In June I will be traveling to Norway for a cruise. I'm currently researching activities to do in each port but am torn/stuck on what to do in Bergen. I've heard that it's one of Norway's and even Europe's prettiest cities and I've definitely found a lot of stuff that piques my interest there (Grieg's house, Mount Fløien, walk the medieval waterfront). But one of the cruise's port excursions features the Flam railway (along with plenty of other stops along the way). My hesitancy with the Flam excursion is that it's an all day affair so there would obviously be no time to explore Bergen. I've never been to Norway before and I have no doubt that all of it is beautiful and spectacular, I just don't want to feel like I missed out on a once in a lifetime outing (riding the railway). Both my h and I love scenic train rides (the train to Machu Picchu was a highlight of our trip to Peru last year) and know we'd love the Flam one too.
Any thoughts or opinions on this very first world problem would be most appreciated
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 2 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 3 Towns around Lucca
- 4 Cork questions
- 5 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 6 Borghese Gallery Question
- 7 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 8 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 9 Sicily help
- 10 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 11 Italy Vacation
- 12 Stu Tower
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 15 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 16 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 17 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 20 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 21 Germany or Sweden
- 22 Crete Holiday
- 23 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 24 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 25 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?