Now for next year, our best friends are considering spending 1 of the 3 wks we will be in Paris. They will have their 5 yr old in tow. Another couple friend may also join us for another one of the weeks ( no children in tow). This will be in June 2012.
He is a very small 5 yr old and so sleeping on the couch or fold out bed is not a worry.
We are renting from Guest Apartment Services in about 2 weeks and found a 2 bdm for next year, the Gloriosa, from them that's perfect in every way: price, location, size, decor, air conditioning, elevator, high floor apt, except that there is no real accomodations for the 5 yr old as the couch is not a pull out and they do not provide a cot for children over 2. Fair enough, it's their policy which I can totally respect. They asked me to look at their apts that are suitable for 5 or more.
So while I am completely enthralled by Guest Apartment Services, I am having trouble with their apartments suitable for adding the 5 yr old. I do like the Lavande apt, and love the Marais, but not sure about the upper Marais. I was hoping for this couple who have not been to Paris the chance to stay closer to the Seine and the second couple have only been to Paris once for 4 days. We all get along swimmingly by the way and have traveled together many times.
Here are the Lavande and Gloriosa apts.
Anyway, getting to my point about Paris Perfect. So I jumped on their site again, this time looking at the 2 bdms. I saw a few that fit our needs except I see that alot of the 2nd bedrooms mostly have twin beds. Does anyone know this answer: Can they be converted to 1 bed? I called them and left a msg detailing what I am looking for with the concern of the twin bed situation and I am awaiting a return call. I did not see anything mentioned on their website, but I could be missing it. In the meantime, I thought I would just ask all of you. We want it so our couples can sleep in one bed and the 5 yr old can sleep on a convertible. We will take the master bedroom for ourselves in any apt we choose and our friends know this. We for sure need 2 bathrooms, that is a must I cannot compromise on.
Any thoughts are most appreciated. We are trying to stick to a 3100E or less budget per week and will split that between both our couple friends for each of the 1 wk stay they are coming for and perhaps the third week, my niece might come or we will just have the apt to ourselves; DH and I. The bigger the better on the apt so we don't feel we are top of each other. We loved it that the Gloriosa was 1200 sq ft!
Thanks a mil....
Can the 2 bdm Paris Perfect apts convert twin beds in 2nd bdm to one bed?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 2 Tickets for Buckingham palace, tower of London, London eye - online or not?
- 3 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 4 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 5 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 6 Ireland or Scotland
- 7 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 8 R&R in Paris and a little more in the south
- 9 La Sagrada Familia
- 10 Need help with itinerary
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 12 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 13 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 14 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 15 Do I need train tix in advance
- 16 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 17 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 18 Schengen rule made easy
- 19 Best Berlin neighborhood for lodging?
- 20 Villa Borghese in Winter
- 21 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 22 Aaah...Umbria!
- 23 Sorrento Advice Please
- 24 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 25 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?