Hi all! My cousin and I are hoping to go to Spain and Portugal in October for ten days. The plan is to go to Lisbon and either Madrid or Barcelona. I've looked into airfare and it's quite expensive. Originally I thought we'd fly one-way into Spain or Portugal and then one-way back to the USA but it's very expensive to do one-way flights as opposed to a RT USA-Madrid or USA-Lisbon. One solution I thought would be to book a RT USA-Madrid or USA-Barcelona and then in the middle of the ten days spend 3-4 days in Portugal by traveling RT air from the Spain city we choose to go to. Would it be time consuming/vacation-wasting time to try to do this? It just seems like a hassle to have to fly back and forth to Portugal from Spain and I don't want to waste sightseeing time. Thanks!
10 days in Lisbon and Madrid or Barcelona
- 1 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 2 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 3 Trip Report: 10 day trip (with lots of pictures!)
- 4 Best area to stay in Rome
- 5 Paris Ticket t+
- 6 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 7 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 8 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 9 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 10 Finding Somene to Share the Cost of Car Rental with Driver to Tour Southern Tusacany in Mid Oct 2013
- 11 river cruise choice
- 12 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 13 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 14 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 15 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 16 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 17 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 18 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 19 Train Passes
- 20 Rome apartment
- 21 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 22 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 23 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 24 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 25 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!