Wondering if the Greece experts can give me some guidance on boats from Santorini to Crete?
We have decided to start our holiday in Santorini and will be travelling mid-August from Santorini to Crete (destination in Crete unknown at this stage but likely to be Western crete as we fly home from Chania). So I am assuming the best way to go is to take a boat from Santorini to Heraklion.
I've had a look at the websites and found that Hellenic Seaways and Sea Jets both offer daily sailings in August. Both of these are in the evening - the timing on the Sea Jets boat is better as it arrives at 18:30 in Heraklion whereas the Hellenic Seaways arrives an hour later. Given that we will then have to pick up hire car and drive to our destination, ideally I would like to arrive earlier in Heraklion.
So, my question: does anyone know if there is another ferry company that might sail to Heraklion earlier in the day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 2 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 3 Renting a car in Greece
- 4 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 5 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 6 Spain - day driver advice
- 7 Stuck in Paris
- 8 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 9 Greece
- 10 Ex-pats with young kids
- 11 Iceland france spain
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 Help on ancient history route
- 14 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Paris hotel
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Spanish food - not that special?
- 20 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 21 Maximizing Norway time
- 22 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 23 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 24 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice