Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 5 Chania
- 6 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 7 Car rental in Santorini port
- 8 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 9 Renting a car in Greece
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 12 renting a car in greece
- 13 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 14 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 15 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 16 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 17 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 18 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 19 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 20 retruning to US with souveniers
- 21 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 22 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 23 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 24 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 25 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers