I am just trying to figure out my transportation from Pompeii to Rome on Saturday July 25. I will have come to Pompeii from Positano and after my visit will be heading to Rome. I was informed to take the Circumvesuviano train? I am wondering if this can/should be booked in advance or whether you book it once you are there? Is this a train that comes every few minutes or only a few times a day? I just don't want to find out it is sold out and have no way to Rome. Any info on train times, how to buy tickets and the cost would be great.
I am going to Hotel Forte. Any advice as to which stop to take and if further transportation is needed at that point?
Also, I am thinking of potentially hiring a private transfer from Positano to Pompeii since the quoted price seemed pretty reasonable (70 euro). Where would I keep my luggage once I arrive?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 B&Bs in Ireland
- 5 travel fan 220v?
- 6 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 9 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 10 Guide in Russia
- 11 WWI Battlefields
- 12 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 15 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 21 Zadar or Sibenik
- 22 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 24 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 25 Rent a Car?