I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 2 One Way... trust or bust?
- 3 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 4 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 5 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 6 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 7 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 8 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 9 Portugal trains
- 10 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 11 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 12 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 13 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 14 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 15 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 16 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 17 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 18 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 19 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 20 Walking GPS?
- 21 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 22 Cost of Van from CDG
- 23 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 24 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 25 Girls trip - Lisbon