I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Backpacking through Europe and need some advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 2 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 3 Moving to Belfast
- 4 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 5 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 6 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 7 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 8 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 9 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 10 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 11 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 12 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 13 Luggage sizing
- 14 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 15 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 16 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 17 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 18 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 19 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 20 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 21 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 22 Christmas in Munich
- 23 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 24 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 25 Paris in January: 2 Days