I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
4 days to kill between Paris & Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Special holiday for hubby, daughter and me
- 2 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 3 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 4 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy
- 5 Trains
- 6 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 7 Airb2b in Paris
- 8 Travel to San Gimignano
- 9 Barcelona Trip- sights? restaurants? day trips?
- 10 Mama Mia…Sagrada Familia Question
- 11 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 12 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 13 Mother Daughter Ireland Trip- need some itinerary advice
- 14 French Countryside (west) with side trip to Puy du Fou
- 15 marbella spain
- 16 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 17 Barcelona restaurants
- 18 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 19 Transposed names on TGV tickets
- 20 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 21 Help. I can't seem to learn new languages at my age. English spoken in Prague, Vienna, and Frankfurt??
- 22 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 23 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 24 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 25 Sicily in seven days