I am just trying to figure out my transportation from Pompeii to Rome on Saturday July 25. I will have come to Pompeii from Positano and after my visit will be heading to Rome. I was informed to take the Circumvesuviano train? I am wondering if this can/should be booked in advance or whether you book it once you are there? Is this a train that comes every few minutes or only a few times a day? I just don't want to find out it is sold out and have no way to Rome. Any info on train times, how to buy tickets and the cost would be great.
I am going to Hotel Forte. Any advice as to which stop to take and if further transportation is needed at that point?
Also, I am thinking of potentially hiring a private transfer from Positano to Pompeii since the quoted price seemed pretty reasonable (70 euro). Where would I keep my luggage once I arrive?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 5 France Itinerary Advice
- 6 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 15 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 16 Firt time VISA applicant
- 17 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 18 Murren to Prague
- 19 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 20 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 23 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 24 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 25 Le Marche Research Help