Wondering if the Greece experts can give me some guidance on boats from Santorini to Crete?
We have decided to start our holiday in Santorini and will be travelling mid-August from Santorini to Crete (destination in Crete unknown at this stage but likely to be Western crete as we fly home from Chania). So I am assuming the best way to go is to take a boat from Santorini to Heraklion.
I've had a look at the websites and found that Hellenic Seaways and Sea Jets both offer daily sailings in August. Both of these are in the evening - the timing on the Sea Jets boat is better as it arrives at 18:30 in Heraklion whereas the Hellenic Seaways arrives an hour later. Given that we will then have to pick up hire car and drive to our destination, ideally I would like to arrive earlier in Heraklion.
So, my question: does anyone know if there is another ferry company that might sail to Heraklion earlier in the day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 8 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 9 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Electrical Power Conversion
- 13 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 14 Douro Valley in January?
- 15 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 16 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 17 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 18 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 19 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 20 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 21 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 24 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 25 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?