I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 2 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 3 Which Hotel in Rome
- 4 Alitala
- 5 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 6 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 7 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 8 Stu Tower
- 9 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 10 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 11 SE ITALY
- 12 renting
- 13 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 14 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 15 6 Days in Italy
- 16 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 17 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 18 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 19 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 20 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 23 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 24 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 25 Shuttle from CDG into Paris