Wondering if the Greece experts can give me some guidance on boats from Santorini to Crete?
We have decided to start our holiday in Santorini and will be travelling mid-August from Santorini to Crete (destination in Crete unknown at this stage but likely to be Western crete as we fly home from Chania). So I am assuming the best way to go is to take a boat from Santorini to Heraklion.
I've had a look at the websites and found that Hellenic Seaways and Sea Jets both offer daily sailings in August. Both of these are in the evening - the timing on the Sea Jets boat is better as it arrives at 18:30 in Heraklion whereas the Hellenic Seaways arrives an hour later. Given that we will then have to pick up hire car and drive to our destination, ideally I would like to arrive earlier in Heraklion.
So, my question: does anyone know if there is another ferry company that might sail to Heraklion earlier in the day?
Boat from Santorini to Crete
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 2 London hotel tax is 20%
- 3 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 4 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 5 Need suggestions for 5 days Italy trip
- 6 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 7 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 8 Gdansk & Baltic in October
- 9 Restaurants in Venice
- 10 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 11 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 12 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 13 Warsaw for the week-end / language question
- 14 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 15 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 16 Plaza on the River, London?
- 17 Ghent or Paris?
- 18 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 19 Ireland- Itinerary Planning Late September- 10 days
- 20 Chip and Pin
- 21 Venice, just arrived
- 22 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 23 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 24 Cooking classes in Paris - Cook n' with Class or La Cuisine?
- 25 Scandinavian tour - first time!