I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LONDON - New Years Eve
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Budapest in December 2017
- 7 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 8 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 9 Trek through Eur
- 10 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 11 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 12 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 13 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 16 Roma Pass
- 17 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 18 Amsterdam hotels
- 19 Denmark or Sweden?
- 20 Europe itinerary questions
- 21 London Hotels
- 22 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 23 We're here!
- 24 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 25 Norway, Sweden, Denmark