I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 2 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 3 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 4 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 5 Weekly Markets Lake District and Dales
- 6 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 7 My summer in Paris
- 8 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 9 Booking flights! Best timing for kids?
- 10 Comments, please about these Rome apartments
- 11 Day trips from Cologne
- 12 Day Trip From London
- 13 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 14 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 15 Montpellier - A few questions
- 16 Italian trains on Sunday
- 17 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 18 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 19 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 20 Euro railways
- 21 Cesky Krumlov
- 22 Cantabria, Asturias, Galacia - Itinerary help please
- 23 Amsterdam and beyond
- 24 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 25 Vienna or Munich