I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 2 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 3 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 7 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 8 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 9 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 12 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 French immersion courses in France
- 15 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 16 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 17 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 18 Italy in a week
- 19 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 23 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 24 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 25 Switzerland part of 3-week trip