Wondering if the Greece experts can give me some guidance on boats from Santorini to Crete?
We have decided to start our holiday in Santorini and will be travelling mid-August from Santorini to Crete (destination in Crete unknown at this stage but likely to be Western crete as we fly home from Chania). So I am assuming the best way to go is to take a boat from Santorini to Heraklion.
I've had a look at the websites and found that Hellenic Seaways and Sea Jets both offer daily sailings in August. Both of these are in the evening - the timing on the Sea Jets boat is better as it arrives at 18:30 in Heraklion whereas the Hellenic Seaways arrives an hour later. Given that we will then have to pick up hire car and drive to our destination, ideally I would like to arrive earlier in Heraklion.
So, my question: does anyone know if there is another ferry company that might sail to Heraklion earlier in the day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 2 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 3 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 4 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 5 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 6 Car rental leaving Rome
- 7 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 8 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 9 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 10 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 11 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 12 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 13 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 14 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 15 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 16 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 17 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 18 Car Rental in Italy
- 19 Rue des Rosiers
- 20 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 21 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 22 First Trip to Europe!
- 23 Paris Under Seige...
- 24 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 25 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes