Reload this Page >

Cost of ferry from Crete to Santorini?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 11:17 PM
heather

We're heading to Greece for 8 days in September. We will arrive in Athens and then fly to Crete. After 3 nights we want to take the ferry to Santorini because I have heard that is the best way to get the full effect of Santorini's beauty. I have also heard that the ferry is expensive...how expensive???

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Leslie

Hi Heather- we're headed off to Crete and then on to Santorini in two weeks! From what I've learned, the ferry only runs from Crete (Heraklion only) to Santorini on Tuesdays. Unfortunately the ferry leaves at 8pm and arrives in Santorini at 11:45pm (so much for seeing the view on the way in!). There is a Tuesday morning hydrofoil available until September 8th (9:30am-11:15am). <BR><BR>They just posted the island ferry schedule (www.greekferries.gr) which gives you dates, times, and prices for various types of tickets. The range is from 9.30 to 33.48 euros ($8-$30) so it's actually not expensive at all! You can also take a 45-minute flight between Crete and Santorini on Olympic Airways (www.olympic-airways.gr) on Thursday or Saturdays for around $40 (3:05pm-3:55pm). I've read there are smaller boats that go from Crete to Santorini every day but I've yet to find confirmation on the web. We're hoping to find other options once we arrive in Crete and avoid that late night arrival since I too have heard that the view from the sea upon arrival is spectacular. <BR>

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 04:58 AM
j

Does anyone know a website with hydrofoil schedules? Also, is it possible to take a day trip from Santorini to Mykonos? Thanks.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:28 AM
izzie

http://www.dolphins.gr/english/index.stm<BR><BR>Here is website for timetables for Flying Dolphins hydrofoils.<BR>I don't see the schedule for July yet, but have been told it should be available in May sometime.