Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Theater
- 2 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 3 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 6 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 7 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 8 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 9 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 13 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 14 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 15 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 18 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 19 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 20 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 21 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 22 Salzburg itinerary review
- 23 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 24 Poland to Austria In December
- 25 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?