Some of us American women from Monterosso al Mare have started an English version of the town website/blog to keep tourists and travelers updated with what's going on in the recovery of the village and the area after the flash floods of October 25th that heavily damaged the area. The spirit of the community has been incredible, along with the amount of progress that has been made. The New Town will be almost completely back to normal in a few months, and even in the Old Town, which was heavily damaged, most places are planning on being open and ready for tourist season by Easter 2012. The National Park, as well, has outlined plans to have the majority of the hiking trails open by Easter as well.
The site is www.rebuildmonterosso.com and it contains information about donating as well as news and pictures as we rebuild.
Also, Vernazza has the same, savevernazza.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of this area as we recover from a disaster that proved just how strong the spirit of these little towns is.
Cinque Terre, Italy Updates
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 malaga to madrid train ?
- 2 By train to and out of Prague
- 3 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 4 How to split 21 days between moscow and saint petersburg
- 5 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 6 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 7 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 8 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 9 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 10 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 11 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 12 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 13 Budget family trip to Europe
- 14 Berlin
- 15 5 Observations About Paris
- 16 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 17 Guidebook for Iceland
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 20 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 21 Airport ATMs
- 22 visa question
- 23 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 24 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 25 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR