I saw another post where Doug_Stallings was helpful on this topic, but our situation is a little different. I am hopeful he, and other Fodorites will be helpful as usual.
Our cruise, operated by Louis Cruises, will dock in Kusadasi, Turkey and offers a tour of Ephesus. We have NOT yet booked the tour and are considering hiring a taxi and doing our own tour.
We emailed Louis Cruises and asked them if we needed a Turkish visa and they replied that we do not since we are going Pireas to Pireas. Does anyone know if this applies only if we take the cruise line sponsored tour? Or would it still apply if we hired our own taxi?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Carnival Vista, Cruisers Log.. Star Date 24.05.2016 AD
- 2 Avoid Crowds on Greek Cruise
- 3 Sources for finding last minute deals on cruises from Seattle to Alaska?
- 4 Juneau excursions Alaska Cruise
- 5 Family First Timers
- 6 alaska cruise
- 7 Cruise Port in Livorno - Day Trip to Pisa and Lucca
- 8 Cruise to Hawaii from the mianland
- 9 One-way cruise to Alaska June 2016
- 10 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 11 We finally made up our minds...
- 12 Sailing On A Vista
- 13 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 14 Princess vs. Norwegian
- 15 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 16 Viking Ocean Cruise nightmare
- 17 The Cruise to pick to go this June
- 18 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 19 How to plan 1 day in Copenhagen
- 20 Mediterranean cruise on celebrity constellation
- 21 Oasis Lite: Review of Navigator of the Seas
- 22 one way or R/T to Alaska on Princesss
- 23 Baltic Cruise in June
- 24 Alaska cruise excursions tips & logistics help
- 25 MSC Divina