I have a chance to spend a week in either Budapest or Stockholm next Spring.
Budapest: never been on my bucket list but I've been hearing great things about it.
Stockholm, my time there (not by choice) would coincide with Eurovision 2016. The hotels are expensive. Yet the city is one I am interested to see.
Also the ease of navigation is important to me i.e. which city is more accessible by public transport or on foot. Also are the locals friendly, speak English, and how interesting is the cultural experience.
I am less into monuments and more into museums and wandering around interesting neighborhoods, also the walkability of a city is a big factor for me.
Food is also important.
Finally would Stockholm become unbearably crowded during the Eurovision?
Any insight is highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 One free day in Barcelona
- 4 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 5 Sicily help
- 6 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 7 Christmas markets
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 PARIS
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 November in Rome
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Whathello Paris
- 14 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 15 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 16 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 17 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 18 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Rome -- The next time around
- 21 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 London vacation rental agency
- 24 Transport for local Venice travel
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21