I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Backpacking through Europe and need some advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 4 itinerary help
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 9 days in turkey
- 7 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 8 Germany-berlin marathon
- 9 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Nice Video about Poland
- 12 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 13 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 14 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 15 Reims for a day
- 16 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 17 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 18 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 19 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 22 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 23 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 24 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 25 Scotland