I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
4 days to kill between Paris & Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 4 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 7 Story of the German Christmas star
- 8 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 9 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 10 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 11 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 12 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 American Express
- 15 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 16 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 17 Help with European vacation plan
- 18 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 19 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 20 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 21 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 22 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 23 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 Three ferries to Mull