Now for next year, our best friends are considering spending 1 of the 3 wks we will be in Paris. They will have their 5 yr old in tow. Another couple friend may also join us for another one of the weeks ( no children in tow). This will be in June 2012.
He is a very small 5 yr old and so sleeping on the couch or fold out bed is not a worry.
We are renting from Guest Apartment Services in about 2 weeks and found a 2 bdm for next year, the Gloriosa, from them that's perfect in every way: price, location, size, decor, air conditioning, elevator, high floor apt, except that there is no real accomodations for the 5 yr old as the couch is not a pull out and they do not provide a cot for children over 2. Fair enough, it's their policy which I can totally respect. They asked me to look at their apts that are suitable for 5 or more.
So while I am completely enthralled by Guest Apartment Services, I am having trouble with their apartments suitable for adding the 5 yr old. I do like the Lavande apt, and love the Marais, but not sure about the upper Marais. I was hoping for this couple who have not been to Paris the chance to stay closer to the Seine and the second couple have only been to Paris once for 4 days. We all get along swimmingly by the way and have traveled together many times.
Here are the Lavande and Gloriosa apts.
Anyway, getting to my point about Paris Perfect. So I jumped on their site again, this time looking at the 2 bdms. I saw a few that fit our needs except I see that alot of the 2nd bedrooms mostly have twin beds. Does anyone know this answer: Can they be converted to 1 bed? I called them and left a msg detailing what I am looking for with the concern of the twin bed situation and I am awaiting a return call. I did not see anything mentioned on their website, but I could be missing it. In the meantime, I thought I would just ask all of you. We want it so our couples can sleep in one bed and the 5 yr old can sleep on a convertible. We will take the master bedroom for ourselves in any apt we choose and our friends know this. We for sure need 2 bathrooms, that is a must I cannot compromise on.
Any thoughts are most appreciated. We are trying to stick to a 3100E or less budget per week and will split that between both our couple friends for each of the 1 wk stay they are coming for and perhaps the third week, my niece might come or we will just have the apt to ourselves; DH and I. The bigger the better on the apt so we don't feel we are top of each other. We loved it that the Gloriosa was 1200 sq ft!
Thanks a mil....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 days in France and Italy
- 2 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 3 Itinery help Crete
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Lisbon - a few tips
- 6 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 7 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 8 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 9 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 10 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 11 Avoid Europcar!
- 12 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 13 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 14 Scotland - We're Here!
- 15 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 16 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 17 European Vacation 2017
- 18 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 19 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 20 Need help in completing trip details
- 21 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 22 Which area to stay in London
- 23 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 24 Madrid food advice needed
- 25 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
Can the 2 bdm Paris Perfect apts convert twin beds in 2nd bdm to one bed?