I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
4 days to kill between Paris & Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 2 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 3 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 4 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 5 Hotel in Rome?
- 6 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 7 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 8 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 9 Portugal end of August - Barcelos - clothing?
- 10 Visit to Bath and London england
- 11 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 12 Bus to Vietri Sul Mare?
- 13 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 14 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?
- 15 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 16 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 17 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 18 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 19 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 20 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 21 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 22 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 23 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 24 Favorite hotels
- 25 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?