I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 days in southern Italy - best way to visit Pompeii and Naples
- 2 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 3 British Airways hand luggage - how strict are they on measurements?
- 4 South Florida, Transatlantic cruise, Berlin, Gorlitz and Dresden and Poland
- 5 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 6 Cloest Rome train station to FCO
- 7 too many London hotels!
- 8 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
- 9 Our Next Europe Trip
- 10 Suggestions on traveling from Palermo, Sicily to Munich, Germany
- 11 France -2 weeks Itinerary critique
- 12 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 13 Spanish Christmas season traditions
- 14 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 17 Experienced Paris-philes: what neighborhood do you prefer to stay in?
- 18 Hotels in Serbia?
- 19 Can I buy "plus size" clothes in France?
- 20 More help with Ireland Itinerary
- 21 14-16 days - where to fly in/out?
- 22 What to Wear in Scotland
- 23 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 24 transport changes in Prague
- 25 Dirndl Shop Locations