I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Travel Pass for US citizens
- 2 According to the website this brain booster contains
- 3 If Greece exits
- 4 A plethora of islands
- 5 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 6 Is it worth it to add Istanbul to a trip to Greece?
- 7 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 8 Southern Italy Public Transportation?
- 9 Night at MSM or Honfleur?
- 10 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 11 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary
- 12 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 13 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 14 Japan or Italy next spring
- 15 20-day tour arrangement in the UK
- 16 10 days in July-Aug with kids - Switzerland and Italy
- 17 Help required for Germany trip plan
- 18 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 19 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 20 Restaurant / Food suggestions for the Golden Circle
- 21 Lake Maggiore?
- 22 Central/Eastern Italy in September: Help Plan Our Itinerary!
- 23 Eating Our Way Through Paris...Again! Trip Report
- 24 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 25 driving loop in Normandy