I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Backpacking through Europe and need some advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 2 Schengen rule made easy
- 3 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 4 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 5 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 6 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 7 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 8 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 9 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 10 Need help with itinerary
- 11 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 12 Italy Spending Budget
- 13 Brescia, Italy - Agriturismo needed or?
- 14 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 15 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 16 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 17 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 18 Kassel Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe visiting logistics
- 19 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 20 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 21 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 22 Best way to see the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- 23 Biel/Bienne Experts
- 24 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 25 Ireland or Scotland