I am planning trip in late Aug-beginning of September to Barcelona. We are 2 girls in our "young 40's" who are looking for a mix of culture, art, good food, good wine, nightife and ending our stay with a little laid back beach time.
I am having a hard time trying to plan and fit all of the above in. My original thought was to start out in Barcelona Fri -Mon, then head to San Sabastian Tue-Thu and then end up in Malllorca Fri-Sun but now that I research am not sure both San Sabastian and Mallorca will be doable. I am now thinking to fly into Barcelona and stay there Fri-Wed as our home base where we would check out Barcelona for 3 days and then do day trips to Montserrat, Figures and Penedes. From there we would spend Thu-Sun in either San Sabastian or Mallorca for our end of trip relaxing beach time.
If anyone could suggest if all 3 destinations would work or if staying in Barcelona for most of the time and then hopping over to either Mallorca or San Sabastian for our last few days would make more sense, it would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind we would arrive Fri am and depart either sun or possibly mon the following week from the states, so only have about 10 days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 3 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 4 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 5 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 6 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 9 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 10 38 Days in Paris
- 11 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 12 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 13 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 14 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 15 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 16 How the kids age calculated
- 17 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 21 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 Beaune France
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Firt time VISA applicant
- 25 Cordoba Overnight?