Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 france options
- 2 Itinerary Help for Wheelchair Traveler
- 3 Todi as a stopover?
- 4 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 5 Southern Italy
- 6 Itinerary feedback, 4/5 days in Iceland
- 7 Gullet Cruise in Turkey
- 8 Provence Restaurant Suggestions
- 9 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 10 Best Hotel in Tuscany?
- 11 Iceland Stopover Late September
- 12 Help- Advice or experiences traveling with a handicapped person?
- 13 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 14 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 15 A week in Verona. Please critique my daytrip list.
- 16 Vacationing alone in Paris, Switzerland, Croatia and Russia 2016
- 17 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 18 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 19 Pompeii ~ book private in advance, or wait and use a guide @ Pompeii?
- 20 Need help with Europe itinerary
- 21 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 22 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 23 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 24 Switzerland 5 days
- 25 Itinerary help for family with young kids