I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
4 days to kill between Paris & Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 2 First Time to UK since 2001
- 3 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 4 Hotels that we found special
- 5 Art in Paris
- 6 Rental car while in Ireland
- 7 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 8 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 9 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 10 Too many Trip Reports
- 11 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 12 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 13 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 14 Great London Bars with a view
- 15 I dream of Europe
- 16 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 17 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 18 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 19 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 20 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 21 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 22 Reykjavik hotels
- 23 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 24 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 25 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!