after reading this forum extensively and much advice, our first trip to Europe last year was a huge success ... and we have decided we are going back.
We is Husband, myself and daughter (who will be 8)
last time we went to Paris, Loire Valley, Provence, Venice, Lake Como, Sondrio, Amalfi Coast, a cruise and Rome ... so we got a bit of an overview.
this time around we want
- to spend longer with the family we have in Sondrio
- to go back to Rome, as last time Rome was at the end and we were completely shattered so there was a lot we missed
- to go to Florence
- to go to Switzerland. We both LOVED the mountains ...
so tentative plan - to go September next year
Fly to Zurich
3 nights Montreux
4 nights Wengen
3 nights Lucerne
3 nights Bellagio
7 nights Sondrio (with family)
4 nights Florence
3 nights Assisi
4 nights Rome
Montreux just to get over the flight and relax. Last time it took a good few days to get over the jet lag so wanted somewhere that we could just chill
Wengen - I understand its a bit quiet at night, but that is fine with us ... having a child means not too much night life anyway Is it convenient to get to? Or is Lauterbrunnen a better place to base from (planning to tour around and see the gorgeous scenery, maybe some basic/easy hikes etc
Lucerne - can anyone suggest good quality hotels that are reasonably priced for 3? around CHF250 per night
Bellagio - been before so all is good.
Sondrio - staying with family who will also arrange touring around
Florence - looked at SleepinItaly apartment. They seem to have good reviews - any advice?
Assisi - we will not have a car - but will arrive in the afternoon, and leave in the morning ... so is only 2 days here. 1 day for Assisi itself and 1 day to see Spello and Perugia or something similar. A 'down' day if we dont feel like doing much
Rome - again SleepinItaly - near Piazza Navona
Any comments, advice, tips or ideas would be great
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From London to Paris to US
- 2 Barcelona Car rental return
- 3 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 4 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 5 Greece Experts
- 6 Xtrcut @ http://nuvieskincareserum.com/xtrcut/
- 7 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 8 Dover queues
- 9 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/hollywood-smiles/
- 10 Puglia
- 11 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 12 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 13 Itinerary help please!
- 14 AVE train tickets questions.
- 15 Manchester on derby weekend
- 16 Naples or Genoa
- 17 Visiting the Black Forest
- 18 Barcelona to Morocco
- 19 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 20 France to stop making foie grois
- 21 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 22 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 23 Car hire
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 One week travelling from Spain to Paris