I am planning trip in late Aug-beginning of September to Barcelona. We are 2 girls in our "young 40's" who are looking for a mix of culture, art, good food, good wine, nightife and ending our stay with a little laid back beach time.
I am having a hard time trying to plan and fit all of the above in. My original thought was to start out in Barcelona Fri -Mon, then head to San Sabastian Tue-Thu and then end up in Malllorca Fri-Sun but now that I research am not sure both San Sabastian and Mallorca will be doable. I am now thinking to fly into Barcelona and stay there Fri-Wed as our home base where we would check out Barcelona for 3 days and then do day trips to Montserrat, Figures and Penedes. From there we would spend Thu-Sun in either San Sabastian or Mallorca for our end of trip relaxing beach time.
If anyone could suggest if all 3 destinations would work or if staying in Barcelona for most of the time and then hopping over to either Mallorca or San Sabastian for our last few days would make more sense, it would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind we would arrive Fri am and depart either sun or possibly mon the following week from the states, so only have about 10 days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 2 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 3 Football Tickets - Athens
- 4 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 5 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 6 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 7 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 8 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 9 Last minute trip to Capri
- 10 3nights in Venice
- 11 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 12 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 13 Earthquake near Naples
- 14 Budapest to Kosice
- 15 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 16 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 17 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 18 Paris in November
- 19 My 3 days in Venice
- 20 multi city flights to europe
- 21 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 22 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 23 One week in Europe
- 24 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 25 London Theater