I'm visiting Amsterdam with my spouse from Jun 28 till July 01, I would love to read some suggestions about what should I visit in this wonderful city, I'd read some brochures about it and they all say the same 5 things: Museums, canals, coffee shops, smoking pot and Anne Frank's house. (oh! and the Red light district area)
Obviously we're planning to do and visit all those activities and places mentioned above, but my question is, what else is out there, I'm sure it's absolutely foolish to reduce such timeless city in those activities. I would like to know suggestions, opinions and experiences. We're not traveling in a splurge mood yet we aren't in tight budget either; maybe you guys know some tour or trip to the country side, places nearby o inside Amsterdam to explore.
Well, I really hope to read your replies. PS. What would be our best option to go around the canals? I'd read that the canal bus isn't the best way to do it and that they're other smaller and open boats that are operated by freelance rowers.
Well thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 2 Barcelona completely overrated
- 3 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 4 French lavender and cottages
- 5 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 6 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 7 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 8 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 9 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 10 Ravello to Paestum
- 11 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 Spain Itinerary Help
- 14 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 15 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 16 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 17 What Greek islands should I visit
- 18 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 19 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 20 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 21 Girona and Besalau
- 22 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 23 Europe Destination with kids?
- 24 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 25 Cork or Galway?