I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 2 3 days solo in London
- 3 Now to Madrid
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Chania
- 6 Edinbrugh
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 9 Hotels in Turin
- 10 Help on ancient history route
- 11 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 12 Studying art in English in venice
- 13 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 14 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 15 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 16 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 17 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 18 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 19 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 20 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 21 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 22 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 23 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 24 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 25 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train