I'm visiting Amsterdam with my spouse from Jun 28 till July 01, I would love to read some suggestions about what should I visit in this wonderful city, I'd read some brochures about it and they all say the same 5 things: Museums, canals, coffee shops, smoking pot and Anne Frank's house. (oh! and the Red light district area)
Obviously we're planning to do and visit all those activities and places mentioned above, but my question is, what else is out there, I'm sure it's absolutely foolish to reduce such timeless city in those activities. I would like to know suggestions, opinions and experiences. We're not traveling in a splurge mood yet we aren't in tight budget either; maybe you guys know some tour or trip to the country side, places nearby o inside Amsterdam to explore.
Well, I really hope to read your replies. PS. What would be our best option to go around the canals? I'd read that the canal bus isn't the best way to do it and that they're other smaller and open boats that are operated by freelance rowers.
Well thanks a lot!
Amsterdam: 5 days... Where to go!?
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 3 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 4 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 5 Euro Train
- 6 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 9 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 10 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 11 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 12 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 13 Travel by train or bus
- 14 first european holiday itinery
- 15 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 16 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 17 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 18 Belgium
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 22 7 days in Andalucia
- 23 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 24 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 25 Anniversary Weekend in Paris