My family of 4 (two elementary school age kids) is planning a trip to Europe this Christmas. This is going to be our first winter trip to the Europe so I am having a hard time deciding where to go. Originally we were thinking of spending all our time exploring Scandivanian countries but then decided against that thinking limited sunlight and cold may not work so well with the kids.
We are planning to spend first two nights in Stockholm. From there, we will take a flight or drive to someplace else. It would be great if we get to see Christmas markets and decorations but not sure if it's possible if we start around dec 24.
Top contenders right now are prague+vienna and south France, but open to all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 2 Lisbon - a few tips
- 3 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 4 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 5 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 6 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 Avoid Europcar!
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 11 Scotland - We're Here!
- 12 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 13 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 14 European Vacation 2017
- 15 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 16 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 17 Need help in completing trip details
- 18 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 19 Which area to stay in London
- 20 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 21 Madrid food advice needed
- 22 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 23 Split to Hvar
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
christmas itinerary suggestions - 10 days starting in stockholm