I saw another post where Doug_Stallings was helpful on this topic, but our situation is a little different. I am hopeful he, and other Fodorites will be helpful as usual.
Our cruise, operated by Louis Cruises, will dock in Kusadasi, Turkey and offers a tour of Ephesus. We have NOT yet booked the tour and are considering hiring a taxi and doing our own tour.
We emailed Louis Cruises and asked them if we needed a Turkish visa and they replied that we do not since we are going Pireas to Pireas. Does anyone know if this applies only if we take the cruise line sponsored tour? Or would it still apply if we hired our own taxi?
Turkish Visa for Kusadasi (Louis Cruise)
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 2 Nasca flight in Pisco
- 3 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 4 Alaska
- 5 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 6 Silversea the BEST
- 7 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 8 Mediterranean cruise
- 9 Civitavecchia port to rail
- 10 Finding a private tour guide for Tunis/Carthage
- 11 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 12 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 13 Celebrity Solstice Nov.2012--Dubai/Singapore- Re visa for India??
- 14 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 15 Steep cruise discounts
- 16 transfers in Venice
- 17 Halloween cruise on Enchantment of the Sea
- 18 Experience on Noordam of Holland America
- 19 Short luxury cruise
- 20 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 21 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 22 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 23 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 24 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC
- 25 Halong Bay Cruise Review: Violet from Heritage Lines