I saw another post where Doug_Stallings was helpful on this topic, but our situation is a little different. I am hopeful he, and other Fodorites will be helpful as usual.
Our cruise, operated by Louis Cruises, will dock in Kusadasi, Turkey and offers a tour of Ephesus. We have NOT yet booked the tour and are considering hiring a taxi and doing our own tour.
We emailed Louis Cruises and asked them if we needed a Turkish visa and they replied that we do not since we are going Pireas to Pireas. Does anyone know if this applies only if we take the cruise line sponsored tour? Or would it still apply if we hired our own taxi?
Turkish Visa for Kusadasi (Louis Cruise)
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Do NOT cruise with NCL unless...
- 2 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 3 Spain Monaco & Italy with Britannia 11 April 2015 (15 nights)
- 4 Pearl Seas River cruises
- 5 Considering European river cruise?
- 6 Alaska Soutbound: Coral Princess or Zaandam?
- 7 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 8 Alaska Cruise Tour Royal Carribean or Princess
- 9 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 10 Help with Glacier days on Alaskan cruise
- 11 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 12 Formal dress required?
- 13 Main stage shows on the Getaway
- 14 River Cruising
- 15 Assult on Golden Princess
- 16 Review of Trip on Nat Geo Explorer - Antarctica,So. Georgia, and Falklands
- 17 Fredericia, Denmark - one day car rental ?
- 18 discount travel agents
- 19 Scuba diving in Nassau or Freeport? Is Atlantis worth the $$$
- 20 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 21 Barge cruises in France
- 22 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 23 Another cruise with GD, a little yea!
- 24 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 25 Cruise Planners Credit Card Data Breech