after reading this forum extensively and much advice, our first trip to Europe last year was a huge success ... and we have decided we are going back.
We is Husband, myself and daughter (who will be 8)
last time we went to Paris, Loire Valley, Provence, Venice, Lake Como, Sondrio, Amalfi Coast, a cruise and Rome ... so we got a bit of an overview.
this time around we want
- to spend longer with the family we have in Sondrio
- to go back to Rome, as last time Rome was at the end and we were completely shattered so there was a lot we missed
- to go to Florence
- to go to Switzerland. We both LOVED the mountains ...
so tentative plan - to go September next year
Fly to Zurich
3 nights Montreux
4 nights Wengen
3 nights Lucerne
3 nights Bellagio
7 nights Sondrio (with family)
4 nights Florence
3 nights Assisi
4 nights Rome
Montreux just to get over the flight and relax. Last time it took a good few days to get over the jet lag so wanted somewhere that we could just chill
Wengen - I understand its a bit quiet at night, but that is fine with us ... having a child means not too much night life anyway Is it convenient to get to? Or is Lauterbrunnen a better place to base from (planning to tour around and see the gorgeous scenery, maybe some basic/easy hikes etc
Lucerne - can anyone suggest good quality hotels that are reasonably priced for 3? around CHF250 per night
Bellagio - been before so all is good.
Sondrio - staying with family who will also arrange touring around
Florence - looked at SleepinItaly apartment. They seem to have good reviews - any advice?
Assisi - we will not have a car - but will arrive in the afternoon, and leave in the morning ... so is only 2 days here. 1 day for Assisi itself and 1 day to see Spello and Perugia or something similar. A 'down' day if we dont feel like doing much
Rome - again SleepinItaly - near Piazza Navona
Any comments, advice, tips or ideas would be great
Advice on itinerary - Switzerland and Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 2 Lavender Fields
- 3 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 4 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 5 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 6 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 7 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 8 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 11 Munich
- 12 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 13 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 14 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 15 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 16 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 17 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 18 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 19 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 20 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 21 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 22 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 23 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 24 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 25 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome