Some of us American women from Monterosso al Mare have started an English version of the town website/blog to keep tourists and travelers updated with what's going on in the recovery of the village and the area after the flash floods of October 25th that heavily damaged the area. The spirit of the community has been incredible, along with the amount of progress that has been made. The New Town will be almost completely back to normal in a few months, and even in the Old Town, which was heavily damaged, most places are planning on being open and ready for tourist season by Easter 2012. The National Park, as well, has outlined plans to have the majority of the hiking trails open by Easter as well.
The site is www.rebuildmonterosso.com and it contains information about donating as well as news and pictures as we rebuild.
Also, Vernazza has the same, savevernazza.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of this area as we recover from a disaster that proved just how strong the spirit of these little towns is.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 This is Why I Will Always Travel Solo From Now: Trip Report -Rome and Sorrento
- 2 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 3 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 4 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 5 My summer in Paris
- 6 Round trip to Bergen question
- 7 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 8 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 9 Budapest tour questions
- 10 Florence Airport Car Rental Return - Recent Experiences?
- 11 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 12 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 13 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 14 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 15 Italy - Puglia Help please
- 16 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 17 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 18 Late October Trip in France
- 19 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 20 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 21 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 22 Euro railways
- 23 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 24 Traveling to Northern Italy
- 25 May or September?