I am planning a trip with my girlfriend that has never been to Europe. I have been many times all over western EU, but mainly the big cities and highlights.
We are starting in London, then off to Paris, and ending in on a houseboat in Amsterdam for my big 40th bday. All of which I have done before.
But we do have 4 days to kill between Paris and Amsterdam. I would like to do something new / different. Either as day trips, or as a point to point to point type travel. And seeing as how we are already hitting the big cities, I am open to different / unique ideas. I did a day trip to Epernay from Paris on my last visit, and loved it.
My GF seems to want to see Germany. so maybe some western Germany / Rhine adventures? I have never seen Luxembourg or Bruges....
Bonus points for keeping it inexpensive! we love deals!
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Long weekend in Albania
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 Planning A trip
- 6 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 hill of crosses
- 11 A week in the Occitanie
- 12 Munich and....???
- 13 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 14 Iceland March Itinerary
- 15 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 16 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 17 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 18 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 22 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 23 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 24 Italy June 6-16
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald