I will be in London this coming week from April 30th to May 2nd. Iget there late on the 30th and leave right after the Warner Bros. HP Studio tour is over on the 2nd so really I only have the 1st to sight-see. I've been to London before, so I have already seen the city, this time I want to go outside it and visit both Hampton Court and Stonehenge. I have not been able to find any tours, or any cheap tours I should say, that offer this as a possibility which makes me wonder if it is because it can't be done? What would be the best way to visit both these places in one day? I think the best departure point for either one would be Waterloo Station, or am I wrong? Would I have to, say for example, go from Waterloo to Salisbury, take the bus that takes you from Salisbury to Stonehenge, then take the bus back to Salisbury and back to Waterloo in order to go from Waterloo to Hampton Court? Or would there be a bus from Salisbury to Hampton Court?
Thank you so much for your help, we're just a bunch of broke architecture students trying to experience both realms of architecture. Naturally we WOULD want to cram it all in one day...it's what we do.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 3 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 4 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 5 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 6 SE ITALY
- 7 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 8 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 9 Helpful Hint
- 10 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 14 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 15 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 Croatia short sail trip
- 18 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 19 6 Days in Italy
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 23 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 24 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each
Best way to visit Stonehenge and Hampton Court in one day?