I'm a 35 year old male who will be travelling solo for approx two weeks in mid/late September and looking for some help choosing a destination.
I am looking for a 2 week break which incorporates a city where 2 - 3 days can be spent sightseeing and there is a good public transport system as I would like to travel out of the city for a number of days to engage in outdoor pursuits such as hiking, cycling/mountain biking, canoeing or similar and also visit some smaller towns and villages outside of the city.
My thoughts are that I would like to be able to fly into a city stay over night then head out next day to an outlying area do some pursuits and then spend a few days travelling by public transport around small towns and villages in order to see a different side to the country before zooming back to the city to see it and then travel back home. The activities are optional, but I do get bored if I'm not doing something active!
My languages are limited, but I do speak a little French, and even less German and Spanish! - although I'm happy to try any country - not wanting to limit myself to France on the basis of language!
It would be nice if I could go somewhere at this time of year where the weather would at least be normally dry - cold does not bother me, but I would like to avoid rain.
Any suggestions for a country would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Outlook@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 3 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 4 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 7 Renting a car in Greece
- 8 Iceland france spain
- 9 Ex-pats with young kids
- 10 Maximizing Norway time
- 11 Greece
- 12 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 13 southeast sicily town as home base
- 14 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 17 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 18 London with Teens Trip Report
- 19 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 20 Top Tapas Tascas
- 21 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 24 Iceland car rental agencies
- 25 Ludwig Castles