I saw another post where Doug_Stallings was helpful on this topic, but our situation is a little different. I am hopeful he, and other Fodorites will be helpful as usual.
Our cruise, operated by Louis Cruises, will dock in Kusadasi, Turkey and offers a tour of Ephesus. We have NOT yet booked the tour and are considering hiring a taxi and doing our own tour.
We emailed Louis Cruises and asked them if we needed a Turkish visa and they replied that we do not since we are going Pireas to Pireas. Does anyone know if this applies only if we take the cruise line sponsored tour? Or would it still apply if we hired our own taxi?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Smaller ship recommendations for Greek Islands
- 2 Cruise the North West Passage
- 3 Cruising New Zealand?
- 4 Trip Report: Alaska Cruise on a Budget, Local Eating / Shopping in Port
- 5 tips for first cruisers
- 6 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 7 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 8 British Passport Validity
- 9 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 10 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 11 European River Cruises - strategy
- 12 Alaskan cruise
- 13 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 14 Excursion Shore
- 15 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 16 Time in ports?
- 17 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 18 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 19 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 20 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 21 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 22 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 23 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 24 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 25 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?