I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 2 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 3 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 4 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 5 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 6 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 7 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 8 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 9 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 10 Itinerary Help for Wheelchair Traveler
- 11 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 12 How to get to Mallorca
- 13 Hotel suggestions in Amsterdam
- 14 Need help with Europe itinerary
- 15 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 16 Venice : Trying not to overplan
- 17 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 18 Family Itinerary April 2016
- 19 Best area of the Morvan?
- 20 Switzerland 5 days
- 21 france options
- 22 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 23 Todi as a stopover?
- 24 Southern Italy
- 25 Itinerary feedback, 4/5 days in Iceland