Too long in Nice?

Oct 20th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Too long in Nice?

I have read several postings and am still unsure of our decision to stay 6-7 nights in Nice (late May) We have found what looks to be lovely accomodations and wish to plunk down there for that period of time.We will have a rental car and have arranged for parking at a modest fee because we prefer to have a vehicle for flexibility. My REAL question is...would it be ill advised to plan to tour both East AND West while based in Nice?I know we are good for all points East but I was hoping we could avoid having to make yet another change of accomodations to 'do' the West side?
Oct 20th, 2009, 08:44 PM

Nice is a wonderful base-camp. You can take 1/2- full day trips to Antibes, Monaco, Cannes, Eze, Grasse, St. Paul de vence, Cagne Sur Mer; the places are endless. I lived in Nice this past May-July and loved it. Any questions please feel free to ask. Laurel

P.S. Cannes film festival is in May also.
Oct 20th, 2009, 08:58 PM

We've spent around 9 weeks in the Nice area - in Nice itself and 5 weeks close to Vence. We have been busy touring or enjoying a day on the beach all the time.

I have a 27+ page itinerary that describes our favorite stuff to do in the area. E-mail me at [email protected] if you want a copy.

Stu Dudley
Oct 21st, 2009, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

How kind of you Laurel61. We have checked the calender and made sure we arrived AFTER the Film Festival.(It sounds chaotic)Our choice of accomodations is Le Dortoir on Rue Paradis. Are you familiar with that area?..it's a pedestrian area and the B&B seems quite lovely.
Thanks Stu...I do have your agenda and know you prefer to use another base to visit the coast West of Nice. Did I get that right?
We are also spending time pre-Nice in the Provence area. Aside from 2 nights in Avignon, we will stay put at a Mas for an additional 6 nights. We like to settle into a place.Trouble is...if it's a bad choice...well, There you are!
We are calling with our deposit today so I hope we are making the right decision and won't regret not selecting different places to stay while on the on the Cote d'Azur.
Oct 21st, 2009, 09:36 AM

I am not familiar with this property, but the website pictures look nice. It is located in the perfect area. Inquire about sound-proof windows, because of the pedestrian area.

And I could never stay too long in Nice. There are so many towns and villages close by to visit. I have never been bored there and I have been to Nice about 50-60 times.