I am just trying to figure out my transportation from Pompeii to Rome on Saturday July 25. I will have come to Pompeii from Positano and after my visit will be heading to Rome. I was informed to take the Circumvesuviano train? I am wondering if this can/should be booked in advance or whether you book it once you are there? Is this a train that comes every few minutes or only a few times a day? I just don't want to find out it is sold out and have no way to Rome. Any info on train times, how to buy tickets and the cost would be great.
I am going to Hotel Forte. Any advice as to which stop to take and if further transportation is needed at that point?
Also, I am thinking of potentially hiring a private transfer from Positano to Pompeii since the quoted price seemed pretty reasonable (70 euro). Where would I keep my luggage once I arrive?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Trip
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 4 London is it worth it?
- 5 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 6 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 7 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 8 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 9 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 10 My first trip to Crete
- 11 Final advice (I think) Restaurants!
- 12 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 13 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 14 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 15 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 16 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 17 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 18 Airport Transportation
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 21 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 22 London and Normandy
- 23 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 24 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 25 Transfer from Naples Airport to Positano