I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Covent Garden Flat Rental Advice Please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 5 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 6 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Travel with Teens
- 9 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 10 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 11 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 12 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 13 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 14 Reims for a day
- 15 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 16 I think this is a scam!
- 17 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 18 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 19 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 20 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 21 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 22 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 23 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 24 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 25 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?