Wondering if the Greece experts can give me some guidance on boats from Santorini to Crete?
We have decided to start our holiday in Santorini and will be travelling mid-August from Santorini to Crete (destination in Crete unknown at this stage but likely to be Western crete as we fly home from Chania). So I am assuming the best way to go is to take a boat from Santorini to Heraklion.
I've had a look at the websites and found that Hellenic Seaways and Sea Jets both offer daily sailings in August. Both of these are in the evening - the timing on the Sea Jets boat is better as it arrives at 18:30 in Heraklion whereas the Hellenic Seaways arrives an hour later. Given that we will then have to pick up hire car and drive to our destination, ideally I would like to arrive earlier in Heraklion.
So, my question: does anyone know if there is another ferry company that might sail to Heraklion earlier in the day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 2 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 3 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 4 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 5 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 6 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 7 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 8 Shopping in Paris
- 9 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 10 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 11 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 12 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 13 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 14 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 15 Harry Potter WB Studio entrance time - London
- 16 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 17 Switzerland in 8 days
- 18 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 19 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 20 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 21 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 22 planning confusion
- 23 Croatia Itenerary
- 24 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 25 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?