Some of us American women from Monterosso al Mare have started an English version of the town website/blog to keep tourists and travelers updated with what's going on in the recovery of the village and the area after the flash floods of October 25th that heavily damaged the area. The spirit of the community has been incredible, along with the amount of progress that has been made. The New Town will be almost completely back to normal in a few months, and even in the Old Town, which was heavily damaged, most places are planning on being open and ready for tourist season by Easter 2012. The National Park, as well, has outlined plans to have the majority of the hiking trails open by Easter as well.
The site is www.rebuildmonterosso.com and it contains information about donating as well as news and pictures as we rebuild.
Also, Vernazza has the same, savevernazza.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of this area as we recover from a disaster that proved just how strong the spirit of these little towns is.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 3 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 4 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 Juangfrau / mt
- 8 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Switzerland
- 11 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 12 Questions about Polish sights
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 Italy
- 19 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 20 Revised itinerary for italy
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 Biarritz family holiday
- 24 Lisbon hotel
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice