In June I will be traveling to Norway for a cruise. I'm currently researching activities to do in each port but am torn/stuck on what to do in Bergen. I've heard that it's one of Norway's and even Europe's prettiest cities and I've definitely found a lot of stuff that piques my interest there (Grieg's house, Mount Fløien, walk the medieval waterfront). But one of the cruise's port excursions features the Flam railway (along with plenty of other stops along the way). My hesitancy with the Flam excursion is that it's an all day affair so there would obviously be no time to explore Bergen. I've never been to Norway before and I have no doubt that all of it is beautiful and spectacular, I just don't want to feel like I missed out on a once in a lifetime outing (riding the railway). Both my h and I love scenic train rides (the train to Machu Picchu was a highlight of our trip to Peru last year) and know we'd love the Flam one too.
Any thoughts or opinions on this very first world problem would be most appreciated
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 2 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 3 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 4 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 5 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 6 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 7 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Meteora for older folk
- 11 Versailles
- 12 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 13 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 14 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 15 driving from prague to salzburg
- 16 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 17 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 18 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 19 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 20 Germany train help!
- 21 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 22 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 23 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 24 Sicily
- 25 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip