I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edgard bus website English version?
- 2 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 3 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 4 Lucerne Switzerland Meal Recommendations
- 5 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London
- 6 Black Cab Tour in Belfast
- 7 On my way to Puglia
- 8 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 9 MiFi in Italy
- 10 A week driving in Bavaria
- 11 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 12 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 13 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 14 Car rental/return near London
- 15 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 16 Paris New Years Eve and New Years Day
- 17 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 The highlands
- 20 Amalfi Coast by Car
- 21 Avignon or St. remy
- 22 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 23 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 24 Camino Redux
- 25 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets