Hi all! My cousin and I are hoping to go to Spain and Portugal in October for ten days. The plan is to go to Lisbon and either Madrid or Barcelona. I've looked into airfare and it's quite expensive. Originally I thought we'd fly one-way into Spain or Portugal and then one-way back to the USA but it's very expensive to do one-way flights as opposed to a RT USA-Madrid or USA-Lisbon. One solution I thought would be to book a RT USA-Madrid or USA-Barcelona and then in the middle of the ten days spend 3-4 days in Portugal by traveling RT air from the Spain city we choose to go to. Would it be time consuming/vacation-wasting time to try to do this? It just seems like a hassle to have to fly back and forth to Portugal from Spain and I don't want to waste sightseeing time. Thanks!
10 days in Lisbon and Madrid or Barcelona
View all Europe activity »
- 1 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 2 2 Week European Itinerary
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 TGV and Provence questions
- 6 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 7 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 8 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 9 Channel Islands
- 10 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 11 Dresden Train Station
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Family European winter holiday
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 20 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 23 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 24 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 25 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?