I'm visiting Amsterdam with my spouse from Jun 28 till July 01, I would love to read some suggestions about what should I visit in this wonderful city, I'd read some brochures about it and they all say the same 5 things: Museums, canals, coffee shops, smoking pot and Anne Frank's house. (oh! and the Red light district area)
Obviously we're planning to do and visit all those activities and places mentioned above, but my question is, what else is out there, I'm sure it's absolutely foolish to reduce such timeless city in those activities. I would like to know suggestions, opinions and experiences. We're not traveling in a splurge mood yet we aren't in tight budget either; maybe you guys know some tour or trip to the country side, places nearby o inside Amsterdam to explore.
Well, I really hope to read your replies. PS. What would be our best option to go around the canals? I'd read that the canal bus isn't the best way to do it and that they're other smaller and open boats that are operated by freelance rowers.
Well thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 2 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 3 Lon term Car Hire Guide for Italy
- 4 First Time Europe Trip
- 5 Loans 15,000 kr. and you have them about 45. minutes
- 6 It would appear that there are a considerable amount
- 7 Day River trips from Porto
- 8 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 9 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 10 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 11 London with kids
- 12 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 13 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 14 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 15 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 16 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 17 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 18 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 19 Public Transport information App/Website
- 20 Spain, Madrid, 2 nights w/car
- 21 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 22 Luxury Apartment Rentals in Rome
- 23 Tenerife - Best attractions
- 24 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 25 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais