I saw another post where Doug_Stallings was helpful on this topic, but our situation is a little different. I am hopeful he, and other Fodorites will be helpful as usual.
Our cruise, operated by Louis Cruises, will dock in Kusadasi, Turkey and offers a tour of Ephesus. We have NOT yet booked the tour and are considering hiring a taxi and doing our own tour.
We emailed Louis Cruises and asked them if we needed a Turkish visa and they replied that we do not since we are going Pireas to Pireas. Does anyone know if this applies only if we take the cruise line sponsored tour? Or would it still apply if we hired our own taxi?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 La Pinta or Santa Cruz II - Galapagos
- 2 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 3 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 4 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 5 Alaska Cruise
- 6 Going!
- 7 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 8 Ist time cruiser on Carnival Liberty Bahamas
- 9 Viking cruise in early October
- 10 Trip insurance
- 11 Husband is a green card holder
- 12 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 13 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 14 Virgin to build cruise ships.
- 15 Hello, San Juan and Jewel Of The Seas
- 16 Clothes for Baltic cruise
- 17 Sunshine, On A Cloudy Day
- 18 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 19 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 20 How do you decide if you would lie a cruise?
- 21 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
- 22 Transportation from airport to Manhattan hotels
- 23 Prague to Budapest with Tauck in May, 2016
- 24 MSC splendida
- 25 Shore excursions Alaskan inside passage