Some of us American women from Monterosso al Mare have started an English version of the town website/blog to keep tourists and travelers updated with what's going on in the recovery of the village and the area after the flash floods of October 25th that heavily damaged the area. The spirit of the community has been incredible, along with the amount of progress that has been made. The New Town will be almost completely back to normal in a few months, and even in the Old Town, which was heavily damaged, most places are planning on being open and ready for tourist season by Easter 2012. The National Park, as well, has outlined plans to have the majority of the hiking trails open by Easter as well.
The site is www.rebuildmonterosso.com and it contains information about donating as well as news and pictures as we rebuild.
Also, Vernazza has the same, savevernazza.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of this area as we recover from a disaster that proved just how strong the spirit of these little towns is.
Cinque Terre, Italy Updates
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 4 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 5 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 6 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 7 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 8 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 9 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 10 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 11 Airport to Piraeus
- 12 Train to Airport in Venice
- 13 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 14 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 15 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 16 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 17 Questions for my German friends
- 18 Chip but no PIN
- 19 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 20 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 21 Foie gras, redux
- 22 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 23 Dublin Tour Companies
- 24 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 25 Day trips from Seville