I will be in London this coming week from April 30th to May 2nd. Iget there late on the 30th and leave right after the Warner Bros. HP Studio tour is over on the 2nd so really I only have the 1st to sight-see. I've been to London before, so I have already seen the city, this time I want to go outside it and visit both Hampton Court and Stonehenge. I have not been able to find any tours, or any cheap tours I should say, that offer this as a possibility which makes me wonder if it is because it can't be done? What would be the best way to visit both these places in one day? I think the best departure point for either one would be Waterloo Station, or am I wrong? Would I have to, say for example, go from Waterloo to Salisbury, take the bus that takes you from Salisbury to Stonehenge, then take the bus back to Salisbury and back to Waterloo in order to go from Waterloo to Hampton Court? Or would there be a bus from Salisbury to Hampton Court?
Thank you so much for your help, we're just a bunch of broke architecture students trying to experience both realms of architecture. Naturally we WOULD want to cram it all in one day...it's what we do.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undisclsoed location
- 2 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 5 Ronda Wine/biking
- 6 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 7 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 8 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 9 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 10 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 13 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 14 Italy bus or train
- 15 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 16 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 17 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 18 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 19 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 20 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 21 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 22 Praiano
- 23 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 24 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 25 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
Best way to visit Stonehenge and Hampton Court in one day?