Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
BENELUX trip, help needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 4 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 5 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 6 London hotel
- 7 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 8 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 9 Europe in 21 days
- 10 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 11 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 12 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 13 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 14 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 15 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 16 Hotel in Venice
- 17 hotels in Seville
- 18 London tube
- 19 7 days in Greece
- 20 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 21 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 22 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 23 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 24 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 25 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary