I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
4 days to kill between Paris & Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dusseldorf and Frankfurt
- 2 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 3 My Favorite Farmhouse Vacation
- 4 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 5 4 Months in Europe
- 6 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 7 divento.com
- 8 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 9 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 10 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 11 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 12 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 13 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 14 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 15 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 16 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 17 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 18 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 19 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 20 Airbnb scam
- 21 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 22 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 23 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 24 Tipping in the UK
- 25 Central Europe itinerary