Wondering if the Greece experts can give me some guidance on boats from Santorini to Crete?
We have decided to start our holiday in Santorini and will be travelling mid-August from Santorini to Crete (destination in Crete unknown at this stage but likely to be Western crete as we fly home from Chania). So I am assuming the best way to go is to take a boat from Santorini to Heraklion.
I've had a look at the websites and found that Hellenic Seaways and Sea Jets both offer daily sailings in August. Both of these are in the evening - the timing on the Sea Jets boat is better as it arrives at 18:30 in Heraklion whereas the Hellenic Seaways arrives an hour later. Given that we will then have to pick up hire car and drive to our destination, ideally I would like to arrive earlier in Heraklion.
So, my question: does anyone know if there is another ferry company that might sail to Heraklion earlier in the day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 2 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 3 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 4 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 5 Venice
- 6 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 7 London 2For1 question
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 10 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 11 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 13 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 14 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 15 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 16 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 17 Porto and vicinity
- 18 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 19 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 20 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 21 Norway fjord
- 22 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 23 7 days in Greece
- 24 Italy
- 25 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy