Some of us American women from Monterosso al Mare have started an English version of the town website/blog to keep tourists and travelers updated with what's going on in the recovery of the village and the area after the flash floods of October 25th that heavily damaged the area. The spirit of the community has been incredible, along with the amount of progress that has been made. The New Town will be almost completely back to normal in a few months, and even in the Old Town, which was heavily damaged, most places are planning on being open and ready for tourist season by Easter 2012. The National Park, as well, has outlined plans to have the majority of the hiking trails open by Easter as well.
The site is www.rebuildmonterosso.com and it contains information about donating as well as news and pictures as we rebuild.
Also, Vernazza has the same, savevernazza.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of this area as we recover from a disaster that proved just how strong the spirit of these little towns is.
Cinque Terre, Italy Updates
- 1 Rome Accommodation
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 4 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 11 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 12 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 13 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 14 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 15 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 16 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 17 Greek islands from Turkey
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 20 rent car / Munich
- 21 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Italian Lakes gardens
- 24 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 25 TGV and Provence questions