I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
4 days to kill between Paris & Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 3 Bike touring in France
- 4 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 5 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 6 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 7 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 8 Does this sound feasible?
- 9 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 10 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 11 Mama Mia Italy!
- 12 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 13 Ireland driving vacation
- 14 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 15 Late night train from Prague
- 16 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 17 Theater in London
- 18 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 19 Tour Group Operators
- 20 Islands in mid October
- 21 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 22 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 23 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 24 Trip to Venice and Athens, with a cruise through Croatia and Greece
- 25 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice