Need your help in designing a 15 nights itinerary for Germany-Austria trip in June'15 ( I am traveling with my husband for my second honeymoon). We will be flying into Munich from Mumbai, India and out of Vienna. I am sharing my itinerary with you..there is still scope of improvement (not booked the acco yet)
Reach Munich (stay for 2 nights)
Rent a car. Leave for Mittenwald/ Oberammagau for staying for 3 nights
By 12 noon- Reach Neuschwanstein Castle, Hohenschwangau Castle. Visit Mary's bridge. Roam around Fussen
Visit Garmisch-Partenkirchen & Zugspitze
Roam around Mittenwald
Leave for Hall in Tirol. On the way, visit Gnadenwald & Hinterhornalm near Innsbruck. Check-in at a hotel in HiT. Visit Maurach in the night
Visit Hintertux Glacier for skiing in the morning. Visit Mayrhofen for lunch.
On the way back to HiT, stop by Alpbach and Achensee
Leave for Zell Am See for staying for the night.
Visit Schmittenhöhe, Hohe Tauern and Krimml Waterfall in the day.
Leave for Grossglockner High Alpine Road starting from Bruck
Reach Hallstatt by 3 pm, Stay a night
13th June- Leave for Berchtesgaden and stay for 3 nights
14th June- Visit Salzburg as a day trip
15th June- Visit Chiemsee as a day trip
16th June- Drop the car at Freilassing. Take a train to Vienna
16th, 17th , 18th June- Vienna for 3 nights
19th June- Morning Flight to Mumbai
Please please please share your comments/ opinion!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 2 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 3 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 4 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 5 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 6 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 Cinqueterre
- 9 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 10 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 11 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 12 Road trip Italy
- 13 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 14 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 15 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 16 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 17 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 18 Hilton CPH no loner
- 19 travel around Spain
- 20 Scotland Trip Report
- 21 French Wedding
- 22 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 23 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 24 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 25 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones