You have always given the best advice on prior trips ...so seeking your guidance yet again!
I have booked a round trip flight to Madrid from NY in mid May. I will be traveling with hubby and two daughters (2 and 5 years old). Hubby and I have been to Spain before but without the kids. My girls have traveled extensively with us (event the 2 year old) and we would really like to do a road trip focused on the southern parts of Spain. Also, is it even possible to squeeze in Portugal as part of this trip?
My dream itinerary would be as follows:
Madrid - Salamanca - Porto - Lisbon - Faro - Seville - Ronda - Granada - Cordoba - Toledo - Madrid !!
I am sure you will agree that is a bit far fetched for 2 weeks with kids in tow. What cities should I really focus on? Our kids do well in the car...and a driving stretch of upto 4 hrs every other day should be fine. Also,we love outdoorsy stuff like hiking and beaches etc.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 really AOL Customer Support Number @(1800-681-7208)@AOL%tech
- 2 Iceland france spain
- 3 Paris hotel
- 4 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 5 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 6 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 7 Spanish food - not that special?
- 8 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 9 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 10 Maximizing Norway time
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 13 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 14 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 15 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 16 Renting a car in Greece
- 17 Ex-pats with young kids
- 18 Greece
- 19 southeast sicily town as home base
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 22 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 23 London with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 25 Top Tapas Tascas