Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
BENELUX trip, help needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 2 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 3 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 4 2 weeks in Europe
- 5 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 6 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 7 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 8 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 9 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 10 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 11 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 12 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 15 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 16 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 17 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 18 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 19 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 20 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 21 Matisse at Tate
- 22 Ireland Southwest
- 23 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 25 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...