I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 2 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 3 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 4 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 5 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 6 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 9 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 10 Leather goods in Florence
- 11 4 days in Provence in early June
- 12 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 13 Transportation
- 14 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 15 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 16 Things to do in Montpellier
- 17 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 18 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 22 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 23 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 24 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 25 Bouldering in Fountainebleau