I am looking at a quick celebratory getaway for 4 days, 3 nights to a beach destination near the East Coast with my spouse. Turks and Caicos Islands caught my eye on this forum due to its rave reviews by all who have been there. The turquoise blue waters do appear amazing!
I have some questions:
(a) Is it suitable as a quick getaway (Thursday to Sunday)? That's the most we will be able to take in terms of time off. It's closer to the US East Coast, so I was thinking of this over Aruba or other Caribbean destinations.
(b) We are able to make the trip only in the second week of August. Is it a bad idea to travel to the islands during this time due to hurricane season? I read about travel insurance on another posting. Is it worth it for August?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 2 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 3 Resort Recommendations
- 4 Travel Advice Needed
- 5 Puerto Plata
- 6 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 7 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 8 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 9 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR
- 10 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 11 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 12 Transportation to Exuma
- 13 Nassau temp late Jan
- 14 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 15 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 16 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 17 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)
- 18 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
- 19 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 20 West Coast US and Carribean
- 21 Hotel Suggestion in Puerto Plata
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Can acouple travel to Havana for 3 or 4 days legally as tourists??
- 24 20 Somethings on a Budget
- 25 St. John USVI