Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Car Scam
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 9 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 10 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 11 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 12 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 13 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 14 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 15 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 16 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 17 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 18 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Can parking
- 22 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 23 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 24 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 25 Douro Valley in January?