I have a chance to spend a week in either Budapest or Stockholm next Spring.
Budapest: never been on my bucket list but I've been hearing great things about it.
Stockholm, my time there (not by choice) would coincide with Eurovision 2016. The hotels are expensive. Yet the city is one I am interested to see.
Also the ease of navigation is important to me i.e. which city is more accessible by public transport or on foot. Also are the locals friendly, speak English, and how interesting is the cultural experience.
I am less into monuments and more into museums and wandering around interesting neighborhoods, also the walkability of a city is a big factor for me.
Food is also important.
Finally would Stockholm become unbearably crowded during the Eurovision?
Any insight is highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian lakes
- 2 Santorini lodging
- 3 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 6 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 7 Ronda Wine/biking
- 8 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 9 What do after Bernia Express?
- 10 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 11 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 12 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 15 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 16 Ischia
- 17 9 days in London
- 18 Germany family road trip help!
- 19 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 22 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 23 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 24 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 25 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour