I saw another post where Doug_Stallings was helpful on this topic, but our situation is a little different. I am hopeful he, and other Fodorites will be helpful as usual.
Our cruise, operated by Louis Cruises, will dock in Kusadasi, Turkey and offers a tour of Ephesus. We have NOT yet booked the tour and are considering hiring a taxi and doing our own tour.
We emailed Louis Cruises and asked them if we needed a Turkish visa and they replied that we do not since we are going Pireas to Pireas. Does anyone know if this applies only if we take the cruise line sponsored tour? Or would it still apply if we hired our own taxi?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/avalure-anti-aging-face-cream/
- 2 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 3 Caribbean Update
- 4 Touring on your own with Viking River Cruise
- 5 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 6 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 7 A Transatlantic including Boston/NYC/Bermuda/Nassau and Miami
- 8 There IS a difference between a travel and cruise agent..
- 9 One way cruise to Europe from FL
- 10 The Baltic - When itinerary means everything
- 11 Windstar Sea Breeze
- 12 river cruises what do you love
- 13 Rhine River Cruise with AMAwaterways
- 14 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 15 NYC Tour before cruise
- 16 UNIWORLD River Beatrice Budapest to Prague
- 17 Pre-cruise hotel
- 18 port excursion recommendations
- 19 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 20 Caribbean in 17/18
- 21 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 22 Cruises Only - Be careful
- 23 Dietary requests
- 24 Panama Canal - 7-9 days
- 25 Crusing Cape Town to Singapore...need help