I am looking at a quick celebratory getaway for 4 days, 3 nights to a beach destination near the East Coast with my spouse. Turks and Caicos Islands caught my eye on this forum due to its rave reviews by all who have been there. The turquoise blue waters do appear amazing!
I have some questions:
(a) Is it suitable as a quick getaway (Thursday to Sunday)? That's the most we will be able to take in terms of time off. It's closer to the US East Coast, so I was thinking of this over Aruba or other Caribbean destinations.
(b) We are able to make the trip only in the second week of August. Is it a bad idea to travel to the islands during this time due to hurricane season? I read about travel insurance on another posting. Is it worth it for August?
Turks and Caicos - quick getaway in August
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica all inclusive
- 2 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 3 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 4 Cuba Opening Up
- 5 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 6 Jamaica
- 7 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 8 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 9 Why Barbados?
- 10 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 11 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 12 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 13 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 14 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 15 Just back from The Somerset
- 16 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 17 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 18 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 19 Sandals Resorts
- 20 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 21 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 22 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 23 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 24 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 25 Cuba in 10 days