This will be my first time traveling in Europe. I have a 12 hour layover in Milan (unfortunately in the middle of the night) before flying home to NYC. I was thinking about changing my flight to a couple days later and seeing the city and perhaps a trip to Venice or Florence. Since I've never done this, is changing flights like that pretty easy to do? What's the best way to go about that? If I had to choose one... Florence or Venice?
Thanks for any insight and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 6 Cascais or Algarve?
- 7 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 8 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 9 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 10 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 11 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 12 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 13 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 14 Azores
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 17 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 18 Scotland in 7 Days
- 19 Short Trip in July
- 20 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 21 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 24 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 25 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
12 hour layover in Milan, thinking of changing flight home to extend stay