I saw another post where Doug_Stallings was helpful on this topic, but our situation is a little different. I am hopeful he, and other Fodorites will be helpful as usual.
Our cruise, operated by Louis Cruises, will dock in Kusadasi, Turkey and offers a tour of Ephesus. We have NOT yet booked the tour and are considering hiring a taxi and doing our own tour.
We emailed Louis Cruises and asked them if we needed a Turkish visa and they replied that we do not since we are going Pireas to Pireas. Does anyone know if this applies only if we take the cruise line sponsored tour? Or would it still apply if we hired our own taxi?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Holiday Cruising with a toddler
- 2 European River Cruises - strategy
- 3 BEWARE OF VIKING RIVER CRUISES!
- 4 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 5 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 6 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 7 European River Cruise Itineraries and Companies
- 8 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 9 tips on disney cruises
- 10 MSN made me so angry!!!
- 11 Baggage storage before cruise
- 12 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 13 RCCL, Independence of the Seas, Yea!
- 14 Quiet in the Forum
- 15 RIP FLL shooting Victims
- 16 Cruise ports in Northern Africa
- 17 Dry bag solution for Antarctica
- 18 Travel Agent recommendation
- 19 Viking Switzerland to the North Sea
- 20 Cunard vs. Oceania
- 21 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 22 One day before cruise from Fort Lauderdale, any attraction recommendation
- 23 Carnival tour to Sayulita?
- 24 Season's Greetings
- 25 RCCL went from great to poor