I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Barcelona
- 2 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 3 Metro tickets in Paris
- 4 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 5 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 6 Ann Frank House
- 7 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 8 short trip klon to koblenz
- 9 Paris Visite pass
- 10 Blonde in Amsterdam & Paris: Van Gogh, Gables & the Gare d'Orsay
- 11 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 12 Barcelona Itinerary
- 13 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 14 A week in Vienna
- 15 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 16 Bath or Exeter
- 17 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 18 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 19 air conditioning
- 20 Fall 2016 England andScotland
- 21 Backpacking Europe with my Bestfriend (18yo f)
- 22 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 23 Self-driving in Iceland
- 24 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 25 Trip Report: Berlin