Quick Corsica Question

Search

Quick Corsica Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick Corsica Question

There is a slim chance I might be able to pull off a Corsica trip this year--one of my dream destinations. This would be about 10 days in late May, focusing on nature activities and preferring to not rent a car. So, with that in mind and flights being equal, would Bastia or Ajaccio be preferable? With my time frame, would flying open jaw in and out the other be realistic? Or, do you think concentrating on one region or the other would be a better choice? Thanks so much for any advice you can give me!
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Topping in case I get to make this happen. If you also have input on how expensive Corsica is, I'd appreciate it!
(and to that end, DH and I tend to stay in mid-range small hotels and spend our days walking and probably the bulk of money on food.) thanks!
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

This has come up as a possibility again--does anyone have any insight as to whether it would be preferable to stick to the Ajaccio or Bastia area for a 10-day trip (using public transport), or if open jaw into one and out the other would be a better idea? Thanks!
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 08:35 AM

I will be posting within the next few days, our Corse vacation. We did spend approx. 3 weeks, traveling from Bastia, to Pedicroce (Castagniccia) via San Florent, the Corte, Bonifacio, Sartene and finally Ajaccio. We had a car, which was great. Took a ferry to Bastia from Nice and flew back to Paris (we are still here) via Ajaccio. Hiked almost everyday, though the rain took a toll on us. Using public transport should work, as others use it, though Sunday schedules can be iffy or infrequent. Bastia did not do that much for us; but then we did arrive late Sunday and Monday was a holiday (day after Easter)--nothing really open.
We wish we had driven to Cap Corse, and just stopped for a short drive through in San Florent.
In Ajaccio we stayed one night at the Hotel Fech, and then moved onto the countryside--Cargese, renting an apartment for 4 nights--just great--do look for my post.
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Will do--I look forward to reading because Corsica has long been on my list. To my great frustration it probably won't happen (bummer since I found a great fare but can't swing the dates). But definitely in the future when maybe I can give it the time it deserves.