Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 2 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 3 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 4 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 5 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 6 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 7 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 8 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 9 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 10 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 11 Trip report European honeymoon
- 12 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 13 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 14 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 15 Spain Itinerary advice please – Extremadura? Cadiz?
- 16 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 17 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 18 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 19 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 20 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 21 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 22 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 23 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 24 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 25 Croatian islands