We are driving from Windermere to Scotland and looking for a central base to tour around the Fort William and Inverness area. I have found accommodation just south of fort Augustus or an option just below Inverness. We want to do the train trip from Fort William to malliag one day? Would it be too far to trip around he Fort William area from Inverness? Or should we stay in two places so as to see more south of Lochness and more around Inverness. We don't know the travelling conditions and would only want to drive around an hour and a half in any direction from our base . Any advice?
Base in highlands Scotland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 2 Italy
- 3 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 4 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 5 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 6 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 7 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 8 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 9 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 10 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 11 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 12 Reims for a day
- 13 Lavender Fields
- 14 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 15 Munich
- 16 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 17 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 18 Toulouse and beyond -
- 19 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 20 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 21 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 22 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 23 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 24 museum passes in Rome
- 25 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome