I'm visiting Amsterdam with my spouse from Jun 28 till July 01, I would love to read some suggestions about what should I visit in this wonderful city, I'd read some brochures about it and they all say the same 5 things: Museums, canals, coffee shops, smoking pot and Anne Frank's house. (oh! and the Red light district area)
Obviously we're planning to do and visit all those activities and places mentioned above, but my question is, what else is out there, I'm sure it's absolutely foolish to reduce such timeless city in those activities. I would like to know suggestions, opinions and experiences. We're not traveling in a splurge mood yet we aren't in tight budget either; maybe you guys know some tour or trip to the country side, places nearby o inside Amsterdam to explore.
Well, I really hope to read your replies. PS. What would be our best option to go around the canals? I'd read that the canal bus isn't the best way to do it and that they're other smaller and open boats that are operated by freelance rowers.
Well thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tattoos in Italy
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Place to stay
- 6 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 7 Charming areas to explore in London
- 8 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2 weeks from southern italy
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Where to stay in Umbria