Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 2 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 3 Greece Itinerary
- 4 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 5 Ravenna Mosaics
- 6 Flight connection in CDG
- 7 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 8 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 9 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 10 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 11 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 12 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 13 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 14 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 15 Help me choose a Central/Eastern Europe Itinerary
- 16 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 17 Our time in Rome
- 18 France for a month in 2017
- 19 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 20 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 21 Barcelona extension
- 22 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 23 Exploring Extraordinary Extremadura
- 24 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 25 Naples or Genoa