This is my first time posting here, although I have scoured the message board for years looking for answers
My husband and I are spending 18 nights (!!!) in France this May (May 20-June 5), with 8 of them in the Provence area. Although I have a separate question on a base area to stay in Provence, I wanted to call out Cote D'azur on it's own. We will have a car, and after spending time mainly in Western Provence, thought it might be nice to spend 2 nights in a beachy town before flying out of Nice. We are planning on REALLY doing Cote D'azur seperately on a different trip, but wanted a taste for two nights just to relax and get a taste.
What we love and are looking for from these two days: A charming town feel, be on the waterfront/beach area, be west of Nice, love good food, strolling, people watching and WINE (especially excited for Rose in this area). For these two days less interested in museums and anything that takes us indoors.
So far I have researched:
-Villefranche sur Mer - looks like it fits the bill most closely but is East of Nice and I don't want to have to travel beyond that this trip (maybe that is silly -- tell me if it is!)
-Antibes/Juan Les Pines - This looks okay but the areas sort of appeared less charming/quaint (again, tell me if I am being nuts)
-St Paul de Vence looks amazing but not on the water which is something that I don't want to trade off for these two days
-Toulon mainly for the Rose but it looks a bit more industrial
Are there other areas that I have missed that would fit the bill, or perhaps my assumptions about some of the above places are wrong? Thanks so much for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 2 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 One week in Europe
- 6 Munich itinerary review
- 7 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 10 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 Where to eat in Rome?
- 13 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 16 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 17 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 18 AMS Car Rental
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 21 London Theater
- 22 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 23 Europe itinerary questions
- 24 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg