I will be traveling to Europe for 21 days in August. I am a 20-something female celebrating my law school graduation / post-NYS bar exam. I will be traveling with my 20-something brother and 20-something female cousin. I have already for the most part figured out my itinerary. I have booked my flights and begun to reserve lodging through AirBNB and Hostels. However, there is a gap in my itinerary where we I am not sure where to go. I will explain:
-Landing in Amsterdam early August. Day trip to Haarlem. Stay for 3 nights.
-Leave for Brugges. Stay for 2 nights. Secured a hostel already.
-Leave for Ghent.
-Should we stay in Ghent? Or should we go on to Brussels?
-Where should we go after Ghent/Brussels?
I was considering staying 1 night in Ghent and then heading to Cologne for a night. From Cologne I thought we could either take a relatively cheap flight or a train to Austria.
After Bruges, we have *3 days* to meet my family in Innsbruck, Austria.
After meeting up with my family we will be heading to Innsbruck, Salzburg, and then Munich. We will then be flying out Munich late August.
I have never been to Europe, but fully intend to come back to travel in the UK, France, and Italy. So please no recommendations for these countries. I am trying to see as many countries as possible, but at the same time, I do not want to be in the train station or airport for much of our days.
Backpacking through Europe and need some advice
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 2 Week European Itinerary
- 3 Channel Islands
- 4 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 TGV and Provence questions
- 7 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 8 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 9 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 10 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 11 Dresden Train Station
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Family European winter holiday
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 20 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 23 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 24 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 25 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?