Some of us American women from Monterosso al Mare have started an English version of the town website/blog to keep tourists and travelers updated with what's going on in the recovery of the village and the area after the flash floods of October 25th that heavily damaged the area. The spirit of the community has been incredible, along with the amount of progress that has been made. The New Town will be almost completely back to normal in a few months, and even in the Old Town, which was heavily damaged, most places are planning on being open and ready for tourist season by Easter 2012. The National Park, as well, has outlined plans to have the majority of the hiking trails open by Easter as well.
The site is www.rebuildmonterosso.com and it contains information about donating as well as news and pictures as we rebuild.
Also, Vernazza has the same, savevernazza.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of this area as we recover from a disaster that proved just how strong the spirit of these little towns is.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels near Roma Termini
- 2 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 3 Is there tourism for Fitland Hotel Langedijk? Survey
- 4 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 5 Amalfi coast 8 days with 4 yr old
- 6 Need hotel recs for Munich and SOM country
- 7 Italy Trip - 2 Weeks
- 8 Bath or Exeter
- 9 air conditioning
- 10 Any recent visitors to Aran Sweater Market Inis Mor Island, Ireland?
- 11 Switzerland - altitude sickness question.
- 12 Have you been to the Ferrari Museum in Italy
- 13 Perigord Noir-not a good fit for us
- 14 Our Paris plans
- 15 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 16 1st time in Europe - need help
- 17 Ostuni favourites
- 18 Dubrovnik City Wall Walk - Hours?
- 19 Strasbourg or Obernai?
- 20 Help with an itinerary that centers on Crete?
- 21 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 22 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 23 Barcelona Itinerary
- 24 train connections in the UK
- 25 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2