My husband and I are looking to get the best bang for our buck in Europe in Sept. 2012. Where would be a good central city in Italy to travel from? We were thinking of renting an apt. so we could jump around. Do you suggest a bus tour? Friends of ours did this and enjoyed very much, but I worry about car sickness. Is it prudent to get a car? What is a good rate/wk for an apartment by owner?
1st time in Europe - Best Bang for your Buck
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 2 How to make this adventure work?
- 3 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 4 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 5 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 6 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 7 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 8 where to stay in Germany
- 9 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 10 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 11 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 12 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 13 Majorca - where to stay?
- 14 Basel - Day Trip
- 15 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 16 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 17 Spending money in Italy?
- 18 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 19 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 20 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 21 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 22 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 23 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 24 I went to Paris in June
- 25 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe