Some of us American women from Monterosso al Mare have started an English version of the town website/blog to keep tourists and travelers updated with what's going on in the recovery of the village and the area after the flash floods of October 25th that heavily damaged the area. The spirit of the community has been incredible, along with the amount of progress that has been made. The New Town will be almost completely back to normal in a few months, and even in the Old Town, which was heavily damaged, most places are planning on being open and ready for tourist season by Easter 2012. The National Park, as well, has outlined plans to have the majority of the hiking trails open by Easter as well.
The site is www.rebuildmonterosso.com and it contains information about donating as well as news and pictures as we rebuild.
Also, Vernazza has the same, savevernazza.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of this area as we recover from a disaster that proved just how strong the spirit of these little towns is.
Cinque Terre, Italy Updates
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 2 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 3 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 4 Ste Remy France
- 5 bath or york
- 6 car rental info
- 7 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 8 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 9 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 12 A drive in Europe
- 13 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 14 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 15 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 16 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 17 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 18 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 19 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 20 London tube
- 21 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 22 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 25 Local Tour in Provence?