I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
4 days to kill between Paris & Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Sarlat
- 2 Airb2b in Paris
- 3 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 4 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 5 Venice tourist travel pass
- 6 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 7 4 days in Scotland
- 8 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 9 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 10 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 11 Need help for unforgettable trip in PARIS
- 12 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 13 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 14 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 17 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 18 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 19 malaga to madrid train ?
- 20 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 23 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 24 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 25 Seaplane service