Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
BENELUX trip, help needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 2 Help - Train: Florence to Salerno & Ferry: Salerno to Positano
- 3 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 4 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 5 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 6 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 7 Time to get lowest airfare to Norway
- 8 Where to honeymoon in Southern France and Northern Italy?
- 9 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 10 Please help me plan my trip!
- 11 A week in spain
- 12 Medieval Dinner other than Bunratty
- 13 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 14 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 15 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 16 Family trip to France with kids
- 17 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 18 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 19 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 20 Car Rental in Iceland
- 21 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 22 Transposed names on TGV tickets
- 23 Nice, Avignon, and Lyon
- 24 scotland trave;
- 25 Italy food budget