I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Backpacking through Europe and need some advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 2 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Fjords, How To?
- 5 Istanbul Itinerary
- 6 7 Nights in Paris
- 7 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 8 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 9 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 10 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 11 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 12 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 13 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 14 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 15 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 London neighborhood suggestions
- 18 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 19 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 20 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 21 London - Site List Triage -
- 22 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 23 Recommendations Tour Guides/Airport Transportation Gdansk, Poland
- 24 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 25 Priceline for London hotels