We are driving from Windermere to Scotland and looking for a central base to tour around the Fort William and Inverness area. I have found accommodation just south of fort Augustus or an option just below Inverness. We want to do the train trip from Fort William to malliag one day? Would it be too far to trip around he Fort William area from Inverness? Or should we stay in two places so as to see more south of Lochness and more around Inverness. We don't know the travelling conditions and would only want to drive around an hour and a half in any direction from our base . Any advice?
Base in highlands Scotland?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Advises for trip to Russia
- 2 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 3 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 4 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 5 First time traveler to Ireland
- 6 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 7 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 13 Prague - must see
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 17 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 18 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 19 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 20 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 21 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 22 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!