You have always given the best advice on prior trips ...so seeking your guidance yet again!
I have booked a round trip flight to Madrid from NY in mid May. I will be traveling with hubby and two daughters (2 and 5 years old). Hubby and I have been to Spain before but without the kids. My girls have traveled extensively with us (event the 2 year old) and we would really like to do a road trip focused on the southern parts of Spain. Also, is it even possible to squeeze in Portugal as part of this trip?
My dream itinerary would be as follows:
Madrid - Salamanca - Porto - Lisbon - Faro - Seville - Ronda - Granada - Cordoba - Toledo - Madrid !!
I am sure you will agree that is a bit far fetched for 2 weeks with kids in tow. What cities should I really focus on? Our kids do well in the car...and a driving stretch of upto 4 hrs every other day should be fine. Also,we love outdoorsy stuff like hiking and beaches etc.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Moving to Italy
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 Spain in July
- 6 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 7 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 10 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 11 Planning an independent tour of UK mid-2017
- 12 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 13 Swiss Travel Pass
- 14 BritRail pass - 1st or 2nd class?
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 18 Athens
- 19 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 20 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 21 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Where to enjoy Paris
- 24 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 25 10 days in Paris and......