after reading this forum extensively and much advice, our first trip to Europe last year was a huge success ... and we have decided we are going back.
We is Husband, myself and daughter (who will be 8)
last time we went to Paris, Loire Valley, Provence, Venice, Lake Como, Sondrio, Amalfi Coast, a cruise and Rome ... so we got a bit of an overview.
this time around we want
- to spend longer with the family we have in Sondrio
- to go back to Rome, as last time Rome was at the end and we were completely shattered so there was a lot we missed
- to go to Florence
- to go to Switzerland. We both LOVED the mountains ...
so tentative plan - to go September next year
Fly to Zurich
3 nights Montreux
4 nights Wengen
3 nights Lucerne
3 nights Bellagio
7 nights Sondrio (with family)
4 nights Florence
3 nights Assisi
4 nights Rome
Montreux just to get over the flight and relax. Last time it took a good few days to get over the jet lag so wanted somewhere that we could just chill
Wengen - I understand its a bit quiet at night, but that is fine with us ... having a child means not too much night life anyway Is it convenient to get to? Or is Lauterbrunnen a better place to base from (planning to tour around and see the gorgeous scenery, maybe some basic/easy hikes etc
Lucerne - can anyone suggest good quality hotels that are reasonably priced for 3? around CHF250 per night
Bellagio - been before so all is good.
Sondrio - staying with family who will also arrange touring around
Florence - looked at SleepinItaly apartment. They seem to have good reviews - any advice?
Assisi - we will not have a car - but will arrive in the afternoon, and leave in the morning ... so is only 2 days here. 1 day for Assisi itself and 1 day to see Spello and Perugia or something similar. A 'down' day if we dont feel like doing much
Rome - again SleepinItaly - near Piazza Navona
Any comments, advice, tips or ideas would be great
Advice on itinerary - Switzerland and Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 White Christmas
- 2 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 3 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 4 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 5 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 6 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 7 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 8 Gift for French business associate
- 9 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 10 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 11 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 12 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 13 Scotland Votes "No"
- 14 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 15 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 16 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 17 Bodrum to instanbul
- 18 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 19 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 20 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 21 Italy tours
- 22 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 23 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 24 Globus Tours
- 25 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?