My boyfriend and I are going to Puerto Rico this coming November (probably over Thanksgiving) and were looking for some advice. Where should we stay? I would love to just lounge on the beach all day but I know he will need something more stimulating (shopping, museums, biking, hiking etc.). We both love good food and drink so it would be nice to be within walking distance to great restaurants and bars. We are thinking of staying in a BnB or someplace that has a kitchen so we can save some money by not going out for all of our meals. I heard that Isla Verde has the best beaches, how are the restaurants around there? One thing that I do not want to miss is the bioluminescent bay. How hard is it to get there?
Is it safe? I heard that the economic climate right now is making Puerto Rico an unsafe place to travel. I also heard that a lot of shops are closed. Is that true? I've wanted to go for years but I'm worried by what I've heard from friends.
Any advice would be great!! (Or if you have ideas on any other island/country that would be fairly inexpensive to travel to from DC)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 2 Which Caribbean island?
- 3 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 4 PR or USVI
- 5 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 6 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 7 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 8 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 9 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 10 5 days in Havana
- 11 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 12 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 13 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 14 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 15 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 16 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 17 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 18 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 19 Scrub Island Resort
- 20 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 21 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 22 Wedding Destinations???
- 23 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 24 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 25 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11