I have a chance to spend a week in either Budapest or Stockholm next Spring.
Budapest: never been on my bucket list but I've been hearing great things about it.
Stockholm, my time there (not by choice) would coincide with Eurovision 2016. The hotels are expensive. Yet the city is one I am interested to see.
Also the ease of navigation is important to me i.e. which city is more accessible by public transport or on foot. Also are the locals friendly, speak English, and how interesting is the cultural experience.
I am less into monuments and more into museums and wandering around interesting neighborhoods, also the walkability of a city is a big factor for me.
Food is also important.
Finally would Stockholm become unbearably crowded during the Eurovision?
Any insight is highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Florence
- 2 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 3 One week in London with kids
- 4 Trip in September
- 5 Wake Up Mods
- 6 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 7 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 8 Greece and Italy Combo
- 9 Which city order makes most sense?
- 10 favorite app for converting US $$
- 11 SNCF - low price for summer
- 12 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 13 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 14 Best of Norway
- 15 a week in Lombardia
- 16 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 17 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 18 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 19 Light weight small converter?
- 20 Positano Surprise
- 21 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 22 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 23 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 24 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 25 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!