Some of us American women from Monterosso al Mare have started an English version of the town website/blog to keep tourists and travelers updated with what's going on in the recovery of the village and the area after the flash floods of October 25th that heavily damaged the area. The spirit of the community has been incredible, along with the amount of progress that has been made. The New Town will be almost completely back to normal in a few months, and even in the Old Town, which was heavily damaged, most places are planning on being open and ready for tourist season by Easter 2012. The National Park, as well, has outlined plans to have the majority of the hiking trails open by Easter as well.
The site is www.rebuildmonterosso.com and it contains information about donating as well as news and pictures as we rebuild.
Also, Vernazza has the same, savevernazza.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of this area as we recover from a disaster that proved just how strong the spirit of these little towns is.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como,Italy
- 2 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Help with tips in UK
- 5 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 6 The DCC scam is spreading
- 7 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 8 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 9 Rome Water Shortage
- 10 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Valencia Spain
- 13 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 14 Schengen question....confirmation needed
- 15 Any downside when booking codeshare flights?
- 16 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 17 Porto in January
- 18 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 19 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 20 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 21 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 22 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 23 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 24 Vienna to Budapest via Bratislava stopover
- 25 Language to use in Belgium