This will be my first time traveling in Europe. I have a 12 hour layover in Milan (unfortunately in the middle of the night) before flying home to NYC. I was thinking about changing my flight to a couple days later and seeing the city and perhaps a trip to Venice or Florence. Since I've never done this, is changing flights like that pretty easy to do? What's the best way to go about that? If I had to choose one... Florence or Venice?
Thanks for any insight and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 2 Venice/Mestre
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 6 Our future trip to Greece
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 Russia in two weeks in December
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Christmas Day in Granada
- 11 car insurance italy
- 12 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 13 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 14 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Spanish Medical Providers
- 17 Transylvania - June 2018
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Krakow
- 22 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 23 Quizz !
- 24 Pay attention to your watches !
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
12 hour layover in Milan, thinking of changing flight home to extend stay