I saw another post where Doug_Stallings was helpful on this topic, but our situation is a little different. I am hopeful he, and other Fodorites will be helpful as usual.
Our cruise, operated by Louis Cruises, will dock in Kusadasi, Turkey and offers a tour of Ephesus. We have NOT yet booked the tour and are considering hiring a taxi and doing our own tour.
We emailed Louis Cruises and asked them if we needed a Turkish visa and they replied that we do not since we are going Pireas to Pireas. Does anyone know if this applies only if we take the cruise line sponsored tour? Or would it still apply if we hired our own taxi?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Santiago to Buenos Aires on the Sun in March 2016.
- 2 Quiet in the Forum
- 3 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 4 Royal Princess 21 Days western Mediterranean and Greek Isles
- 5 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 6 inoculations
- 7 What is "roll call" on Cruise Critic?
- 8 St Petersburg & Scandinavian Gems
- 9 Best Luxury Cruise to Greek Islands?
- 10 November Mediterranean Cruise
- 11 Scenic River Cruise USA Pricing Discrimination
- 12 Viking River Cruise Accident, Two Crew Killed
- 13 Ncl Jewel falling apart?
- 14 Alaska Cruise
- 15 Celebrity Reflection - December 31st 2016
- 16 expedition-style cruising to Antarctica
- 17 Princess vs. Norwegian
- 18 Worse Cruise Experience On Holland America Eurodam
- 19 Decision on May 2017 Alaska Cruise
- 20 New Zealand: Recommendations for shore excursions
- 21 Formal nights
- 22 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 23 Cruise the North West Passage
- 24 European River Cruises - strategy
- 25 Costa shore excursions