I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
4 days to kill between Paris & Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 2 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 3 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 4 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 5 Alhambra questions
- 6 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 7 Hotel in Paris
- 8 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 9 Mont St. Michele?
- 10 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 11 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 12 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 13 Southwestern England
- 14 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 15 Amsterdam with young toddler
- 16 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 17 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 18 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 19 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 20 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 21 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 22 Drone video of the north of the Netherlands
- 23 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 24 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 25 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?