We are driving from Windermere to Scotland and looking for a central base to tour around the Fort William and Inverness area. I have found accommodation just south of fort Augustus or an option just below Inverness. We want to do the train trip from Fort William to malliag one day? Would it be too far to trip around he Fort William area from Inverness? Or should we stay in two places so as to see more south of Lochness and more around Inverness. We don't know the travelling conditions and would only want to drive around an hour and a half in any direction from our base . Any advice?
Base in highlands Scotland?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 2 Which travel plan?
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 5 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 6 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Madrid to Sevilla
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 London at Easter
- 11 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 12 Prague - must see
- 13 Travel by train or bus
- 14 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 15 Car in Prague
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Family European winter holiday
- 21 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 22 Planning a holiday
- 23 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 24 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 25 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days