I'm a poor 22 years old student who bought a ticket to Belgium. I usually read a lot about the places I'm going to visit and plan the general aspects of my trip, but this one I don't have enough time and I don't know almost nothing about Belgium and Netherlands travel.
I'm arriving in Brussels on 15th of May, morning, and I plan to travel back to London on May 23, probably from Eindhoven(Ryan Air), but I haven't booked the return flight yet.
Basically I would like to visit Brussels, Bruges and Amsterdam. What else to include? Do I have enough time? (Ghent? Utrecht?)
I plan to stay at hostels, and I usually do 1/3 museums, 1/3 city sights and 1/3 local food (food that local people really eat, not expensive tourist traps restaurant), in case of Belgium also craft beers. I'm most interested in city architecture/history, culture and food. No shopping, no clubs and no places that people go just to take a picture in front of, if you know what I mean...
So I ask your help trying to put this itinerary altogether passing through the right cities, keeping the lowest cost as possible (train?bus?).
Thanks in advance!
P.S. Sorry for any mistakes, it's my first post, and for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 2 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 3 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 4 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 5 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 6 Lon term Car Hire Guide for Italy
- 7 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 8 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 9 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 10 Public Transport information App/Website
- 11 London with kids
- 12 First Time Europe Trip
- 13 Spain, Madrid, 2 nights w/car
- 14 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 15 Luxury Apartment Rentals in Rome
- 16 Tenerife - Best attractions
- 17 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 18 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 19 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 20 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 21 Loans 15,000 kr. and you have them about 45. minutes
- 22 Croatia travel ideas
- 23 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 24 River Boat Cruise
- 25 Hotel advice