I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 2 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 3 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 4 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 5 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 8 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 9 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 10 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 11 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 12 Salzburg itinerary review
- 13 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 14 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 15 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 16 Globus Iberian Tour
- 17 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 18 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 UK in May and June
- 23 Spain: train/rental car help
- 24 good restaurants in Budapest
- 25 London GTG - early Oct are you available?