I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London's Must Sights!
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 First trip to Italy
- 4 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 5 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 6 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 7 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 8 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 9 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 10 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 11 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 12 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 13 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 14 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 15 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 16 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 17 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 18 4 days in switzerland
- 19 Vienna or Budapest?
- 20 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 21 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 22 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 23 14 nights in Europe
- 24 French immersion courses in France
- 25 Berlin, germany