I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Covent Garden Flat Rental Advice Please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como transportation questions
- 2 How to split 21 days between moscow and saint petersburg
- 3 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 Budget family trip to Europe
- 6 5 Observations About Paris
- 7 malaga to madrid train ?
- 8 Portugal in January
- 9 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 10 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 11 By train to and out of Prague
- 12 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 13 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 14 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 15 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 16 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 17 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 18 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 19 Berlin
- 20 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 21 Guidebook for Iceland
- 22 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 23 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 24 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 25 Airport ATMs