I am looking at a quick celebratory getaway for 4 days, 3 nights to a beach destination near the East Coast with my spouse. Turks and Caicos Islands caught my eye on this forum due to its rave reviews by all who have been there. The turquoise blue waters do appear amazing!
I have some questions:
(a) Is it suitable as a quick getaway (Thursday to Sunday)? That's the most we will be able to take in terms of time off. It's closer to the US East Coast, so I was thinking of this over Aruba or other Caribbean destinations.
(b) We are able to make the trip only in the second week of August. Is it a bad idea to travel to the islands during this time due to hurricane season? I read about travel insurance on another posting. Is it worth it for August?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.healtheverplus.com/viatropin/
- 2 The search engine optimization training
- 3 Butler room in Sandals Grande Riviera Ocho Rios
- 4 car rental in barbados
- 5 Where to go in August??? HELP!
- 6 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 7 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 8 Trip report – 1st time in Turks & Caicos
- 9 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 10 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 11 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 12 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 13 Choosing the Right Island
- 14 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 15 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 16 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 17 Aruba help!
- 18 St Martin
- 19 Planning a three week trip
- 20 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 21 Casa Karma
- 22 Honeymoon - please help!
- 23 50 yo single women trip to Caribbean
- 24 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 25 Cuba