looking for advice for our next short 4 night vacation Looking for stunning beaches, turquoise water, close proximity to town with lots of great restaurant options, not all inclusive/casino type hotel and not overcrowded beaches, nice 4 star hotel thats clean and in a great location. we have been to St. John's and loved it for the awesome downtown and beautiful beaches but deep water, Aruba and not huge fans for the overcrowded and not very nice beach/water, Eleuthera was beautiful but too deserted, Cabo was great for the variety of restaurants and beautiful hotel and close proximity to home, but bad beaches/sand. Loved St Martin, disliked DR, Loved Anguilla but a little too deserted, Nassau to boring/plain and not a good downtown. Disliked Tortola - too rundown, Cancun too many crazy people. Hope that gives you a sense of what we like. Laid back, love to eat out at nice restaurants and have a few drinks at bars after, lounge at pool and beach in nice beach chairs under shade from sunrise to sunset. Not into a lot of activities since this will be a short visit. Both flights get in around 1pm so that's great. sept/oct timeframe. Price, Caymans Westin right now is $2,200 for 2 which includes flight hotel transfer and tax. Ritz at Cayman is $3,000 which we might splurge and do if you recommend that over T&C's. Turks Sands and Grace Bay is cheap, hotel flights transfers and tax for studio ocean view is $2,100. Not wanting to spend much more than that since it's short and we have meals and drinks to buy. what do you all think?
Westin Grand Cayman or Sands at Grace Bay Turks and Caicos
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 50+ where to dance?
- 2 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 3 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 4 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 5 dominican republic
- 6 Summer family vacation
- 7 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 8 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 9 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 10 St Martin
- 11 Florida or caribbean
- 12 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 13 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 14 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 15 Resort villa suggestions
- 16 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 17 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 18 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 19 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 20 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 21 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 22 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 23 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 24 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 25 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!