Wondering if the Greece experts can give me some guidance on boats from Santorini to Crete?
We have decided to start our holiday in Santorini and will be travelling mid-August from Santorini to Crete (destination in Crete unknown at this stage but likely to be Western crete as we fly home from Chania). So I am assuming the best way to go is to take a boat from Santorini to Heraklion.
I've had a look at the websites and found that Hellenic Seaways and Sea Jets both offer daily sailings in August. Both of these are in the evening - the timing on the Sea Jets boat is better as it arrives at 18:30 in Heraklion whereas the Hellenic Seaways arrives an hour later. Given that we will then have to pick up hire car and drive to our destination, ideally I would like to arrive earlier in Heraklion.
So, my question: does anyone know if there is another ferry company that might sail to Heraklion earlier in the day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 2 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 3 Train from Lille to Delft
- 4 Poland in September
- 5 Holiday in Europe
- 6 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 7 Rome for a week
- 8 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 9 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 10 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 11 Hostel Advice
- 12 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 13 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 14 First Time Europe Trip
- 15 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 16 Amalfi or Positano
- 17 trip to Italy
- 18 particularly just headquartered on the great
- 19 2 weeks in Prague
- 20 student in denmark
- 21 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 22 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 23 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 24 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 25 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler