I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help please!
- 2 How big backpack do I need?
- 3 Holiday Itinerary
- 4 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 5 AVE train tickets questions.
- 6 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 7 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 8 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 9 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 10 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 11 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 12 Greece Itinerary
- 13 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 14 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 15 France to stop making foie grois
- 16 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 17 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 18 How much do i need?
- 19 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 20 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 21 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 22 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 23 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 24 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 25 Greece: Final thoughts and pictures (I hope)