Some of us American women from Monterosso al Mare have started an English version of the town website/blog to keep tourists and travelers updated with what's going on in the recovery of the village and the area after the flash floods of October 25th that heavily damaged the area. The spirit of the community has been incredible, along with the amount of progress that has been made. The New Town will be almost completely back to normal in a few months, and even in the Old Town, which was heavily damaged, most places are planning on being open and ready for tourist season by Easter 2012. The National Park, as well, has outlined plans to have the majority of the hiking trails open by Easter as well.
The site is www.rebuildmonterosso.com and it contains information about donating as well as news and pictures as we rebuild.
Also, Vernazza has the same, savevernazza.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of this area as we recover from a disaster that proved just how strong the spirit of these little towns is.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 2 Vacation
- 3 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 4 Walking itinerary in England?
- 5 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 6 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 7 Dog friendly hotels
- 8 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 9 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 10 Cambridge in May
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 14 No Periods in British Written English!
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 17 Madrid/Lisbon
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 21 Day trips around Vienna
- 22 Greek fuel cost
- 23 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 24 Killarney
- 25 First time in Bulgaria