I'm a 35 year old male who will be travelling solo for approx two weeks in mid/late September and looking for some help choosing a destination.
I am looking for a 2 week break which incorporates a city where 2 - 3 days can be spent sightseeing and there is a good public transport system as I would like to travel out of the city for a number of days to engage in outdoor pursuits such as hiking, cycling/mountain biking, canoeing or similar and also visit some smaller towns and villages outside of the city.
My thoughts are that I would like to be able to fly into a city stay over night then head out next day to an outlying area do some pursuits and then spend a few days travelling by public transport around small towns and villages in order to see a different side to the country before zooming back to the city to see it and then travel back home. The activities are optional, but I do get bored if I'm not doing something active!
My languages are limited, but I do speak a little French, and even less German and Spanish! - although I'm happy to try any country - not wanting to limit myself to France on the basis of language!
It would be nice if I could go somewhere at this time of year where the weather would at least be normally dry - cold does not bother me, but I would like to avoid rain.
Any suggestions for a country would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 2 2 days in Florence
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 7 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 8 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 9 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 10 base for Andalucia
- 11 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 14 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 15 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 16 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 17 Windsor Castle
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 24 4 nights in Sardinia
- 25 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?