days to see Granada - Seville?
- 23 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 24 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 25 Frankfurt Macarons