I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 2 Switzerland itinerary help
- 3 Sept. 2016. GTG...possibly 14th-17th
- 4 Renting a car in Florence
- 5 Trains France/Switzerland
- 6 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 7 Charles Degaulle question
- 8 Hammams in Spain
- 9 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 10 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 11 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 12 Train rides
- 13 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 14 Austria
- 15 Where to study abroad in Scandinavia?
- 16 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 17 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 18 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 19 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 20 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 21 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 22 First time in Italy
- 23 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 24 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 25 Cancelling apartment in PARIS