I'm a 35 year old male who will be travelling solo for approx two weeks in mid/late September and looking for some help choosing a destination.
I am looking for a 2 week break which incorporates a city where 2 - 3 days can be spent sightseeing and there is a good public transport system as I would like to travel out of the city for a number of days to engage in outdoor pursuits such as hiking, cycling/mountain biking, canoeing or similar and also visit some smaller towns and villages outside of the city.
My thoughts are that I would like to be able to fly into a city stay over night then head out next day to an outlying area do some pursuits and then spend a few days travelling by public transport around small towns and villages in order to see a different side to the country before zooming back to the city to see it and then travel back home. The activities are optional, but I do get bored if I'm not doing something active!
My languages are limited, but I do speak a little French, and even less German and Spanish! - although I'm happy to try any country - not wanting to limit myself to France on the basis of language!
It would be nice if I could go somewhere at this time of year where the weather would at least be normally dry - cold does not bother me, but I would like to avoid rain.
Any suggestions for a country would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Err0r: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :683O YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
- 3 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 4 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 5 First visit to London
- 6 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 7 Route Information
- 8 International drivers permit
- 9 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 10 Paris advice with kids
- 11 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 12 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 13 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 14 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 15 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 16 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 17 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 18 alcazar question and seville advice
- 19 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 20 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 21 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 22 Villa in Italy
- 23 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 24 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 25 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?