I am looking at a quick celebratory getaway for 4 days, 3 nights to a beach destination near the East Coast with my spouse. Turks and Caicos Islands caught my eye on this forum due to its rave reviews by all who have been there. The turquoise blue waters do appear amazing!
I have some questions:
(a) Is it suitable as a quick getaway (Thursday to Sunday)? That's the most we will be able to take in terms of time off. It's closer to the US East Coast, so I was thinking of this over Aruba or other Caribbean destinations.
(b) We are able to make the trip only in the second week of August. Is it a bad idea to travel to the islands during this time due to hurricane season? I read about travel insurance on another posting. Is it worth it for August?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Barbados or st Martin that's the dilemma
- 2 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 3 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 4 The formula effortlessly helps to restore
- 5 CHOOSING BETWEEN 3 RESORTS, HELP!
- 6 Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico or Aruba
- 7 Cuba tour companies
- 8 Snorkeling Grand Cayman
- 9 Where to stay in Puerto Rico?
- 10 Weather in Nov
- 11 Virgin Gorda with Kids
- 12 Fishing for ideas
- 13 If you heard about the Weight Loss System
- 14 Spring Break trip to Cuba with our kids
- 15 Travel Insurance
- 16 First time cruiser to USVI
- 17 Cuba
- 18 Affordable Eats & Drinks - which Islands?
- 19 Restaurants in Aruba
- 20 long enough layover in SJU?
- 21 The Color of the Water
- 22 Confused what to chose
- 23 Bermuda in Late August
- 24 Anguilla Air Express - still in business?
- 25 Travel from St. Martin to St. Thomas