I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Enticing Iceland - Our week-long trip around the south
- 2 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 3 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 4 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 5 One week in Budapest
- 6 Hungary outside of Budapest
- 7 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 8 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 9 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 10 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 11 Restaurant recommendations Athens
- 12 Sim card in Nice, France
- 13 Malaga resort day pass ?
- 14 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 15 Venice - airport, cruise ship terminal, hotel, & airport taxi question
- 16 Puglia and Matera
- 17 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 18 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 19 Are children really happy in their childhood?
- 20 Venice 2.25 day Itinerary
- 21 Train to Sorrento
- 22 Istabul to Plovdiv--how to get there?
- 23 Train tickets in Europe
- 24 Seafari Boat Tour
- 25 Newbie - seeking any advice