I saw another post where Doug_Stallings was helpful on this topic, but our situation is a little different. I am hopeful he, and other Fodorites will be helpful as usual.
Our cruise, operated by Louis Cruises, will dock in Kusadasi, Turkey and offers a tour of Ephesus. We have NOT yet booked the tour and are considering hiring a taxi and doing our own tour.
We emailed Louis Cruises and asked them if we needed a Turkish visa and they replied that we do not since we are going Pireas to Pireas. Does anyone know if this applies only if we take the cruise line sponsored tour? Or would it still apply if we hired our own taxi?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 2 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 3 Hello, San Juan and Jewel Of The Seas
- 4 Virgin to build cruise ships.
- 5 How do you decide if you would lie a cruise?
- 6 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
- 7 Sunshine, On A Cloudy Day
- 8 Transportation from airport to Manhattan hotels
- 9 Prague to Budapest with Tauck in May, 2016
- 10 MSC splendida
- 11 Shore excursions Alaskan inside passage
- 12 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 13 Cruise Mate- last minute, 33 days from San Diego
- 14 Trip insurance
- 15 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 16 World Cruises - Preference and Discounts
- 17 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 18 Shore excursions
- 19 Looking for cruise mate for S. Caribbean cruise
- 20 Western Caribbean excursions?
- 21 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 22 Beds on GCT river cruise ships (European)
- 23 Need suggestions Caribbean cruise
- 24 My first river cruise 12-2017
- 25 Cabin Question for Emerald Princess