Hi Canuck from Canada! So what's your take on this? We're booked for end of November to Cayo Largo and included in our tickets was the warning to not bother taking any U.S. money, but my husband is thinking that no way will there be a complete change to the new Cuban peso. I already have a pile of clothes & small gifts to take down for room staff, etc. - that doesn't change. And not that there will be any shopping or much in the way of excursions on Cayo Largo, but it's going to be weird not taking some U.S. cash for what spending there is to do there?
No U.S. Dollars in Cuba
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Pregnant and looking for a good Caribbean holiday
- 2 Which Caribbean island and when to go?
- 3 Overwhelmed
- 4 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 5 Caribbean Destination for Family with Teenage Girls
- 6 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 7 St. Martin Ferry to Anguilla from Philipsburg
- 8 Jamaica help!
- 9 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 10 2 weeks in cuba
- 11 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 12 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 13 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 14 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 15 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 16 Jamaica
- 17 Jamaica all inclusive
- 18 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 19 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 20 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 21 Cuba Opening Up
- 22 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 23 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 24 Why Barbados?
- 25 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!