I am just trying to figure out my transportation from Pompeii to Rome on Saturday July 25. I will have come to Pompeii from Positano and after my visit will be heading to Rome. I was informed to take the Circumvesuviano train? I am wondering if this can/should be booked in advance or whether you book it once you are there? Is this a train that comes every few minutes or only a few times a day? I just don't want to find out it is sold out and have no way to Rome. Any info on train times, how to buy tickets and the cost would be great.
I am going to Hotel Forte. Any advice as to which stop to take and if further transportation is needed at that point?
Also, I am thinking of potentially hiring a private transfer from Positano to Pompeii since the quoted price seemed pretty reasonable (70 euro). Where would I keep my luggage once I arrive?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Athens Help
- 5 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 17 Alitala
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 celticmoon, a quick question
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 What fresh hell is this?
- 22 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 23 Which Train Station in Venice
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 25 Greek Village