looking for advice for our next short 4 night vacation Looking for stunning beaches, turquoise water, close proximity to town with lots of great restaurant options, not all inclusive/casino type hotel and not overcrowded beaches, nice 4 star hotel thats clean and in a great location. we have been to St. John's and loved it for the awesome downtown and beautiful beaches but deep water, Aruba and not huge fans for the overcrowded and not very nice beach/water, Eleuthera was beautiful but too deserted, Cabo was great for the variety of restaurants and beautiful hotel and close proximity to home, but bad beaches/sand. Loved St Martin, disliked DR, Loved Anguilla but a little too deserted, Nassau to boring/plain and not a good downtown. Disliked Tortola - too rundown, Cancun too many crazy people. Hope that gives you a sense of what we like. Laid back, love to eat out at nice restaurants and have a few drinks at bars after, lounge at pool and beach in nice beach chairs under shade from sunrise to sunset. Not into a lot of activities since this will be a short visit. Both flights get in around 1pm so that's great. sept/oct timeframe. Price, Caymans Westin right now is $2,200 for 2 which includes flight hotel transfer and tax. Ritz at Cayman is $3,000 which we might splurge and do if you recommend that over T&C's. Turks Sands and Grace Bay is cheap, hotel flights transfers and tax for studio ocean view is $2,100. Not wanting to spend much more than that since it's short and we have meals and drinks to buy. what do you all think?
Westin Grand Cayman or Sands at Grace Bay Turks and Caicos
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 2 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 3 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 4 Jamaica
- 5 Jamaica all inclusive
- 6 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 7 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 8 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 9 Cuba Opening Up
- 10 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 11 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 12 Why Barbados?
- 13 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 14 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 15 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 16 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 17 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 18 Just back from The Somerset
- 19 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 20 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 21 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 22 Sandals Resorts
- 23 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 24 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 25 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!