Some of us American women from Monterosso al Mare have started an English version of the town website/blog to keep tourists and travelers updated with what's going on in the recovery of the village and the area after the flash floods of October 25th that heavily damaged the area. The spirit of the community has been incredible, along with the amount of progress that has been made. The New Town will be almost completely back to normal in a few months, and even in the Old Town, which was heavily damaged, most places are planning on being open and ready for tourist season by Easter 2012. The National Park, as well, has outlined plans to have the majority of the hiking trails open by Easter as well.
The site is www.rebuildmonterosso.com and it contains information about donating as well as news and pictures as we rebuild.
Also, Vernazza has the same, savevernazza.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of this area as we recover from a disaster that proved just how strong the spirit of these little towns is.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 릴게임안전한곳 ▣ 홈피:≫pts17.com≪
- 2 릴게임종류 ▶ 홈피:≫pts17.com≪
- 3 릴게임 ▶ 홈피:≫pts17.com≪
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 6 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 7 10 days in Paris and......
- 8 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 9 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 10 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 11 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 12 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 13 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 14 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 19 Budapest & Prague
- 20 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 21 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 driving from ancona to rome
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Malaga City Center Hotels