after reading this forum extensively and much advice, our first trip to Europe last year was a huge success ... and we have decided we are going back.
We is Husband, myself and daughter (who will be 8)
last time we went to Paris, Loire Valley, Provence, Venice, Lake Como, Sondrio, Amalfi Coast, a cruise and Rome ... so we got a bit of an overview.
this time around we want
- to spend longer with the family we have in Sondrio
- to go back to Rome, as last time Rome was at the end and we were completely shattered so there was a lot we missed
- to go to Florence
- to go to Switzerland. We both LOVED the mountains ...
so tentative plan - to go September next year
Fly to Zurich
3 nights Montreux
4 nights Wengen
3 nights Lucerne
3 nights Bellagio
7 nights Sondrio (with family)
4 nights Florence
3 nights Assisi
4 nights Rome
Montreux just to get over the flight and relax. Last time it took a good few days to get over the jet lag so wanted somewhere that we could just chill
Wengen - I understand its a bit quiet at night, but that is fine with us ... having a child means not too much night life anyway Is it convenient to get to? Or is Lauterbrunnen a better place to base from (planning to tour around and see the gorgeous scenery, maybe some basic/easy hikes etc
Lucerne - can anyone suggest good quality hotels that are reasonably priced for 3? around CHF250 per night
Bellagio - been before so all is good.
Sondrio - staying with family who will also arrange touring around
Florence - looked at SleepinItaly apartment. They seem to have good reviews - any advice?
Assisi - we will not have a car - but will arrive in the afternoon, and leave in the morning ... so is only 2 days here. 1 day for Assisi itself and 1 day to see Spello and Perugia or something similar. A 'down' day if we dont feel like doing much
Rome - again SleepinItaly - near Piazza Navona
Any comments, advice, tips or ideas would be great
Advice on itinerary - Switzerland and Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 What to wear
- 3 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 4 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 5 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 6 Eating in France-two new books
- 7 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 8 London neighborhood suggestions
- 9 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 10 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 11 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 12 Buying Masks in Venice
- 13 TJ Maxx is selling masks from Venice!
- 14 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 15 Mask Making in Venice
- 16 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 17 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 18 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 19 Fashion for larger man?
- 20 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 21 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 22 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 23 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 24 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 25 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris