I am planning trip in late Aug-beginning of September to Barcelona. We are 2 girls in our "young 40's" who are looking for a mix of culture, art, good food, good wine, nightife and ending our stay with a little laid back beach time.
I am having a hard time trying to plan and fit all of the above in. My original thought was to start out in Barcelona Fri -Mon, then head to San Sabastian Tue-Thu and then end up in Malllorca Fri-Sun but now that I research am not sure both San Sabastian and Mallorca will be doable. I am now thinking to fly into Barcelona and stay there Fri-Wed as our home base where we would check out Barcelona for 3 days and then do day trips to Montserrat, Figures and Penedes. From there we would spend Thu-Sun in either San Sabastian or Mallorca for our end of trip relaxing beach time.
If anyone could suggest if all 3 destinations would work or if staying in Barcelona for most of the time and then hopping over to either Mallorca or San Sabastian for our last few days would make more sense, it would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind we would arrive Fri am and depart either sun or possibly mon the following week from the states, so only have about 10 days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Moving to Italy
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 Spain in July
- 6 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 7 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 10 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 11 Planning an independent tour of UK mid-2017
- 12 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 13 Swiss Travel Pass
- 14 BritRail pass - 1st or 2nd class?
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 18 Athens
- 19 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 20 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 21 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Where to enjoy Paris
- 24 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 25 10 days in Paris and......