Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming areas to explore in London
- 2 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 3 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 4 Best of Norway
- 5 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 6 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 7 travel around Spain
- 8 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 9 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 10 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 11 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 12 Bursa/Iznik
- 13 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 Hidden Gems outside Munich
- 16 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Luggage storage Vienna railway
- 19 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 20 Another Question re Scotland
- 21 Transportation and things to do around Malta from the Westin Dragona?
- 22 Accommodation Goze and Ostia Antic
- 23 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 24 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 25 Tattoos in Italy