I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Cooking Secrets
- 2 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 5 London tour and theatre ideas
- 6 BEWARE of EUROCAR
- 7 England and Wales by public transport
- 8 Italy's central lakes!
- 9 CDG much improved
- 10 Travel vs. Babies
- 11 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 12 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 13 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 14 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 15 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 16 Travel help
- 17 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 18 20 Days in Europe
- 19 Live music or Theater over Christmas and New Years?
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 Europe in late January
- 22 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 23 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 24 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 25 Andalucia in December