I will be in London this coming week from April 30th to May 2nd. Iget there late on the 30th and leave right after the Warner Bros. HP Studio tour is over on the 2nd so really I only have the 1st to sight-see. I've been to London before, so I have already seen the city, this time I want to go outside it and visit both Hampton Court and Stonehenge. I have not been able to find any tours, or any cheap tours I should say, that offer this as a possibility which makes me wonder if it is because it can't be done? What would be the best way to visit both these places in one day? I think the best departure point for either one would be Waterloo Station, or am I wrong? Would I have to, say for example, go from Waterloo to Salisbury, take the bus that takes you from Salisbury to Stonehenge, then take the bus back to Salisbury and back to Waterloo in order to go from Waterloo to Hampton Court? Or would there be a bus from Salisbury to Hampton Court?
Thank you so much for your help, we're just a bunch of broke architecture students trying to experience both realms of architecture. Naturally we WOULD want to cram it all in one day...it's what we do.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 2 One night in Rome
- 3 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 4 Trip to Rome
- 5 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 6 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 7 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 8 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 9 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 10 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 11 Do you travel with linen clothes?
- 12 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 13 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 16 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 Imbros Gorge
- 21 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 24 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 25 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
Best way to visit Stonehenge and Hampton Court in one day?