Hi all! My cousin and I are hoping to go to Spain and Portugal in October for ten days. The plan is to go to Lisbon and either Madrid or Barcelona. I've looked into airfare and it's quite expensive. Originally I thought we'd fly one-way into Spain or Portugal and then one-way back to the USA but it's very expensive to do one-way flights as opposed to a RT USA-Madrid or USA-Lisbon. One solution I thought would be to book a RT USA-Madrid or USA-Barcelona and then in the middle of the ten days spend 3-4 days in Portugal by traveling RT air from the Spain city we choose to go to. Would it be time consuming/vacation-wasting time to try to do this? It just seems like a hassle to have to fly back and forth to Portugal from Spain and I don't want to waste sightseeing time. Thanks!
10 days in Lisbon and Madrid or Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 2 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 3 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 4 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 9 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 10 history museums or locations
- 11 Italy dolomites
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 22 year olds in Europe
- 14 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 15 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 16 Good times in Munich, the city
- 17 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 18 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 19 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 20 Cylades Island Hopping
- 21 One week in Spain, late May
- 22 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 23 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 24 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 25 Day roadtrips from Munich base