I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
4 days to kill between Paris & Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 2 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 3 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 4 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 5 Day on the Rhine
- 6 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 7 Tasting Cellars in Beaune
- 8 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 9 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 10 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 11 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 12 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 13 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 14 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 15 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 16 Top 5 choices from London
- 17 British Airways Carry-On Luggage - Need Help!
- 18 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 19 Help plan train from Segovia to Toledo
- 20 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 21 Transportation in Paris
- 22 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 23 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 24 Do American College Student IDs work for free museum entrance
- 25 Switzerland - Trip for 8 days with 2 kids (5&3)