I'm a 35 year old male who will be travelling solo for approx two weeks in mid/late September and looking for some help choosing a destination.
I am looking for a 2 week break which incorporates a city where 2 - 3 days can be spent sightseeing and there is a good public transport system as I would like to travel out of the city for a number of days to engage in outdoor pursuits such as hiking, cycling/mountain biking, canoeing or similar and also visit some smaller towns and villages outside of the city.
My thoughts are that I would like to be able to fly into a city stay over night then head out next day to an outlying area do some pursuits and then spend a few days travelling by public transport around small towns and villages in order to see a different side to the country before zooming back to the city to see it and then travel back home. The activities are optional, but I do get bored if I'm not doing something active!
My languages are limited, but I do speak a little French, and even less German and Spanish! - although I'm happy to try any country - not wanting to limit myself to France on the basis of language!
It would be nice if I could go somewhere at this time of year where the weather would at least be normally dry - cold does not bother me, but I would like to avoid rain.
Any suggestions for a country would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 2 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 3 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 4 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 7 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 8 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 9 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Trip Ideas
- 12 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 13 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 16 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 17 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 18 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 21 Spain in July
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 24 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 25 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay