I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Night Stopover mid September - What to see/do?
- 2 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 3 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 4 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 5 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 6 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 7 Best places for 21 day family vacay w/ 5 year old?
- 8 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 9 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 10 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 11 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 12 8 day outdoorsy Itinerary Help (Lake Geneva, Bernese Oberland)
- 13 First trip to London and Paris, need your comments
- 14 Scotland Highlands
- 15 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 16 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 17 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 18 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 19 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 20 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 21 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 22 Lunch restaurant near Modena Acetias
- 23 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 24 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 25 Rome and Venice in December