My boyfriend and I are going to Puerto Rico this coming November (probably over Thanksgiving) and were looking for some advice. Where should we stay? I would love to just lounge on the beach all day but I know he will need something more stimulating (shopping, museums, biking, hiking etc.). We both love good food and drink so it would be nice to be within walking distance to great restaurants and bars. We are thinking of staying in a BnB or someplace that has a kitchen so we can save some money by not going out for all of our meals. I heard that Isla Verde has the best beaches, how are the restaurants around there? One thing that I do not want to miss is the bioluminescent bay. How hard is it to get there?
Is it safe? I heard that the economic climate right now is making Puerto Rico an unsafe place to travel. I also heard that a lot of shops are closed. Is that true? I've wanted to go for years but I'm worried by what I've heard from friends.
Any advice would be great!! (Or if you have ideas on any other island/country that would be fairly inexpensive to travel to from DC)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 2 Move to grand cayman
- 3 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 4 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 5 Malaria Punta Cana
- 6 aruba planning advice
- 7 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 8 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 9 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 10 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 11 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 12 New Destination
- 13 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 14 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 15 Bahamas help
- 16 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 17 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 18 Vacation suggestion, please
- 19 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 20 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 21 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 22 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 23 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 24 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 25 Transfer from Havana to Varadero