best beach location to stay

Old Oct 6th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best beach location to stay

I am looking for a nice hotel or condo type lodging--around #300/night on a beach--near other activities/city to walk/hiking, etc.--not isolated--I am starting my research--but there seems to be so many areas to choose from. Help.
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

I left one out important piece---I am asking about Puerto Rico.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 12:46 PM

Depending on when you're going the Courtyard Isla Verde in San Juan can be under $300 per night. There aren't a lot of condo-style places in Puerto Rico. Lots of simple paradores or apartment-style small hotels on beaches, but not close to San Juan. The one thing I can tell you is that San Juan itself is particularly overpriced.
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Hotels would be OK, too. My biggest question is which area to stay in. Should we be just east of San Juan--I noticed there is a Marriott there---or southwest Puerto Rico? We aren't the type who will just stay at the resort all day, but we also don't want to pack up and change hotels--so we want somewhere where we can take in beach (hotel must be on beach), but also be near a town, history, culture, Ihiking, etc. I done read up on it a bit, but am still not sure of which area is best to stay in.
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 10:20 AM

San Juan most closely meets your requirements as the Rain Forest is less than an hour away + you'll have old San Juan to explore. Personnally I am partial to Rincon. Take a look @ www.rincon.org or www.rinconpr.com.