My family of 4 (two elementary school age kids) is planning a trip to Europe this Christmas. This is going to be our first winter trip to the Europe so I am having a hard time deciding where to go. Originally we were thinking of spending all our time exploring Scandivanian countries but then decided against that thinking limited sunlight and cold may not work so well with the kids.
We are planning to spend first two nights in Stockholm. From there, we will take a flight or drive to someplace else. It would be great if we get to see Christmas markets and decorations but not sure if it's possible if we start around dec 24.
Top contenders right now are prague+vienna and south France, but open to all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DVD burning software
- 2 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 3 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 4 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 5 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 6 Train travel
- 7 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 8 WWI Battlefields
- 9 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 10 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 11 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 12 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 13 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 14 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 15 Iceland 3 day layover
- 16 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 17 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 20 Milos beach stay
- 21 Paris to Bordeaux
- 22 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 23 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 24 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 25 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
christmas itinerary suggestions - 10 days starting in stockholm