My boyfriend and I are going to Puerto Rico this coming November (probably over Thanksgiving) and were looking for some advice. Where should we stay? I would love to just lounge on the beach all day but I know he will need something more stimulating (shopping, museums, biking, hiking etc.). We both love good food and drink so it would be nice to be within walking distance to great restaurants and bars. We are thinking of staying in a BnB or someplace that has a kitchen so we can save some money by not going out for all of our meals. I heard that Isla Verde has the best beaches, how are the restaurants around there? One thing that I do not want to miss is the bioluminescent bay. How hard is it to get there?
Is it safe? I heard that the economic climate right now is making Puerto Rico an unsafe place to travel. I also heard that a lot of shops are closed. Is that true? I've wanted to go for years but I'm worried by what I've heard from friends.
Any advice would be great!! (Or if you have ideas on any other island/country that would be fairly inexpensive to travel to from DC)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 4 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 5 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 6 Turks and caicos
- 7 St.Lucia newbie
- 8 Aruba weather
- 9 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 10 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 11 Turks and caicos
- 12 Cruise stop activities
- 13 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 14 Jade Mountain
- 15 Honeymoon Help!!
- 16 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 17 Bermuda
- 18 Restaurant Suggestions
- 19 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 20 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 21 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 22 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 23 Taxi info. Self touring
- 24 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 25 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort