I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna to Salzburg Please Help
- 2 Segovia Hotel
- 3 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 4 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 5 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 6 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 7 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 8 3 Full days in Venice, what would be your itinerary?
- 9 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 10 SIM card in Dublin Airport
- 11 Germany Itinerary
- 12 La Tavola Marche
- 13 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 14 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 15 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 16 Portugal - 2 weeks itinerary critique
- 17 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 18 Dordogne Itinerary
- 19 2 Days in Istanbul
- 20 iPHone 6 use in Paris, with ATT?
- 21 Dreaming of a hiking trip for 2016
- 22 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 23 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 24 Small-group day tours from London?
- 25 Journees du Patrimoine