after reading this forum extensively and much advice, our first trip to Europe last year was a huge success ... and we have decided we are going back.
We is Husband, myself and daughter (who will be 8)
last time we went to Paris, Loire Valley, Provence, Venice, Lake Como, Sondrio, Amalfi Coast, a cruise and Rome ... so we got a bit of an overview.
this time around we want
- to spend longer with the family we have in Sondrio
- to go back to Rome, as last time Rome was at the end and we were completely shattered so there was a lot we missed
- to go to Florence
- to go to Switzerland. We both LOVED the mountains ...
so tentative plan - to go September next year
Fly to Zurich
3 nights Montreux
4 nights Wengen
3 nights Lucerne
3 nights Bellagio
7 nights Sondrio (with family)
4 nights Florence
3 nights Assisi
4 nights Rome
Montreux just to get over the flight and relax. Last time it took a good few days to get over the jet lag so wanted somewhere that we could just chill
Wengen - I understand its a bit quiet at night, but that is fine with us ... having a child means not too much night life anyway Is it convenient to get to? Or is Lauterbrunnen a better place to base from (planning to tour around and see the gorgeous scenery, maybe some basic/easy hikes etc
Lucerne - can anyone suggest good quality hotels that are reasonably priced for 3? around CHF250 per night
Bellagio - been before so all is good.
Sondrio - staying with family who will also arrange touring around
Florence - looked at SleepinItaly apartment. They seem to have good reviews - any advice?
Assisi - we will not have a car - but will arrive in the afternoon, and leave in the morning ... so is only 2 days here. 1 day for Assisi itself and 1 day to see Spello and Perugia or something similar. A 'down' day if we dont feel like doing much
Rome - again SleepinItaly - near Piazza Navona
Any comments, advice, tips or ideas would be great
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 2 London vacation rental agency
- 3 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 4 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 7 Borghese Gallery Question
- 8 Sim Card
- 9 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 10 Airline to Rome
- 11 Finland around Christmas time?
- 12 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 13 Athens Help
- 14 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 15 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 16 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 17 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 18 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 19 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 20 Transport for local Venice travel
- 21 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 SE ITALY
- 24 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 25 Granada in April; add Malaga?