I'm a 35 year old male who will be travelling solo for approx two weeks in mid/late September and looking for some help choosing a destination.
I am looking for a 2 week break which incorporates a city where 2 - 3 days can be spent sightseeing and there is a good public transport system as I would like to travel out of the city for a number of days to engage in outdoor pursuits such as hiking, cycling/mountain biking, canoeing or similar and also visit some smaller towns and villages outside of the city.
My thoughts are that I would like to be able to fly into a city stay over night then head out next day to an outlying area do some pursuits and then spend a few days travelling by public transport around small towns and villages in order to see a different side to the country before zooming back to the city to see it and then travel back home. The activities are optional, but I do get bored if I'm not doing something active!
My languages are limited, but I do speak a little French, and even less German and Spanish! - although I'm happy to try any country - not wanting to limit myself to France on the basis of language!
It would be nice if I could go somewhere at this time of year where the weather would at least be normally dry - cold does not bother me, but I would like to avoid rain.
Any suggestions for a country would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba Overnight?
- 2 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 3 Dublin Leap Card
- 4 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 5 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 6 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 7 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 8 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 9 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 10 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 11 Suggestions on exploring Dublin only for 4 days
- 12 Garda Land
- 13 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 14 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 15 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 16 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 17 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 18 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 19 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 20 mountain views near London
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 23 2 weeks Europe trip
- 24 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 25 Need Help with German Train Schedule