Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 3 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 4 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 5 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 Trains in Alps and UK
- 9 Switzerland
- 10 CDG airport and connection time
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 13 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 14 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 15 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 16 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 17 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 22 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 days and times when museums and suchlike close