Wondering if the Greece experts can give me some guidance on boats from Santorini to Crete?
We have decided to start our holiday in Santorini and will be travelling mid-August from Santorini to Crete (destination in Crete unknown at this stage but likely to be Western crete as we fly home from Chania). So I am assuming the best way to go is to take a boat from Santorini to Heraklion.
I've had a look at the websites and found that Hellenic Seaways and Sea Jets both offer daily sailings in August. Both of these are in the evening - the timing on the Sea Jets boat is better as it arrives at 18:30 in Heraklion whereas the Hellenic Seaways arrives an hour later. Given that we will then have to pick up hire car and drive to our destination, ideally I would like to arrive earlier in Heraklion.
So, my question: does anyone know if there is another ferry company that might sail to Heraklion earlier in the day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 2 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 3 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 4 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 5 What type of visa is right for me?
- 6 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 7 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 8 Budapest Hotels
- 9 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 10 4 days in switzerland
- 11 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 12 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 13 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 14 Munich
- 15 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 16 First time in France
- 17 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 18 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 19 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 20 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 21 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 22 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 23 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 24 Portugal itinerary help
- 25 First Time Solo Travel info