I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
4 days to kill between Paris & Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I dream of Europe
- 2 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 3 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 4 Ireland or Scotland
- 5 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 6 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 7 Autumn in Paris
- 8 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 9 Weekend in Norfolk
- 10 Athens at New Years
- 11 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 12 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 13 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 14 Cotswold Churches
- 15 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 16 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 17 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 18 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 19 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 20 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 21 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 22 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 23 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 24 London Trip Travel
- 25 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report