This is my first time posting here, although I have scoured the message board for years looking for answers
My husband and I are spending 18 nights (!!!) in France this May (May 20-June 5), with 8 of them in the Provence area. Although I have a separate question on a base area to stay in Provence, I wanted to call out Cote D'azur on it's own. We will have a car, and after spending time mainly in Western Provence, thought it might be nice to spend 2 nights in a beachy town before flying out of Nice. We are planning on REALLY doing Cote D'azur seperately on a different trip, but wanted a taste for two nights just to relax and get a taste.
What we love and are looking for from these two days: A charming town feel, be on the waterfront/beach area, be west of Nice, love good food, strolling, people watching and WINE (especially excited for Rose in this area). For these two days less interested in museums and anything that takes us indoors.
So far I have researched:
-Villefranche sur Mer - looks like it fits the bill most closely but is East of Nice and I don't want to have to travel beyond that this trip (maybe that is silly -- tell me if it is!)
-Antibes/Juan Les Pines - This looks okay but the areas sort of appeared less charming/quaint (again, tell me if I am being nuts)
-St Paul de Vence looks amazing but not on the water which is something that I don't want to trade off for these two days
-Toulon mainly for the Rose but it looks a bit more industrial
Are there other areas that I have missed that would fit the bill, or perhaps my assumptions about some of the above places are wrong? Thanks so much for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://megacleanseradvice.com/embova-rx/
- 2 38 Days in Paris
- 3 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 4 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 7 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 8 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 9 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 12 How the kids age calculated
- 13 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 14 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 17 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 18 Beaune France
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 Firt time VISA applicant
- 22 Cordoba Overnight?
- 23 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 24 advance tickets?
- 25 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162