I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Backpacking through Europe and need some advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bergen + NIN + Hardangerfjord + what? Four days in June
- 2 Camper Rental in Iceland
- 3 Camper Rental in Iceland
- 4 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 8 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 9 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 12 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 13 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 14 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 15 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 16 Shoes for Paris in April
- 17 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 18 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 19 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 20 Otherchelebi Can you Help Me?
- 21 21 Days in Central Europe
- 22 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 23 London visit
- 24 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 25 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report